PDA

View Full Version : SOME FUCKTARD STOLE MY DIRT BIKE

FZRguy
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:01 AM
I got home from work at 1 a.m. to discover a rock thrown thru my living room window and my YZ125 gone. Some of you know my bike and it’s fairly unique so please be on the lookout for it. It’s a 2003 YZ125 and the suspension has been lowered two inches front and rear. The forks and shock have RE (Racers Edge) stickers. The seat has been shaved. It has a Answer fat bar with an Applied Racing upper clamp and Fastway hand guard setup. FMF Fatty pipe and silencer. Boyesen ignition and water pump covers. V-Force reeds and a Carbon Works frame protector on the right side. A Trail Tech kick-stand and a Works Connection glide plate. Also gone is my HJC helmet (in pic) and Alpinestars Vector boots.

AshliRider44
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:03 AM
John, what area do you live in?

Sully
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:03 AM
Damn that sucks... I can't believe they actually broke into your house for it! :guns:

FZRguy
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah, me either. They had to drag it thru my living room to get it out. Ash I live in downtown Littleton, directly behind ACC.

DeeStylez
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:26 AM
Man that is kinda odd for someone just to break a window and come into the home for a dirt bike. Almost makes me want to believe that is someone who knows who you personally or someone that live in the neighborhood. Good luck

AshliRider44
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:50 AM
Yeah, me either. They had to drag it thru my living room to get it out. Ash I live in downtown Littleton, directly behind ACC.

Uggggh, so about 6 miles east of us. :( Damn thieves.

~Barn~
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:52 AM
Damn, that sucks John. My guess is that your bike is located some 6 miles West of where you are.

Seriously though, I hope somebody spots it. If not, just overclaim the bejesus out of it on your homeowners, and get a new one like Lolo's.

FZRguy
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:52 AM
It’s def someone that has seen me coming or going with the bike on the trailer. Funny thing is we went to Rampart on Monday and I drained the oil after riding. It’s got an empty crankcase and will seize if anyone tries to ride it without adding a quart of gear oil.

BigE
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:53 AM
John, that bites bro! Just keep an eye on the want ads, CL, ebay etc.
Do you have insurance to cover it?
Was anything else gone? If not, may be it's someone who knows ya or of the bike at least.

Suki
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:54 AM
It’s def someone that has seen me coming or going with the bike on the trailer. Funny thing is we went to Rampart on Monday and I drained the oil after riding. It’s got an empty crankcase and will seize if anyone tries to ride it without adding a quart of gear oil.

ah man, well i hope you get it back before they fuck it up! :scream1:

FZRguy
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:08 AM
I’ve got over 5k in it and I’ll be lucky to get 2k from insurance since dirt bikes age in dog years. They took the bike, dirt helmet and boots. They were in a big hurry to get out of here and did not take anything else. It happened around 3 p.m.

Bueller
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:39 AM
Dude that is sooo f'ed up. broad dayight and no one saw anything?
I will keep an eye out. If they do seize her hopefully they aren't wearing the helmet and they go over the bars and snap their fucking neck!

Sortarican
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:58 AM
Hey John, I live near you too, over on Windermere.

There's a bunch of low end apartments over by me that house
the kind of crackheads that probably did this.

I'll keep an eye out and be sure to let you know if I see anything.

FZRguy
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:54 AM
From the looks of the grass and the walk, they backed a truck right up to the entryway. There’s a ton of stuff that they could have taken but they just wanted the YZ. Too bad for them it’s setup for a 110 lb. rider. I have theft and fire on it with Geico as part of my street bike policy but I don’t expect to get much for it. Kelley BB has retail at $2165.

FZRguy
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:56 AM
And my neighbors were either not at home or saw (heard) nothing. The guy next to me is usually home but he’s blind.

FZRguy
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:16 PM
Englewood PD found my bike but it’s a total loss. It was ridden hard with no oil and the tranny is seized, and the top end is probably toast too. Lots of heavy crash damage everywhere. Only good news is that it looks like they got hurt. This is really worst case scenario b/c I have only theft and fire coverage, so it will be a total loss now. I haven’t told Geico that the bike was recovered yet. Dean, can I borrow your boat tonight?

Devaclis
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Damn John, that sucks bud. :(

Can you get anything from the parts on it? Anything you can sell or put on another bike?

Sortarican
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Where'd they find it in Englewood?

FZRguy
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:35 PM
Not much resale value in used two-stroke dirt parts these days. It was found abandoned just north of Oxford and Windermere in the industrial park.

Bueller
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
How about homeowners/renters insurance? It was in your house.
Fuck those fucks!

~Barn~
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:40 PM
I'm with Bueller. I'd have a long hard talk with your H.O.I rep, and see what your policy will cover.

About 10 years ago, I had a high dollar mountainbike stolen. It wasn't even in our house or in front of our house or anything, it was on a neighbor kids porch. Our homeowners policy basically just let me buy a new one and had me send a receipt which they promptly reimbursed.

We maybe had a ringer of a policy, but they might come through. I have my fingers crossed for ya John!

Spiderman
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:48 PM
John, that really sucks! I'm sorry it happened. I hope karma was heavy-handed on them, and I hope that everything works out to your benefit. Let us know if there's anything we can do.

(( LO LO ))
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you can replace the damaged bike through your insurance. Time for a YZ450F!

InlineSIX24
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:25 PM
The only positive thing would be if they found the person's dead body next to the bike when they found it. Time to get an alarm system for the house.

Bueller
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
Time for a YZ450F!
I'd pay to see that!

FZRguy
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
A 110 lb. dude on a 450...ain’t gonna happen. :no:

After closer inspection of my policy, I have comp coverage not just theft/fire. It will be covered under vandalism. It’s going to be at least 2k just for all the parts to fix it. I’ve got $600 in the suspension alone, so if Geico pays I think it’s worth fixing.

(( LO LO ))
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:20 PM
A 110 lb. dude on a 450...ain’t gonna happen. :no:

After closer inspection of my policy, I have comp coverage not just theft/fire. It will be covered under vandalism. It’s going to be at least 2k just for all the parts to fix it. I’ve got $600 in the suspension alone, so if Geico pays I think it’s worth fixing.

Sorry man, didn't know you were such a lightweight...:spit: But we need to go ride sometime...

FZRguy
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:31 PM
115 on a good day…:D

King Nothing
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:33 PM
Could you claim it on your homeowners AND motorcycle coverages? It was stolen out of your HOUSE.

64BonnieLass
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:35 PM
So are/will the cops do anything to figure out who took it in the first place? Guess I'm naive, but there must be finger prints all over that bike. (I am watching too much CSI)

At least you have some "closure" and found it. So bummed you had to deal with this John.

CBRSue
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:17 PM
115 on a good day…:D

I would kill to weigh in at 115!

Sorry to hear about your bike. :( That just sucks. I hope working with your insurance company and rebuilding your bike goes as smoothly as possible.

Stuart Little
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Too bad for them it’s setup for a 110 lb. rider.

Damnit, If only I woulda known before I threw my back out pickin that mother up outta the livin......

Oh um... nevermind :)

J/K, I hope you get your bike back together

(and I still have your damn purple backpack in my trunk, as you brought your extra jacket for linds it a dozen months ago!!! I dont wanna purple bag in my trunk!!!)

mayhem
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you can replace the damaged bike through your insurance. Time for a YZ450F!

don't get a four choker, there for lazy old slow ppl that can't handle the 2-stroke power............lol

AshliRider44
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry to hear about the bike John, hopefully it gets covered. :(

(( LO LO ))
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 09:59 AM
don't get a four choker, there for lazy old slow ppl that can't handle the 2-stroke power............lol
WHAT?!?! I eat 2 strokers for breakfast on my new thumper.... Why do you think RC and Bubba turned in their 250's for thumpers... duh!

mayhem
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 10:10 AM
they had to pay ricky to switch............otherwise he'd still be on a 2-stroke....and as for bubba, who cares what that ass crack rides..he's as dangerous as a 3 peckered billygoat...seriously tho, the manufacturers make them switch for sales reasons.................

4-choker = lazy mans bike

mayhem
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 10:14 AM
WHAT?!?! I eat 2 strokers for breakfast on my new thumper.... Why do you think RC and Bubba turned in their 250's for thumpers... duh!

yeah, i bet those yz80's are hard to catch tho........................:)

FZRguy
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Geico is sending an adjuster out next week. Doug, motor vehicles are excluded on HO policies so no go there. Yes Teri, you’ve been watching too much CSI. Stolen dirt bikes are low priority. The fact that the house was broken into moves it up a notch but I’ll be surprised if a detective calls. Sue, you’ll get there...just keep up those two-a-day workouts. Stu, I left that purple backpack b/c I know it matches most of the clothes that you wear. :)

FZRguy
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 11:06 AM
As for 2 vs. 4 stroke, the ring ding has been the perfect dirt bike for me. It’s light enough that even I can throw it around and it makes more power than I know how to use. However, I’d love to have a new WR250 also…and a TZ250, and a KTM EXC SM, and a CBR600RR, and a DZ400, and...

mayhem
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM
i was just messin with lo lo, to each his own....but i'm not old enough to ride a 4-choker, i'm only 42

chadincolo
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM
It’s going to be at least 2k just for all the parts to fix it. I’ve got $600 in the suspension alone, so if Geico pays I think it’s worth fixing.

Heck, for $2000, go buy another YZ125 and transfer all your good parts to it, or the other way around...take the remains to Steeles and get a few bucks...

Ricky
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Damn, that sucks John. My guess is that your bike is located some 6 miles West of where you are.

Seriously though, I hope somebody spots it. If not, just overclaim the bejesus out of it on your homeowners, and get a new one like Lolo's.

Unfortunately, at least with State Farm, motorized vehicles not used to maintain your home, are not covered by a homeowners insurance policy. I discovered thsi a few years back because I one of those cheap ass stand-up gas powered scooters that goes like 25mph. They came into my garage, stole my mountain bike, my sub out of my truck, my scooter, and a bunch of power tools. Sub covered under vehicle policy only, even though vehicle was in my garage, and the scooter not covered because it is gas powered and doesn't have its own insurance policy, and it's not used to maintain the home (i.e. lawn power, weed eater, etc.)

Really sucks to hear about that. I'd focus on people that live near you and have seen it out before.

(( LO LO ))
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 02:01 PM
they had to pay ricky to switch............otherwise he'd still be on a 2-stroke....and as for bubba, who cares what that ass crack rides..he's as dangerous as a 3 peckered billygoat...seriously tho, the manufacturers make them switch for sales reasons.................

4-choker = lazy mans bike
Actually I remember an interview with Ricky C. awhile back on SPEED vision where they asked him what he thought about the switch to the 450. He said straight out that he loved his 250, but had to make the switch to the 450 to remain competitive, even though he really didn't need the help to stay out front. Several mechanics such as Jeremy Mcgraths, even said the 4 strokes are so ridiculously fast and reliable that it is inevitable that the 2 strokes will become obsolete!

FZRguy
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 05:30 PM
LPD called Friday saying that a dude was arrested with my riding gear by DPD. I took over pics and receipts of my gear and talked to the detective working the case. He’s charging this punk with felony theft and burglary. Dude’s name is Justin and I figured out who he is after sleeping on it. He’s a buddy of my former loser neighbor, "Bob" that was arrested for breaking into another unit while he was living here. Bob was always enamoured with my bike and I even thought of him when this first happened. I’m working on finding him now so LPD can arrest him too. I’m sure he is the instigator and Justin was along for the ride.

Bueller
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM
NICE! Hope they get it crammed up their ass!

Dysco
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Holy crap! Glad they got the guy and hopefully you can sue the crap out of him... what crap's left in him, of course.

Did the guy have any damage on his person?

FZRguy
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Considering the rash on my gear, I’d say he’s a hurtin’ unit. He actually called DPD to report that he was involved in a hit and run accident. Then he changed his story saying that his friend pushed him off the back of a moving motorcycle. The evidence is starting to pile up and if the DA is game, I’M GOING TO PUT THESE FUCKERS IN PRISON!

Stuart Little
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:21 AM
F&$kin Nice :) Love it when things actually come close to right, we'll hope they get time.

sprtbkbabe
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Go get 'em John! Bastard thieves!:sniper:

JAFO
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I hope he breaks his fuckin neck riding it!

Smoke&Mirrors
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Damn, I'm new to this forum, but just let me say this is the first time I have read a theft thread where the dickhead was actually caught. Glad they got one of the guys, hopefully you can get your bike or another one fixed up.

Sortarican
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 08:46 AM
John,
If the insurance doesn't cover the full cost (which it sounds as though it won't), check with Littleton on getting help from the victims assistance fund.

Hell, we all pay into it with every traffic ticket, about time it pays out.

ghostrider_9
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Any new news on this? I love hearing about thieves that get caught!

FZRguy
Mon Sep 10th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I got an email from the detective working the case and it will be months before anything like a trial happens. My insurance estimate is better than I expected so it should cover the parts that I need. I should have her rebuilt in a month or so.

~Barn~
Mon Sep 10th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Good to hear John. I happy it's swinging your way.
:up:

R1chie
Wed Sep 12th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Great news. Glad you got your bike back. I just hope the justice system deals with him properly, to often they get off easy.

As far as 4 strokes are concerned, there are some 110 lb riders that race motocross 450's. I know one guy from work your size who had a 250 4 stroke WR that upgraded to a 450 and never looked back. It is all about what you are comfortable with. Good luck with getting your bike back together. One advantage 2 strokes have is they are much easier to rebuild the top end.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 13th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Hey John, sorry to hear it, but glad as hell they caught the fucktard. should we plan the beatdown?:scream1:

Best of luck man!

FZRguy
Mon Jan 7th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Welp, she’s finally back together better than new. As for the perps, the one caught with my gear pleaded guilty to attempted burglary and was sentenced to three years probation, 80 hours community service and $3,576 of restitution ($1,755 to be paid to me for my labor and parts that were not covered by insurance). We had no evidence on the other punk, so he got off scot-free.

motaboy
Mon Jan 7th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Congrats. It's good to see a happy ending out of B.S. situation. To many other robbery victims aren't that lucky.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 7th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Damn John, she looks so pretty. You need to get her all dirty to celebrate her return to rideable condition!!

JustSomeDude
Mon Jan 7th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I like the word "fucktard".

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Jan 7th, 2008, 05:20 PM
^ LOL me to it has a nice ring to it.
Congrats on getting the yami back together looks nice.

Buddau
Tue Jan 8th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I'm glad you get her back. Now get it dirty!

Dysco
Tue Jan 8th, 2008, 09:32 PM
w00P! More dirt!

FZRguy
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Interesting ending to this story. Perp #2 died in a one car accident in the City of Denver on leap day, Feb 29. I won’t be collecting any restitution from a dead guy, but I figure it’s worth it to get him out of the gene pool. Perp #1 got off scot-free but karma will take care of him too some day.

TheStig
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 09:14 PM
What that is nuts! Wait was the guy that died the guy that got the probation or the other guy?

Buddau
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Karma is a bitch. Be nice people!

(( LO LO ))
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Can't you still collect from his "estate" or whatever they call it when someone owes others money. I am sure he had something of value to sell or be auctioned off.

FZRguy
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Perp 2 is the only one we caught and he accepted a probation plea deal with restitution. Perp 1 used to be my neighbor and now lives in Grand Jct. Neither of these guys has a job or any assets. If not for the help of a detective at Littleton PD, I would not have found out that perp 2 is dead. His PO sure wasn’t going to go to any trouble to track him down, and neither was Denver PD.

Stuart Little
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Ah, well, hopefully no one checks his brake lines and whoever cut them will get off scot free ... YOU'RE WELCOME LIL GUY :)

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 18th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Wanna take a trip to GJ? :twisted:

Centrios
Fri Apr 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Wanna take a trip to GJ? :twisted:

Ill drive.

~Barn~
Fri Apr 18th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I'm in, but I'm not fighting this guy. I'm off probation in less than 6 months!
:lol: