PDA

View Full Version : "The Track at Centennial"

Badhabit
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 04:13 PM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q158/badhabit229/TrackAerial.jpg

http://www.thetrack.us/Pages/Welcome.html

I've been out here a few times for karting and I've spoken to the owner about running tards on the track and he hasn't been too receptive (nice guy though). He thinks the track is too small, but I think it would be great.

Has anyone else been out there and mentioned running sumo? Perhaps we could arrange a sumo demo with some of our better riders...ahem Bueller, Filo, Krod? To show it can be done.

The track is located right next to the Centennial Airport and would be convenient enough to a lot of us to run "happy hour" during the week.

I think if we coordinated as a group we could gain access to this great local facility.

krod
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Can't bike is broke:scream1: I e-mailed him a few months back with no reply....I don't think he wants bikes out there.

Badhabit
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I get the impression that he just doesn't know much about bikes and envisions a bunch of sportbikes screaming around in 1st gear.

I'm sure he is also concerned about disturbing the family friendly atmosphere they have going.

I'd be willing to go down there with a few guys to try to negotiate a "sumo only" exemption to his no bike rule if there is enough interest.

Bueller
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 04:58 PM
He races karts at IMI also so I think he knows what the bikes are like. I also sent them a nice little e-mail with no reply. I have heard he told RMS that his insurance wouldn't cover the bikes.
If we can get him to let us run I am all for it.
I told him in my email that the bikes could have full "catch" systems along with Hand guard/axle/peg sliders to help prevent any track damage in case of crash.

Badhabit
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I don't know enough about that type of insurance to know if that will be an easy issue to overcome.

I'll send him an email on Monday asking him what his specific concerns are and what it would take on our end to make this happen.

In the end, if he just doesn't want the bikes there there isn't much we can do.

I would kill for a track 15min from the house!

Bueller
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Yea it's about 6-7 min. from my house, I buzz that area sometimes for some one wheeled practice and look in at that track and :drool:

eklew
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 09:46 PM
I'm down like Charlie Brown!!!!! Just let me know when to show up mang.

Badhabit
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Sent via email today at 10:30am...

Hello Jim,

I am writing on behalf of myself and a number of supermoto riders who are members of the Colorado Sportbike Club. It is my understanding that individual riders and Rocky Mountain Supermoto have contacted you previously to discuss the use of your track and that for various reasons including insurance and the size of the track motorcycle use has been denied.

You have a great facility, and a number of us have run the track in karts only to wish that we could run our supermotos on such a technical track. It is our desire to identify your individual concerns about the use of your track by supermoto riders (not sportbikes) and to attempt to address those concerns through whatever means necessary. We would be willing to sign the appropriate waiver forms, prep our bikes to prevent damage to and fluid spillage on your track, agree to wear full safety gear at all times, and work with you to be sure that our use of the track does not interfere with the karts or the family atmosphere you currently enjoy. I'm sure that reasonable membership fees would be something we could agree to as well.

IMI has become a free-for-all with the lax rules, overcrowding, and the huge variety of vehicles utilizing the facility. We would be very much in favor of the implementation of policies intended to prevent this situation from occurring at your facility.

Would you be willing to meet with members of our group to discuss what would hopefully be a mutually beneficial relationship? Would you be open to allowing a couple of our best riders to demonstrate how well our type of motorcycles can navigate your track?

I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Respectfully Submitted,

James Nations
Associate
Sidney & Stephens
720-377-8800 x110
jnations@sidneystephens.com

cc: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15800 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15800)

tarded400
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 11:57 AM
He probably doesn't want the track to end up like IMI... with either the bikes or karts complaining about not enough track time. Either that or he hates bikes.

Bueller
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Hope this pans out.

krod
Sun Sep 9th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Any reply yet?

Badhabit
Sun Sep 9th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Not a peep. I'd say that qualifies as a "fuck off".:jerkoff:

crunch
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Went out there yesterday on the DRZ (E not SM (yet)), just for a look around. Looks like a great little track, but I think it might take a little work. The arch with the lights on the front straight looks low enough to closeline a tard rider. I wanted to go stand by it to get a better idea, but some kid was out there railin' his kart around. Looks like fun.

jsears1864
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 02:57 AM
Looks to me like he's doing the old no-reply, don't have to say no deal. I'm just sad that it has come down to begging a go-kart track in centennial for tarmac time. There is a go kart track in boulder at gateway park that might be down.... Just kidding. I can't wait for highplains and that other place to open.

pilot
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 09:29 AM
I've know Jim for a few years now through some charitable groups. He and I have had an open discussion bikes at Centennial. He is strongly set in his position that he does not want them on his track. Jim has spent quite a bit of personal money to build this system specifically for carts. Last year he hosted one of the national events and it was quite a success for him. The underlying fevor from the cart groups is that they really don't want to mix with the bikes on a track. When it comes to the track the major concern is the damage that crashed bikes do to the track. Jim is doing well with his goal being corporate rentals.

Sure, this news sucks. I'd like to ride my bike out there, too. But, please try and respect the guy for his personal efforts and the success he has had in bringing another form of racing to Denver. And, yes, I agree, it would have been nice if he had written you back personally.

Bueller
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 09:36 AM
We were contacting him to run Supermoto bikes only, excluding street bikes.
With a stipulation of full catch systems and Axle/Peg/handlebar sliders. The Sumo bikes are less likely to crash and this protection would likely prevent surface damage.
Many kart tracks across the country do this, IMI is an oddity in allowing crotch rockets.

pilot
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 09:55 AM
I did read that in an earlier post. I should have mentioned that he wants to keep the track to carts only. And specifically to corporate rentals. I'll step to the side on this one as you all are making it a serious go to get the sumos out there. Good luck.

Bueller
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Nope we are done with him, he won't even respond to say no thanks so screw him and his track.

pilot
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 10:37 AM
A cordial reply would have been: Thanks, we'll continue to do our best and see how it goes.

Jim is under no obligation to do anything for anyone that he doesn't want to. You "the group of SM riders" want something from him. Not the other way 'round. Namely, his track to ride on. I suppose if you could front the money, enough of it, to get use of the track, then this wouldn't be an issue. But, it appears, by your own words of "screw him" that it is time to take your toys and leave the sandbox. Perhaps you might want to strike that comment before it works it's way around and he has an even stronger opinion of allowing anything other than carts on his track. That being said, I'll delete mine then, too.

Bueller
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 10:53 AM
Every one has been polite and professional when attempting to contact him about this. He hasn't had the decency to reply to a single person. Undoubtedly, even if he were to allow us to ride there, a dirt section would be unrealistic, therefore not making it a viable race venue. And if you think I care if that comment gets back to him you are mistaken, in fact I toned it down if you get my drift. I represent no one but myself.
Yes it is his track and he is in business, we are offering to pay him $ to ride the track, he doesn't want anything to do with it.
I'll take my toys and go to a sandbox where they want our business and offer no apology for my opinion of his business dealings.

Badhabit
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 11:03 AM
We did approach him in a very respectful manner with a business proposition and he couldn't spare a minute to reply with a simple "no thanks".

So, Bueller is right, we're done with trying to work anything out with Centennial. And speaking only for myself, he no longer has my cart business either.

Pilot, I agree that Jim is welcome to do whatever he likes with his track, especially if that involves shoving it up his ass.:321:

pilot
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 11:10 AM
Every one has been polite and professional when attempting to contact him about this. He hasn't had the decency to reply to a single person. Undoubtedly, even if he were to allow us to ride there, a dirt section would be unrealistic, therefore not making it a viable race venue. And if you think I care if that comment gets back to him you are mistaken, in fact I toned it down if you get my drift. I represent no one but myself.
Yes it is his track and he is in business, we are offering to pay him $ to ride the track, he doesn't want anything to do with it.
I'll take my toys and go to a sandbox where they want our business and offer no apology for my opinion of his business dealings.Obviously he and his business model has been a total failure. It must have been caused by his poor communication skills. Dave, you and your opinions represent a lot more than yourself and you know that. Saying you represent only yourself when you are a beacon for the sport of riding is like a notable surgeon saying that there is no need to scrub under the nails before surgery--but he only represents himself. You're a brainiac Dave, and a good rider. I'm just saying that your comment did nothing to further the efforts of your (or their) cause. Done.

pilot
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 11:15 AM
We did approach him in a very respectful manner with a business proposition and he couldn't spare a minute to reply with a simple "no thanks".

So, Bueller is right, we're done with trying to work anything out with Centennial. And speaking only for myself, he no longer has my cart business either.

Pilot, I agree that Jim is welcome to do whatever he likes with his track, especially if that involves shoving it up his ass.:321:Strength through the internet. Do you get this pissy so easily all the time or is it just the holidays? You guys can jump up and down and flip off whomever you like but that doesn't change the fact that Jim built that track from an idea and he's out there on a daily basis working it to keep it up to his standards.

Why do people have to get so nasty when things don't go there way? Try going to a bank and getting the money to build a track the way you like it and then you can open it up to everyone you want.

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 11:20 AM
Why do people have to get so nasty when things don't go there way? I would say it has more to do with Jim not answering anyone. I guess it shows what he's about.

I get requests all day long for things I don't do or want to do. I always, respectfully, answer these requests. Otherwise, people think you didn't get their message and they'll keep trying to contact you.

What an ass he must be for not taking a single second to say, as it's already been stated, "no thanks"!!

~Barn~
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 11:28 AM
He can't even write back with a brief, "Thank you for your time, but it is something I do not wish to pursue."
:wtf:

What kind of amateur "business man" is this dude?

Bueller
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 11:34 AM
Dude, no one posted this up as a bitch. The thread was resurrected, and the current state of affairs was laid out. We gave up on this a while back, and at no point did anyone send him a negative communication. Everyone is aware he can do what he wills with his track and it is not a huge loss to us. We offered an additional source of business and through his lack of response we took it as a no. Case closed. And this would have ended at post 14 except for you jumping in defending his actions. I don't know the guy and expect anything special from him, it was a proposal for a mutually beneficial relationship. And we don't "need" him, we have gotten along all this time without, so it is not like we are losing a track.

pilot
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 11:36 AM
The kind of amateur that invested over a million in the track.

Maybe he needs to spend less time at his job and more time on the internet.

Guys, we can go back and forth all day like this. I remember sending him an email once too. No answer. Oh well. Then, each time I go out there if he's not in the middle of something he's very easy to get along with.

pilot
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 11:37 AM
Dude, no one posted this up as a bitch. The thread was resurrected, and the current state of affairs was laid out. We gave up on this a while back, and at no point did anyone send him a negative communication. Everyone is aware he can do what he wills with his track and it is not a huge loss to us. We offered an additional source of business and through his lack of response we took it as a no. Case closed. And this would have ended at post 14 except for you jumping in defending his actions. I don't know the guy and expect anything special from him, it was a proposal for a mutually beneficial relationship. And we don't "need" him, we have gotten along all this time without, so it is not like we are losing a track."Dude". Haha.

Bueller
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 11:40 AM
I only call my closest friends "Bitch".....sorry

pilot
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 11:49 AM
"Doesn't float! Must be a witch! Burn the witch!"

~Barn~
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 11:56 AM
The kind of amateur that invested over a million in the track.

Maybe he needs to spend less time at his job and more time on the internet.

Guys, we can go back and forth all day like this. I remember sending him an email once too. No answer. Oh well. Then, each time I go out there if he's not in the middle of something he's very easy to get along with.

Spending money (or having it to spend for that matter), is hardly indicative of having any great knowledge of people skills. So fine… we concede the fact that he’s made his own investments into the track, and he’s entitled to do whatever he pleases. Fair enough.

But to not have the general respect… No-no-no… the FUNDAMENTAL courtesy, to offer a quick response to those customers who have made his venture a success, hints of something either very negligent on his part, or very naïve; one of the two. Nobody here knows of course, since nobody other than him, can speak to his motives.

Regardless though, it doesn’t take an etiquette expert to see that his continued “non-replies”, are seriously damaging to his reputation as somebody who is supposed to be taken seriously.

So defend him all you’d like Pilot. And continue to cleverly remark about his investments, the way he conducts his business, and even the off-handed notions about spending more time on the internet. But understand that coming from somebody who once asked for themselves to be put on self-ban, because you caught some flack about how in-love you once were with your car, only adds to the comical nature of how your friend conducts himself.

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 12:00 PM
Regardless though, it doesn’t take a etiquette expert to see that his continued “non-replies”, are seriously damaging to his reputation as somebody who is supposed to be taken seriously.That should be, "an etiquette"...

~Barn~
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 12:01 PM
That should be, "an etiquette"...

This is true. :D

Fixed.

Bueller
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 12:03 PM
That should be, "an etiquette"...
Someone is veeeery bored:)

~Barn~
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 12:13 PM
:lol:
Yeah, but at least we found something for Dean to do!

But seriously though Pilot. (What is your real name, by the way...?), I don't mean to be a dick about it, and be all toe-to-toe smartalec, but come on... Let's be realistic and practical for a moment.

As somebody who I give credit to, for being at least reasonably bright, don't you figure it might be somewhat prudent to stop defending him so fervently, and take a step back and say... "Hey... maybe they're right. Maybe he probably could/should have taken a minute or 10 out of his day, and responded back to these people who are trying to correspond with him, cordially enough."

I mean this is personality 101 Pilot. (What is your real name, by the way...?)

pilot
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 12:13 PM
Spending money (or having it to spend for that matter), is hardly indicative of having any great knowledge of people skills. So fine… we concede the fact that he’s made his own investments into the track, and he’s entitled to do whatever he pleases. Fair enough.

But to not have the general respect… No-no-no… the FUNDAMENTAL courtesy, to offer a quick response to those customers who have made his venture a success, hints of something either very negligent on his part, or very naïve; one of the two. Nobody here knows of course, since nobody other than him, can speak to his motives.

Regardless though, it doesn’t take an etiquette expert to see that his continued “non-replies”, are seriously damaging to his reputation as somebody who is supposed to be taken seriously.

So defend him all you’d like Pilot. And continue to cleverly remark about his investments, the way he conducts his business, and even the off-handed notions about spending more time on the internet. But understand that coming from somebody who once asked for themselves to be put on self-ban, because you caught some flack about how in-love you once were with your car, only adds to the comical nature of how your friend conducts himself.See how easy it is to "change the subject". The self-ban didn't have much to do with the car. But, if you want to drag up the past, I'm sure we can have some fun with that. I'd prefer not to go there. Besides, I move quickly from the net to face to face discussions about certain issues. I find it better to look someone in the eye.

~Barn~
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 12:22 PM
I'd prefer not to go there.
Trust me, I know this. :lol:

See how easy it is to "change the subject". The self-ban didn't have much to do with the car. But, if you want to drag up the past, I'm sure we can have some fun with that. I'd prefer not to go there. Besides, I move quickly from the net to face to face discussions about certain issues. I find it better to look someone in the eye.

And I didn't mean to change the subject so much as I meant to take your little "spend more time on the internet" quip, and flip it back on you. Granted, I don't know your friend from Adam, but from what people are saying of him and how he communicates (in a professional arena), I still think he sounds like somebody acting sophomoric at best. I don't take that back. [calling him an amateur].

pilot
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 12:30 PM
Yes, it would be nice if he responded to the previous email. As I said, he didn't respond to mine either and I asked him about that. I think he mumbled something about problems with his email. Who knows about that. All I can say is that he is available for personal discussions at his place. Been there, done that.

rforsythe
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 03:22 PM
Dave ... you are a beacon

That's a new one!

Bueller
Fri Dec 21st, 2007, 03:27 PM
That's a new one!
You just have to keep stirring don'tcha?

It could happen:siesta: