PDA

View Full Version : End of Summer Days *Event*

eaheer
Tue Aug 21st, 2007, 07:20 AM
September 15, 2007 from 11:00-6:00, This will be in Aurora address will be given soon! I wanted to prepare you all about this event.

Here's a list of the planned activities.

Bike Show - with prizes (every member should be entering in this)
Bike Wash (I need volunteers)
Dunk Tank - This will be your opportunity to dunk your admin panel!
Silent Auction
Bachelor/Bachelorett Auction - (this is still pending based off your input)
Food
raffle/Prizes
So much more to come! We have tons of vendors, and if you CSC are interested in having your own booth. Please let us know!Thank you so very much for your support!

eaheer
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Here is our first round flier, so please come attend for a good cause. You all are very welcome to come! http://i16.tinypic.com/4mb7h1y.jpg

CBRChick
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Here is our first round flier, so please come attend for a good cause.

:dunno: Maybe I missed it... but what is the good cause?

eaheer
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 03:55 PM
:dunno: Maybe I missed it... but what is the good cause?We are establishing an account for down bikers. We are trying to come up with money to make it easier for the less fortunate riders. Plus another reason is to bring all clubs together, squash any bad issues, and do something together for everyone.

Money55
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 12:50 PM
So where is this at i see 282 havana but i mean is it a shop or just a lot what should i be looking for

eaheer
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 02:39 PM
So where is this at i see 282 Havana but i mean is it a shop or just a lot what should i be looking forThere will be a HUGE banner on the street of Havana, but its a shop! Ricks auto exuast shop. However there will be people out on the street flagging and waving. It will be easy to find!

eaheer
Tue Sep 11th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I wanted to bump this up a little, and let you all know this is still on!

Scribbler
Tue Sep 11th, 2007, 07:17 PM
We are establishing an account for down bikers. We are trying to come up with money to make it easier for the less fortunate riders. Is there an established charity you can reference to on this? I'm all for a good cause, however charities also need to provide a charitable registration. I like to give to a good cause just as anybody else would...however I also like to know that the money I donate DOES go towards a charity, and not in somebody's pocket. Specific charites (ie...going to a specific person) are easy to donate to, because it can be verified that they did benefit from it. However general charities can be suspect. Who decides who receives benefits? Who oversees accounting? Who monitors where the money goes?

No offense intended...however I've seen MHM promote events in the past which never pan out, and I'd not take that as a strong sign of reliable organization.

eaheer
Wed Sep 12th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Is there an established charity you can reference to on this? I'm all for a good cause, however charities also need to provide a charitable registration. I like to give to a good cause just as anybody else would...however I also like to know that the money I donate DOES go towards a charity, and not in somebody's pocket. Specific charites (ie...going to a specific person) are easy to donate to, because it can be verified that they did benefit from it. However general charities can be suspect. Who decides who receives benefits? Who oversees accounting? Who monitors where the money goes?

No offense intended...however I've seen MHM promote events in the past which never pan out, and I'd not take that as a strong sign of reliable organization.No offense taken! First of all we have our own Club Treasure and Office administrators. We have never hosted an event in the past. We were going to do one, but like you said it never panned out. To many conflicts and no help from the property business owner. However we got lots of support on this one and we are DEFINITELY going to have this event. I understand you are a little timid about where your money is going to. We are raising money for our club, as well as trying to put together a fund raiser for all downed bikers that show up to our event. I am not to certain on the specifics on how that is going to be done, all I know is we are working on all the legal issues, and trying our best to make it all happen. This event has got me pretty stressed out so far. With this and that going on. All I can say is come on out, if you still feel timid about where your money will go. You can speak to our club treasure personally. If we get a big turn out between other clubs, then we will take a percentage and give back to the clubs that attended, and donated. Like I mentioned before, I don't handle any of the money! I hope I was able to answer your question. Come on out have fun, relax and meet some of us, as we would LOVE to meet CSC as well. Lets all work together and make something positive for our community as a team!
Thank you,
Sincerely,
President of the club, Anthony Heer!
www.milehighmadness.net

P.S. We were on KBPI 106.7 last night and they aired our event several times. We should be on Fox, and other places as well throughout the week. Should be a good turn out! Well I am crossing my fingers and hoping you all can make it!

eaheer
Thu Sep 13th, 2007, 01:25 PM
If at all possible we would like to get a head count on how many people are expected to come to this event. We also need a rough idea on how many people will be entering the bike show! Thank you so very much for your support!