PDA

View Full Version : 2008 ZX10R: Hopefully not fake?

green_zx7r
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 02:03 PM
If this is a real pic, THANK FUCKING GOD they listened to reason and ditched the ugly ass 'last minute' undertail pipes!

Konichd, THIS, I like very much. We'll see if this is real or a photochop...

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 02:25 PM
humina, humina...uh...:drool:

Slo
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Oh damn, that is nice!!!! I hope I hope I hope!!!!

Just kind of strange that they would revert to a 6r style ram air intake system vs the bigger one they have on there right now?

Keepitgreen
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Not a bad looking scooter..

Bueller
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I don't ever get into the sexy/fugly shit cause they all look pretty nice to me, but this one time I gotta say........not very attractive.

Maybe it's the green.

Shea
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 04:32 PM
I'm with you Bueller. Just something about it says puke to me.... :)

Keepitgreen
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I'm with you Bueller. Just something about it says puke to me.... :)

PUKE!!!!
MISTER... THEM THERE IS FIGHTIN' WORDS...

I'll put this down as shock, but only once can I put this down as shock. After that it's all bidnez..

Now why the harsh words for the Kawi?

I`m Batman
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 05:53 PM
looks fotochopped to me. the ram air looks like it was copied from a 600rr.

Terra
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 05:58 PM
THANK FUCKING GOD they listened to reason and ditched the ugly ass 'last minute' undertail pipes!I also have mixed feelings on the undertail exhaust, but being a racer it is nice when the cans are safely tucked away under the seat and survive a crash... Exhaust systems are very expensive, and it does give piece of mind when all you have to replace is a frame slider, handlebar, lever, and possibly a footpeg from a fairly nice low side crash as I found out at VIR (R2SL)... Oh yeah, don't forget the cost of Gorilla Tape to mend the broken fairings... ;)

I will reserve judgment on the potential new exhaust when I see if it will become collateral damage in a racing crash... Stocking the above replacement parts is not so bad, but having a replacement exhaust (nor a friggin fuel pump) on tap is not so cost effective...

Can't wait to see how ominous they look in shiny clear coat black, though I will admit that the teardrop lenses sorta look like Johnny 5 trying to imitate Groucho Marks...

http://www.virginvinyl.net/4F/smiley_in_eye.jpg

--
Terra

eklew
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Well Terra, if ya lowside on the left side, all is good!!!

konichd
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:27 PM
If this indeed is the '08, THIS WILL BE IN MY GARAGE IN FEBUARY. You all are more than welcome to come over and drool over it. It looks like a ZX6R on steroids!

Anyone in the market for a tricked out 06? :dunno:

Devaclis
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:31 PM
It has to be fake. It does not have the kickstand down and it has not tipped over. I call CHOP!!

64BonnieLass
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:33 PM
It is pretty nice looking. Except the fact that aliens :puke:all over it. :alien:

But if you buy it DK, I would still sit on it and dream that it were really pretty much any other color. :)

konichd
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Hater! :) Perhaps you took the kickstand for the Hawk since you like Kawi parts so much? :dunno:

konichd
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
It is pretty nice looking. Except the fact that aliens :puke:all over it. :alien:

But if you buy it DK, I would still sit on it and dream that it were really pretty much any other color. :)

I will get a blue one to match the 636. Then I will put a ZX-10R sticker on my face so you have a place to sit! :)

64BonnieLass
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I will get a blue one to match the 636. Then I will put a ZX-10R sticker on my face so you have a place to sit! :)

:lol: Oh you are a "dreamer" aren't ya? Keep up the good work.

konichd
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Everyone wave goodbye to "Ebony!" :hibye:

Devaclis
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I will buy Ebony off you for the right price

konichd
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Shortcake said down at Wahoo's Friday you said the same thing about the 636? :lol:

Plus Ebony doesn't like Honda whores :)

Slo
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I would like to get it and replace the zx10r stickers with zx6r stickers!!!!

konichd
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Are you feeling OK J? ;)

mclarke
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 01:58 PM
you would know what was said at wahoo's if you CAME DOWN!

Slo
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Are you feeling OK J? ;)

:drink:

Oh yeah, I still have your fuel cap thingymajig in my car, when you wanna meet up? I can meet up on Wednesday late afternoon or over a weekend.....

Devaclis
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:12 PM
^ WERD Matt, WERD

BoulderNinja
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:15 PM

So much for bleeding green...............where's the love you talk so much about DK? where's the love? :cry:

konichd
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Fleet, I will get a green one just for you, afterall, that is the color of envy now isn't it? I'm glad to see YUSUKE come around, I was talkin' a lot of shit for the past 3 weeks when I didn't think he had the love. He has done nothing but totally redeem himself! Welcome back Yusuke....welcome the fuck back! :)

Jay, I'll get the cap from you some weekend. We'll cross paths again soon I'm sure.

Matt, I prefer my bikes not to look like utter shit. So I do this thing called "taking care of what I have" perhaps you should try to employ the same technique on the R6? :lol:

Dana, talk to me when the Hawk actually runs. I will dig in my spare parts bin to see what Kawi parts can rectify this problem. I will see you at The Toad on Friday to discuss. :)

Devaclis
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Oh, I rode the Hawk to work today Mr.!!! It stopped running because I was riding it in weather that was not: Blue sky, 80 degrees, no humidity, perfect asphalt. And the 18 year old fuel pump decided it was a bilge pump instead :)

BTW: Seen any Kawi's lately with over 100k miles on them? ;)

I will let you buy me a beer Friday to make up for your insolence!

konichd
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:31 PM
:( Yes sir......

BoulderNinja
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:36 PM
:( Yes sir......

Defeat isn't a good color for you DK. Hold your head up high as you are the proud parent of a well oiled racing machine designed for glory. Hondas are great for reliability. Everyone knows that. Kawasaki's are great for being the best bike ever built. Don't forget that.

Devaclis
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah, even Kawi can be really good at something. someone has to be the best at being last.

konichd
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Fleet, if I was a girl my panties would be on the floor!

You just know what to say don't you?

BTW Dana, its not hard to make a motor that only produces 38HP last 100K. My Kawi being 184 HP+ wasn't made for longevity, it was made for kickin' ass. :)

Devaclis
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:41 PM
39 HP son!!! Get it right!

konichd
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:43 PM
I will pull 3 of the 4 spark plugs on the Kawi and ride down to the toad. Afterall, that will give me 46 HP and be more within' your range :)

Kawi's kick ass! Come on '08!

BoulderNinja
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Need I say more???

See below

BoulderNinja
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Please note:

DK-please post appropriate Kawasaki motivational poster.

Thank You.

The Management

konichd
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Oh Snap!

salsashark
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM
hehe... you jacked my desktop!

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 08:42 AM
I like the 600RR/RC-51 intake :drool:

tarded400
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I'm likin the side fairings... looks like a shark. I'd buy one. I don't like that underseat exhaust either. For the cost of an underseat exhaust, you can almost buy 2 regular systems from the little research I've done... But hey, if you needed your lunch heated up, underseat is the way to go. Wonder if they'll use double cans like the 07 gsxr?

green_zx7r
Tue Sep 11th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Looks like this is the official 10R pic.

What's up with this? The blade is ugly, and now the 10R has a trumpet as the exhaust? Oh well, at least they didn't go undertail...

I guess overall looks remains to be seen, but again, I'm finding myself digging the photochop better than the real thing...

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Sep/e/n070911e.htm

salsashark
Wed Sep 12th, 2007, 07:27 AM
An open letter to the fine people at Kawasaki:

Please, for the love of all thing holy, take your pipe engineers out in the back and beat them with their own monstrosities!

Thank you...

Holy crap, can Kawi please make some normal looking pipes!

Devaclis
Wed Sep 12th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Well, the ugly pipe makes the bike look a little better. Take off the pipe and the ugly would be glaring.

green_zx7r
Wed Sep 12th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Well, the ugly pipe makes the bike look a little better. Take off the pipe and the ugly would be glaring.

:lol:

That's hilarious!!! A little distraction tactic eh?