PDA

View Full Version : Ride through Rocky Mountain State Park

tl1000riders
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Plan on leaving at 10am. Sunday morning Heading up through Boulder Canyon on into Estes Park. From there into RMNP. Possibly coming back from RMNP to Hwy.40 through Granby and Winter Park, to Empire and home from I-70. Anyone interested please let me know This way we can arrange a meeting place. Thanks

Bueller
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 06:38 PM
You will hate I-70 sunday afternoon.

pilot
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Better to take all the side roads back from Empire. Have a good ride.

Aracheon
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 08:12 PM
You will hate I-70 sunday afternoon.

I hate I-70 all the time. State Patrol crawls that highway with a vengeance.

Bueller
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 08:21 PM
You won't have to worry about speeding :turtle:

tl1000riders
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will take I-70 first and head to Granby and then through RMNP and to Estes.

onelocked
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I am in !!!

onelocked
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 06:11 PM
anybody else interested ???

tl1000riders
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 09:18 PM
I think the group riders have their clicks and are afraid of going outside the circle to ride with new people. It's ok for us to tag along with them though, go figure. I'm not going to post any other rides here as I think it's a waste of my time. I met some cool people at the newbie ride. One of them I ride with all the time. Thanks for giving the newb a chance. (New to the forum not new to riding.) You wouldn't know that because you don't take the time to find out.

onelocked
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I couldn't agree with you more, this site is very clickish no wonder it gets a bad rap!!! I too am a "board newbie" but am hardly a new rider but none here would know that. I am sure there are some good people here but I haven't been given a chance either. Posting here is a waste of time.

daemon
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I think the group riders have their clicks and are afraid of going outside the circle to ride with new people. It's ok for us to tag along with them though, go figure. I'm not going to post any other rides here as I think it's a waste of my time. I met some cool people at the newbie ride. One of them I ride with all the time. Thanks for giving the newb a chance. (New to the forum not new to riding.) You wouldn't know that because you don't take the time to find out.

I couldn't agree with you more, this site is very clickish no wonder it gets a bad rap!!! I too am a "board newbie" but am hardly a new rider but none here would know that. I am sure there are some good people here but I haven't been given a chance either. Posting here is a waste of time.

perhaps that is true....
i have yet to feel that way.
tagging along on a group ride is the best way to show you are capable to keep yourself in check.
as far as ride posting-i don't think it has anything to do with the peeps not wanting to ride with you.
perhaps more to do with the fact that they have other things planned.

what is the problem though if you or others have had the oppurtunity to find a group that you are comfortable with???

i would've been more than happy to have ridden through or met you in the park today,but i was there last sunday and just yesterday.

one word of advice........wear warm clothes.

last word-you will find that there are some people who will eventually ride with you and be comfortable with doing so on a regular basis.

tl1000riders
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry for grouping all the riders. I will post some other rides and see what happens. I would like to find the riders close to me that way we can do spur of the moment rides like after work. Maybe meet at the sonic on 96th,Fed friday night.

TomB
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I dont think its you at all. Its just that every weekend its "lets go to estes peak to peak central city speedway" Ithink to many people have done to many times this summer and it gets old. Plus Ithink the road sucks(opion)To many cops too.The weekend before a good 12 bikes did it. I am new to club too. Looking to ride this sat(9/1) mabye moco around 9am ish.Check out the post.

GSXRJOHNNY
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I'm new here to and think it takes a while for people to get to know you, warm up to you so to speek. Give it time. I'd love to come up and ride with you guys. I live in CS and have done my long day this month. If you do another ride in a few weeks I'll see if I can grab some folks from down under here and ride up to meet for the ride.

Super-zHero
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 11:05 AM
TL1000 guy, you need to give it more of a chance. there are a ton of cool people on this board, just not everybody can go when you can. I posted a 5am ride last week for two days and nobody responded to that, not 'cuz they dont like me but rather because thats not the only time they have to ride.... unlike myself. Also, you should put your location up so when you post people know where your at and where to meet.

hope you stay on board