PDA

View Full Version : Shark Helmets - Review

Anonymous
Mon Jun 28th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Gotta start this with ... OH MY GAWD! This is the best lid I have ever worn! During the R2SL event, I purchased a Shark RSX racer helmet from TK Motorsports (BIG thumbs up to these guys, I wasn't able to leave the track because of event obligations, so Brian brought out his entire stock of Sharks for me to try on :up: ). The initial fit was great, and just got better.

The visors come off very easily, yet are locked in with a double system so that even if you break or lose one of the latching mechanisms, the other will hold it on. Of course it has tear off posts as well, and vents nicely in the warm weather. Now ... riding with it. The first thing you notice is how light these things are. Made of Carbon/Kevlar composite, it's super lightweight - I had a noticable lack of neck fatigue like I used to get with my other helmet. It's also surprisingly quiet, and has a ton of visibility. My confidence and laptime actually improved because of it, as I could see more of where I was going and didn't get the "tunnel" sensation my other helmet caused. It also didn't buffet in the wind.

Over all, I give this helmet 5 :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: ! Definitely worth the money (they do cost a little more) and I highly recommend them, provided it fits your head right. Stop by TK and tell 'em Ralph sent you when you go try one on! :)