PDA

View Full Version : Clickish riders in the CSC

tl1000riders
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I think the group riders have their clicks and are afraid of going outside the circle to ride with new people. It's ok for us to tag along with them though, go figure. I'm not going to post any other rides here as I think it's a waste of my time. I met some cool people at the newbie ride. One of them I ride with all the time. Thanks for giving the newb a chance. (New to the forum not new to riding.) You wouldn't know that because you don't take the time to find out.:scream1:

Bueller
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 09:36 PM
:wtf:

GO!!!!!!!46
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I think the group riders have their clicks and are afraid of going outside the circle to ride with new people. It's ok for us to tag along with them though, go figure. I'm not going to post any other rides here as I think it's a waste of my time. I met some cool people at the newbie ride. One of them I ride with all the time. Thanks for giving the newb a chance. (New to the forum not new to riding.) You wouldn't know that because you don't take the time to find out.:scream1:

:violin:

#1Townie
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 12:52 AM
damn playa dont bes hatn..

Slo
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Hey man, don't be down from experiences with a couple of people. Your welcome to ride with me and my buddies anytime. I live pretty close to you as well off 120th and huron.

pilot
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 06:05 AM
You must have ridden with Mountainairlover, as she is really tough to ride with and doesn't care about anybody else. Why on her last 10 social rides I heard that all the people that came out, for practically all ten, said that they would never ride with her another time, well, cept for the next and the next. j/k

I'm not sure if we've been on a ride together. But, if we had, you'd still be picking the sand out of your teeth (meant as being adventurous riding). Good luck with all.

daemon
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 07:04 AM
You must have ridden with Mountainairlover, as she is really tough to ride with and doesn't care about anybody else. Why on her last 10 social rides I heard that all the people that came out, for practically all ten, said that they would never ride with her another time, well, cept for the next and the next. j/k

and here i thought they only came out for my witty banter.

i posted my opinion on your other thread.

here is the way it stands.
perhaps that is true....
i have yet to feel that way.
tagging along on a group ride is the best way to show you are capable to keep yourself in check.
as far as ride posting-i don't think it has anything to do with the peeps not wanting to ride with you.
perhaps more to do with the fact that they have other things planned.

what is the problem though if you or others have had the oppurtunity to find a group that you are comfortable with???

i would've been more than happy to have ridden through or met you in the park today,but i was there last sunday and just yesterday.

one word of advice........wear warm clothes.

last word-you will find that there are some people who will eventually ride with you and be comfortable with doing so on a regular basis.

i guess the large groups cathy and i gather with and or ride with have been too far for you to join us.
last weekends ride through trail ridge had 13+ riders and one came from colorado springs to loveland for a half day ride.

as i said....keep trying. someone will ride with you.

Bueller
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Geeze give people a chance to get to know you, riding with people is a very personal thing for most. There are too many whak jobs out there to ride with just everyone on the spur of the moment. I generaly ride with those I know and avoid the others until I know how they ride. Of course I am one of the whak jobs so I don't want to mess up others civilized rides.

Just got tired of picking up the pieces on every group ride.

tl1000riders
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 07:54 AM
I'm sorry for grouping all the riders. I will post some other rides and see what happens. I would like to find the riders close to me that way we can do spur of the moment rides like after work. Maybe meet at the sonic on 96th,Fed friday night.:)

daemon
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 07:54 AM
well said bueller.

keep it sane,keep it real.

daemon
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I'm sorry for grouping all the riders. I will post some other rides and see what happens. I would like to find the riders close to me that way we can do spur of the moment rides like after work. Maybe meet at the sonic on 96th,Fed friday night.:)
now that's the attitude we like to see here.

truthfully i would invite you to one of our rides,but you've gotta go the distance

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 08:44 AM

I'm not sure if we've been on a ride together. But, if we had, you'd still be picking the sand out of your teeth (meant as being adventurous riding). Good luck with all.

Ha! Hey, I resemble that remark.

Since Pilot slammed me so well (j/k), just thought I'd post my .02 here and leave it at that. Sorry I couldn't ride wit ya, seein's how I smooshed my Zed and am licking my wounds right now. It does take a bit to get to know peeps and I've noticed that lots of peeps are hesitant to ride with new people because they wanna get to know them first. But, once you do get to know people, well, then you'll have a great group of friends to ride with.

I have no idea where I'd be now if Mayo (daemon) weren't so freakin' insistent, but we've been riding together for the past year and have had lots of fun putting together rides for peeps in the north. It just takes time.

Don't give up.:)

daemon
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I have no idea where I'd be now if Mayo (daemon) weren't so freakin' insistent, but we've been riding together for the past year and have had lots of fun putting together rides for peeps in the north. It just takes time.

Don't give up.:)
and we keep drawing them in:hump:

mayhem
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 02:52 PM
i just joined the boards about 2 weeks ago, and i have ridden with a few ppl here in the south and got along really well with them. and today a couple of us southies hook up with denverbusa and about 40 other riders and we had a blast, until someone crashed.....there are alot of different pesonallities out there & different riding levels, you just gotta find the one's you enjoy riding with and the one's that enjoy ridin with you..................:hump:

cdbouncer
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 08:44 AM
WOW! 21 whole posts and you should be a regular and people should all jump to come ride with you? Sorry - It's probably just the Mondays but uh, maybe you should make the effort? I'm a rookie and I certainly do not belong with most of the riders on this site.....they pick and chose me as much as I pick and choose them. The group you ride with is so important....a little effort might be necessary. Go on some other people's rides, get to know people....THEN maybe you can expect people to hook up on a ride you organize.

I've been here for 8+ months and I still only know a few people and I've ridden with fewer. Hopefully that'll change as I get more skilled but come on...show up, toss out a ride and expect people to show up - then whine when they don't? uh :cry:

Ricky
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM

That's definitely way better attitude than your first post :) I'd probably come do a Friday night 96th & Federal ride, as I'm on the north side. I find myself just riding around by myself on the weekends, just for an excuse to ride!

Slo
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:58 PM

I think what it comes down to is history. Theres all kinds of people out there with different riding styles and opinions on what is safe vs crazy vs stupid riding. Without people knowing you that well, it will be harder to organize a group ride, it's better if you can just join in a few rides and get to know some people....

Organizing your own ride usually means you will define the route, pace, safety, etc.... Others will want to see how you have demonstrated all this on other rides with them as well before committing.

tl1000riders
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 04:26 PM
WOW! 21 whole posts and you should be a regular and people should all jump to come ride with you? Sorry - It's probably just the Mondays but uh, maybe you should make the effort? I'm a rookie and I certainly do not belong with most of the riders on this site.....they pick and chose me as much as I pick and choose them. The group you ride with is so important....a little effort might be necessary. Go on some other people's rides, get to know people....THEN maybe you can expect people to hook up on a ride you organize.

I've been here for 8+ months and I still only know a few people and I've ridden with fewer. Hopefully that'll change as I get more skilled but come on...show up, toss out a ride and expect people to show up - then whine when they don't? uh :cry:
I didn't know it was posting experience that gave you riding skills. Really what was I thinking. That's my point you say you're an experienced poster so that makes you an experienced rider.LOL:shocked:

MAZIN
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 10:18 AM
A ride is a ride, its not like your plugging each other first jeeez, see a post for a ride.....Go ride, that simple

Slo
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 10:34 AM
A ride is a ride, its not like your plugging each other first jeeez, see a post for a ride.....Go ride, that simple

You would think it was that simple haha. Someone like Terra posts a ride, you wouldn't just want to join up with it without knowing his riding style or people that will be riding with him. If your a wild rider, then when someone like me posts a ride and you bring your wild skillz, you will be "convinced" to leave our group at our first break point. Not saying any specific type of riding is wrong (even though i do have my personal opinions), but it is important to try and match up with the right group.

If not, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Like I said earlier, people are hesitant to ride with others that they are not familiar with due to past accidents, some far worse than others. I don't believe for the most-part that it has anything to do with clickish riders though.

It's really not a big deal to arrange a group ride, there are so many to choose from, plus it does place a lot of responsibility on the person that arranges it.

cdbouncer
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 10:35 AM
I didn't know it was posting experience that gave you riding skills. Really what was I thinking. That's my point you say you're an experienced poster so that makes you an experienced rider.LOL:shocked:

Well - actually, I'm fairly certain I said that maybe you should make the effort to get to know some people here before you judge. It's just as important to be comfortable with the people you ride with as it is to be comfortable on your bike.

oh yea...and i'm also pretty certain I stated that I was a rookie.....as far as I know that doesn't mean I'm experienced at anything...

MAZIN
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 10:50 AM
Well when entering a ride you have to observe safty first and formost, if you do that you shouldent offend anyone. Take your spot, stay in your spot, dont act like a jack-ass. Maybe there should be a thread on ride-edicate?

friscokidd
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 11:03 AM
Of course I am one of the whak jobs...

aint THAT the truth...:squid:

Jenny
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 11:46 AM
For me, to be honest, the longer I ride, the fewer people I actually ride with. It has nothing to do with cliques but rather, feeling comfortable with the people you're riding with.

I don't want someone I don't know getting on my ass because if I fuck up and they don't know what they're doing, we'll both go down. I don't want someone hauling ass after me because they have to keep up with "that girl" either. I like it when the people I do ride with *know* when I'm going to take more of a race line through upcoming turns, when they *know* I want to make a lane change, etc.

I'm probably pickier than most about who I ride with, but if I'm not comfortable, I'm not having fun and the rare times I do actually go for a street ride, it had better damn well be an incredible time! :)

Don't take it personally.

Mel
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 11:56 AM
For me, to be honest, the longer I ride, the fewer people I actually ride with. It has nothing to do with cliques but rather, feeling comfortable with the people you're riding with.

I don't want someone I don't know getting on my ass because if I fuck up and they don't know what they're doing, we'll both go down. I don't want someone hauling ass after me because they have to keep up with "that girl" either. I like it when the people I do ride with *know* when I'm going to take more of a race line through upcoming turns, when they *know* I want to make a lane change, etc.

I'm probably pickier than most about who I ride with, but if I'm not comfortable, I'm not having fun and the rare times I do actually go for a street ride, it had better damn well be an incredible time! :)

Don't take it personally.

:imwithstupid:
I have kinda followed this thread and didn't really know how to state my thoughts, but Jenny kinda hit my feelings on the head. I have ridden with the groups, I will show up here and there. I do not post up planned rides on here, but rather make my arrangements to ride with friends via other means (typically text message). I am always open to meeting new people, but I do not feel that I want to ride with everyone out there just because we have something in common. Make some friends, hit up people and ride in groups of 2 or 3 and find your niche before you start combining your groups and rides. And ESPECIALLY because you ride 2 up, you should be a lil pickier about who you ride with.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 01:34 PM
It's all about the cool factor. If the group ain't cool ---- it's a factor.

Yellow Bullet
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 01:45 PM
We just had a good ride up to trail ridge. It was my first with a group, but not the first time up that canyon. Althought there was others that have never been in a group ride. There was one person that hadn't been up the canyon yet. Personaly I felt that every one was very respectable and understading at everyones different abilitys.

I have yet to incounter this action by people. Maybe its the air up north...

mtnairlover
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 01:49 PM
... Maybe its the air up north...

Or...lack thereof...;)...weeeeee:lol:

Yellow Bullet
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 01:50 PM
I've seen that people are friendlier up north than they are in the metro area or SoCo.

mtnairlover
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 01:59 PM
Meh...that's just silly...we're all a buncho whack-jobs.;-p

Yellow Bullet
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 02:00 PM
Well you are, thats for sure.

I'm easy.:hump: I'll ride with anyone.....

Unless your a Squid.

jimwallace
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 04:46 PM
my thoughts are this... i have to ride at least an hour to get to anyone else in this club.. i have gone on one ride with the members of this club and i really enjoyed it. now it is hard to go on a ride with people you dont get along with, but when your meeting a group of people what is the likely hood that you will not get along with anyone? as for riding, i always thought of myself as a novice more or less. i am on my 6th bike.. i bought my first one and rode it home having never ridden a bike before in my life. when i went on the ride i expected everyone to leave me grinding to keep up when in fact i found myself out in front. my point is that even though i was out front i would slow down and wait up for the other riders , and as a matter of fact there were a few others who were really new one of them being clovis and everyone ( not just myself) would wait up and keep an eye out on the others behind so that we didnt leave them too far behind. and they went at a pace they were comfortable with. i guess my biggest point is you never know the group because they are always changing ....the people and their skills, and no one makes someone ride beyond their abilities but the person with their hand on the throttle. i always say to ride safely .... but i also refuse to ride like grandma....unless shes insane:eek:

jimwallace
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 04:49 PM
by the way mtnair i love tha avatar ... love the quote, i believe it to be absolute truth, why havent i heard of lawrence sterne?

tl1000riders
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 06:49 PM
I understand about being picky and getting to know people. I do ride 2up alot. I also think that the best way to decide who I want to ride with will be based on how they ride,not how they say they ride. Keep the shiney side up.:)

TomB
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 08:57 PM
Ive only rode with this club since about middle of june. I just started showing up ever sat. and sun. and joining in the ride. Unlike some peeps I dont care about the groups opionions, Ijust want to ride . Dont even remeber many names until I ride with you a few times. If you ride like crap Im just going to ride in front of you. If Im in a new group ,just get behind lead guy and run with it. Thats how I meet that mad man terra,Didnt Know any of them. Rode with him in a couple differant groups and it was great meet all kinds of riders (pilot,denverbusa diago martin etc.) Once you show them you can ride your in. Riding fast taking chances helps, Knowing what your doing ,better. Phrase of the day '' Look Mom NO Brains''

mtnairlover
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 09:09 PM
by the way mtnair i love tha avatar ... love the quote, i believe it to be absolute truth, why havent i heard of lawrence sterne?

I don't know why you haven't heard of Laurence Sterne...heck, I hadn't heard of the guy until you asked...nah, kidding...sorta. Actually, I found that quote a while back when I was reading a travel website and just went, "Yeah!" when I read the quote...so I decided to use it, cuz it describes my outlook.

I had no clue who the guy was until I searched just now and this is what I found out...it seems he may have led a less than exciting life back in the 1700's, but he was a good writer and "established travel writing as the dominant genre of the second half of the 18th century. Unlike prior travel accounts which stressed classical learning and objective non-personal points of view, A Sentimental Journey Through France and Italy emphasized the subjective discussions of personal taste and sentiments, of manners and morals over classical learning. Throughout the 1770's women travel writers began publishing significant numbers of sentimental travel accounts. Sentiment also became a favorite style among those expressing non-mainstream views including political radicalism." ~ from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Sentimental_Journey_Through_France_and_Italy

Reading that made me think, "Wow, I do that." When I write about where I've gone with my bike and the people I've ridden with, that's how I write. Some of my friends can't stand having to read all my crap, cuz I do seem to go on and on;), but I don't write for them, I write for me...and it's interesting to me. If someone else likes it, then bonus:)

I don't mind riding with new peeps either. I'll ride with all levels of riders as well, cuz it's fun and people in general are interesting to me.

Oh, glad you like the avatar, and thanks:)