PDA

View Full Version : having problem with wheelies

Bassil Duwaik
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:06 PM
Not sure what I'm doing to induce this but from time to time when I do a wheelie my front end wobbles from side to side. One person told me it's the rpms on the bike causing it to wobble. Another said that I need to put all my weight on the pegs and not sit but it still wobbles. I can wheelie a few hundred feet without the wobble but that's only if I keep it high enough where I've got to keep accelerating to keep it up. When I get it high enough where I don't have to accelerate to keep it up it wobbles and I don't know what I'm doing wrong if anything? Anyone else having this problem or had it?

pilot
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:18 PM
The problem is you are not pulling away from the toll booth fast enough (inside joke), HA. 200'! Dude, I can't get the Tuna Boat more than 4 inches off the ground and that is over a curb.

pilot
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:22 PM
Oh, and there is a guy named Jay up in Dillon. Joe!!!, Denverbusa and I rode with him. He could pull wheelies and stoppies like there was no tomorrow. At dinner he told us he use to hold some sort of record a long while back. 35 miles or something like that. Anyways, he's good and I'll bet if you buy him lunch he'll give you some pointers. Let me know if you want me to dig for his biz card. Also, I think that the Springs has a great stunt rider that can work with you. Just can't remember his CSC handle.

Bassil Duwaik
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:24 PM
lol yea I remember that toll booth. Wish I'd learn to let the bike down softer a lot sooner then I did. Could have saved up some mula with the fork seals. Speaking of which I finally got it fixed and replaced the pads and the tires.

Ah perhaps when I get back to CO I'll check him out but my next visit could be for sometime here. I had to spend half the day today adjusting the clutches to one of the dozers being that these guys push the equiptment too hard.

pilot
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:32 PM
Ready to race! Are you going to get into the circuit in CA? You should get some dirt bikes and race around those strip mines you're making.

Bassil Duwaik
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:35 PM
I'm trying to put the bike back together so that I can go with a few guys up to thunderhill. They've been pushing me to go and I really want to. Just today I got the new tire and finally got the seal put in and the brakes. Next I need to get another reservoir for the rad being that the patch I'd put on the last one just failed. Not sure how long it will take for me to get one of those. I placed the order with the fairings though bikebandit but knowing them and ducati it may be a while before I get them. In the meantime I'm scouring ebay for one.

Thunderhill vids
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4kk3CrJHttw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8mKWUvSMnNY

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 09:12 PM
bump, no one's had that problem?

Bueller
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Must be your octane rating, try to get higher

Nick_Ninja
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 10:46 PM

Hey! Where can I get some of the shit you been smokin' ??

:siesta:

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Hey! Where can I get some of the shit you been smokin' ??

:siesta:

In CA seems like just about everyone under the sun smokes something. Just the other day saw some kids walking down the street smoking gunja. I could have smelled it from a mile away. Have you ever had the problem I spoke of above ninja? Scares me when I get that wobble even though I still ride though it I worry it can wobble to the point I lose it. Not looking at getting into stunting but simply would like to know I can do it.

rybo
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 06:59 AM
I've not had the problem you speak of, but you want to be VERY careful of doing sustained wheelies on your duc. It's pretty easy to starve the front cylinder of oil if you put the front end up in the air for too long. Just a word of caution.

Also, the radiator reservoir is a common failure on ducatis of that era. When you order, order two and keep one on reserve just in case.

my .02

derekm
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 01:56 AM
speed wobble prob., keep practicing

#1Townie
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 09:15 PM
speed wobble prob., keep practicing

+1

S56GSXR1000
Sun Sep 9th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Get the bike to the balance point and keep it there. Problem resolved.