PDA

View Full Version : Rear Suspension CBR F4 600

nuts4ninjas
Wed Jun 30th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Is there any way to raise the rear with a stock setup and if there isnt what does everyone suggest for alittle raise in the rear and a tiny bit stiffer on the aftermarket side?

yakuza
Wed Jun 30th, 2004, 01:33 PM
You can shim the rear shock, I did that with mine before I got the Penske. You'll need to loosen the gas tank to get at the upper shock mount. Loosen or remove the bolt at the upper clevis, lift the back of the bike so the bolt can slide down through the hole, and place a washer on the bolt between the clevis and the frame mount.

I cut a U-shaped notch out of the washer, this way I was able to slip it around the bolt without having to totally remove the bolt from the frame.

It's a bit hard to explain, take a look at the service manual or one of the fiche sites like ronayers.com and hopefully it will make sense.

Anonymous
Wed Jun 30th, 2004, 02:46 PM
You can also drop the forks, same effect really - you just get a bit less ground clearance.

yakuza
Wed Jun 30th, 2004, 03:11 PM
For me, I really wanted the ground clearance, I was dragging the hell out of the S-Bend on my pipe. I'm assuming that's what he's after...

The GECCO
Wed Jun 30th, 2004, 04:13 PM
adding preload to the spring will both stiffen and raise the rear end, although the raising effect will be minimal at best.

raising the rear with Alex's method (which is spot on, btw) will make the rear spring act stiffer, since it will transfer weight to the front.

the important thing is to adjust only one at a time, I would suggest getting the ride height where you want it, then fine tune the spring if necessary.

nuts4ninjas
Wed Jun 30th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Maybe dropping the front a tiny bit and using the method above to raise the rear also a tiny bit is the best way to go. Guess since I'm off for the next 6 days I'll give it a shot. thanks for the help