PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Powers

Κανελλόπουλος
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Anyone know of somewhere I can buy/have mounted Pilot Powers for less than $355 out the door on the bike?

120/70ZR-17
180/55ZR-17

Sully
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Have you thought about buying them at Performance and having Dean (on the board) mount them for you ? I'm pretty sure it's less than $355... :)

But I'm curious.. you have Grand Prix in your sig... do you work there .. or get a discount ? :dunno:

Κανελλόπουλος
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I do but we specialize in Dunlop and don't get great prices on Mich's. :cry: And I've really wanted to try the Powers over the Qualifiers.

Clovis
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I love pilot powers - are you looking for 2CT or the regular Pilot powers? I bought my rear 2CT for about $195 (including tax). The R1 came with regular Pilot powers stock and the rear tire lasted about 3300 miles (it had some more wear on it but I changed it out before doing a 1000 mile weekend trip - Durango). I replaced it with a 2CT that is supposed to last about 5000 miles but at 3700 miles it going to need a replacement soon.

Sully
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Konichd swears by his Qualifiers (but he also rides a Kawi :lol: sooo...) ... but I actually like the CT's better than the Powers, but it's personal choice of course :) ... As far as lasting 5K miles... heh.. DOUBT IT (for me anyway)!... my Powers lasted @ 4K miles and I think the CT's will probably get about the same.. :cry:

Have you called TFOG ?

636chick
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=Sully;210372]Konichd swears by his Qualifiers (but he also rides a Kawi :lol: sooo...) ... QUOTE]

I SAWthat:scream1:!!!!!!

:lol:

Κανελλόπουλος
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I originally was going with the CT2's but I was told they had problems(I forget the exact problem). They are $50 more for the set of CT's than Powers for me which isn't that big of a deal. Has anyone heard of any real problems besides the recall that's posted on the board? I'm wondering how the Powers compare to the CT's on the track and road. And no I haven't called TFOG yet. I more or less just want to make sure I'm paying a decent price for the tires I'm buying so I'll give them a call.

jplracing
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 08:05 AM
if interested, I have two sets of powers for sale. Both with one track day. On rear is a 2ct.

120/180

$75 per set

dirkterrell
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I originally was going with the CT2's but I was told they had problems(I forget the exact problem).

There was a recall on the front 120 2CTs over some issue with the manufacturing of a particular batch of them but I haven't heard of any incidents on the street with them. I run them on my 750 track bike and I really like them. I've heard that they can get a little greasy when it's hot but in 3 track days at PMP the last month (air temps near 90), I didn't have any problems with them. A guy at PMP on the 17th told me that he preferred the regular Powers to the 2CTs on his RC-51. I'd say try a set and methodically test them to see how they work for you.

Dirk

Sully
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:12 AM
I have used both on the street and track... and prefer the CT's on the track, however, my front is a Power and the rear is a CT... From what I've heard, the CT's are stickier (than the Powers) on the edges for better grip.

Maybe you should buy Joe's (above for sale) and see how ya like them.. :idea:

Matty
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 11:41 AM
my choice of tires in order.

Dunlop Qualifiers (best grip. downside, tires don't last long)

Pirelli Corsa IIIs (just as good grip as the Qualifier. but pricey)

Michellin Pilot Powers (great grip in the beginning, but not that confident feeling as tire starts to wear).

Metzler M3s (great grip in dry and wet, heats up hella fast.)

i won't ride any other tire.......

but back to the topic at hand... there's a Cycle Gear (kinda like Performance) opening up in Littleton in the next few months. they charge i think like $15 to mount a tire off the bike.

common man, anybody with stands should be able to take their rims/tires off a bike.

Matty
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I have used both on the street and track... and prefer the CT's on the track, however, my front is a Power and the rear is a CT... From what I've heard, the CT's are stickier (than the Powers) on the edges for better grip.

Maybe you should buy Joe's (above for sale) and see how ya like them.. :idea:
the CT are a little softer at the edge of the tire. unless you ride the track or really hard in the canyons the regularr PP are good enough.

Sully
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 11:57 AM
C'mon Matty.. you know I ride hard !

:lol:... not..

Personal note.. I felt the powers didn't grip as well in the canyon and slipped out on me twice.. I feel better on the CT right now.. my .02 cents. :p

tarded400
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Try americanmototire.com... They're sittin about $250 before shipping for the regular powers. I paid $200 shipped for my motard tires through them... slapped em on myself.

PsychoMike
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 01:18 PM
my choice of tires in order.

Dunlop Qualifiers (best grip. downside, tires don't last long)

Pirelli Corsa IIIs (just as good grip as the Qualifier. but pricey)

Michellin Pilot Powers (great grip in the beginning, but not that confident feeling as tire starts to wear).

Metzler M3s (great grip in dry and wet, heats up hella fast.)

i won't ride any other tire.......

but back to the topic at hand... there's a Cycle Gear (kinda like Performance) opening up in Littleton in the next few months. they charge i think like $15 to mount a tire off the bike.

common man, anybody with stands should be able to take their rims/tires off a bike.

WOOO finally a cycle gear out here!!!!

hcr25
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 12:04 PM
PM sent on pilot powers

Damon1974
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I've bought from these people before. Usually cheaper with shipping than the dealerships.

http://lithiummotorsports.com/

Check them out. Mount them at a shop or friend near you. Racers usually can hook you up pretty cheap.

mayhem
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 07:07 AM
all i can say is BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX'S TYPE 3.............MY .02