PDA

View Full Version : Ride- Saturday, Aug. 25, 2007

pilot
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:25 AM
Before the meet at MoCo:

I'm going to check out the 8th Annual Rocky Mountain Balloon Festival launching at Chatfield (hey, it's on the way). Balloons will be going up from 6:30 to 8:00 (think I'll be there around 7ish) and it looks like a great day for it. I'll be parked over by the entrance to the Army Corps of Engineers building which is just south of C-470 and Wadsworth, at the east (lake side) of the stoplight (this is also one of the ways to head up to Deer Creek Canyon--to the west). I'll be on the 02 silver Kawasaki with saddle bags. If you might want to go into the park there is a $6.00 entry fee. That will get you right up next to the balloons.

TomB
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
I might be into a sat. ride . What area are you thinking of riding.

pilot
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:46 PM
somewhere west of c-470, north of New Mexico, South of Wyoming and east of Grand Junction. But certainly around the Go-Fast girl at the MoCo. Hell, I never till I get there and see what others are up to.

Hey, I just noticed you are from Pine. Perhaps a ride up to the Buck Snort.

Warren
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 12:50 AM
My bike is finally fixed so I will try to come down. I might bring some riders from the Winter park area with me too. The usual time constraints will be there, but if I can make it work I would love to ride

suzinpink
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I will try... if I can move after going out Friday night

Terra
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I'll be there...

BTW, shouldn't that be 'East of Grand Junction'?

--
Terra

PK-R1
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah, If it's East of Grand Junction I'm in.

pilot
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'll be there...

--
TerraDuly noted and amended.

Vehicle 1
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I will be there; with a friend if he can make it out of bed...

D.

Warren
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Yeah, If it's East of Grand Junction I'm in.

Wanna meet up in Idaho Springs and cruise down the frontage road?

Shea
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Put me down for maybe pilot. We'll see how well tonight's date goes... :)

Sully
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 03:36 PM
:hump:.... you and your dates Shea... :roll:...I'm going to call you The Serial Dater !. :lol:....j/k have fun !

Shea
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 03:48 PM
:hump:.... you and your dates Shea... :roll:...I'm going to call you The Serial Dater !. :lol:....j/k have fun !

Hater :)

Just have to find the one that will put up with me and my many quirks....

Sully
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 04:03 PM
UH HUH... :shock:

:lol:

Shea
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 04:10 PM
UH HUH... :shock:

That being a perfect example of one of them :) Thanks Sully, I love you...

Sully
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM
awww.. I love you too Shea ! We all have quirks... it's just finding the right person that they don't seem to bother or notice and in an essence, tend to love those quirks ! .. :)

I just like to tease ya.. :lol:.. (along with mtnairlover)

Shea
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I just like to tease ya.. :lol:.. (along with mtnairlover)

I know you do, that's why I love you. :)

Kristian
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Back to the original post...How long of a ride do you suppose?

pilot
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Back to the original post...How long of a ride do you suppose?Good question. The rides, usually, are kind of a blend of distance and time. Some decide to head back at or before we pass the divide--a shorter morning ride. The halfway point, lunch, is a time when some riders turn back and return to Denver, etc. They arrive home around 2. The balance will run into the mountains a bit further and return in time to watch the sun crossing the western horizon.

pilot
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 06:19 PM
*Please read updated post at top. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=208728&postcount=1

noskills
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 10:40 PM
C U there

Before the meet at MoCo:

I'm going to check out the 8th Annual Rocky Mountain Balloon Festival launching at Chatfield (hey, it's on the way). Balloons will be going up from 6:30 to 8:00 (think I'll be there around 7ish) and it looks like a great day for it. I'll be parked over by the entrance to the Army Corps of Engineers building which is just south of C-470 and Wadsworth, at the east (lake side) of the stoplight (this is also one of the ways to head up to Deer Creek Canyon--to the west). I'll be on the 02 silver Kawasaki with saddle bags. If you might want to go into the park there is a $6.00 entry fee. That will get you right up next to the balloons.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I'm not riding. I'm sleeping by the pool.

pilot
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 11:37 PM
http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/04/bmw_sportboxer_1.jpg

Yeah, If it's East of Grand Junction I'm in.Fast Pat!

I'll be there...

--
TerraThe human MapQuest.

I will try... if I can move after going out Friday nightFck staying out late. Ride or you'll get the Shower Pic treatment!

I might be into a sat. ride . What area are you thinking of riding.Planet earth. You won't regret it. Haven't met one who has.

I will be there; with a friend if he can make it out of bed...

D.Just bring in a can of gas and a match. Your friend will get up might quick (but have coffee in the gas can, ha) Working for the "family" teaches you a few good gags.

Wanna meet up in Idaho Springs and cruise down the frontage road?W- If I don't see you at the MoCo we're going to make a special ed trip for you. Just be at that gas station by the road going up to Echo lake. Pat, the same for you. You might wait for a bit, but I'm pulling the road train through there for ya. You can figure about what time we'll be there.

Put me down for maybe pilot. We'll see how well tonight's date goes... :)Shea, just do it. Time to put that track shite to work where we all do our riding. No corner workers, just dear and gravel, yum!

Back to the original post...How long of a ride do you suppose?Time is the connection between two events. Your mind will overload on time.

C U thereGo Buffs. CU in Vegas--May Bee.

I'm not riding. I'm sleeping by the pool.You're to old to ride with this crew. That and you ride a beat up ZZR. No class. I hope you get a burn on you ass, ha.

For the rest of you, you know who you are and you know what this means... or maybe you will, if you come. ARC = SPEED.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/773/images/00BMWiomtest102-01.jpg