PDA

View Full Version : CSC meets KCSB

GO!!!!!!!46
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 06:25 PM
ADMIN EDIT: This will take place at the Hastings R2SL event, July 10th/11th!

I got the blessing from the Admins of KCSB. They said KCSB is willing to back the planning of an event where the two boards meet and have a good time. So talk to me ladies and gentlemen... where would you like to do this thing and when? Here's what I'm thinking. We contact a track that's some where in between our locations. We see if they'll allow us to rent out the track for a weekend allowing track riding (obviously), stunting, and mini moto racing. Who's going to step up to the plate on this one with me and make this work? This will be a kick ass event you won't want to miss. I do know this for sure. It's gonna cost you something, it isn't going to be a free event.

rforsythe
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Like I said - hang out for a bit. I am one of 3 that run Racing 2 Save Lives, we do track days for charity. Lemme see if we can't do a little somethin with R2SL and turn this thing into a nice benefit for kids in need. I will post back in a few days since I can't really do much with it until Wednesday.

However ... I think we can get a day at Hastings. Kick ass new track, and probably relatively equidistant for most of us.

Vance
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Maybe the KCSB can help out a cause by helping promote and purchase the calendar when it comes out soon! :)

Yes... shameless opportunity for pre-production hype. You call it shameless. I call it viral marketing / post-whoring!

rforsythe
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 08:34 PM
By the way, thanks for heading it up on the KCSB end! :up:

GO!!!!!!!46
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 08:52 PM
By the way, thanks for heading it up on the KCSB end! :up:
No problem. KCSB would be more than happy to ride for a cause. We're all about doing something good to help people. (when we're not stealing logo's and such LOL) In fact a couple other people were mentioning doing something for kids before. So that just makes it all the better. Let's really take a look in to next season though. I think trying to do it this season will be a crunch.

dirkterrell
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 09:05 PM
I like the way this CSC<->KCSB encounter has taken a big turn for the positive. :up:

Dirk

64BonnieLass
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 09:50 PM
I like the way this CSC<->KCSB encounter has taken a big turn for the positive. :up:

Dirk

+1. I think it was an absolutely hysterical/fun day with the "turf war". I wasn't on most of the day due to "trying" to work. But what fun. I agree that most were playful and light hearted about the whole thing. Pretty cool actually, that what started as one thing turned into a group of a possible larger family then what we already have in CSC.

You guys rock in KS. And you have some really fun, witty, and great people on your site. Nice to meet some stellar people in the interstate forum war. :makeout:

Given Friday's (an ensueing (sp)) events. I am personally all for this. I will be the slow chick on any track, but I would totally make this event just for the fun of meeting our neighbors.

Pretty freeking great if you ask me!

P.S. Kansas, can you please email Ralph with a larger "smiley" database. :slappers:

Mother Goose
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 08:24 AM
See how I bring everyone together? :lol:

LadyT
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Great now his head is going to get bigger :lol:

See how I bring everyone together? :lol:

AshliRider44
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Can fat girls come? :(

rforsythe
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:07 AM

Yes, but they have to pay double. :D

...j/k

dirkterrell

You want to bring a friend or something??? http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

LadyT
If so you are going to need to eat a lot more sweetie!!! :)

dallas
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:10 AM

If they can do it before I do...........

Oh you mean show up? I don't see anything wrong with it...........

AshliRider44
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:16 AM
You want to bring a friend or something??? http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

:lol: nope, just myself :)

I love you Tamira :D

AshliRider44
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:16 AM
If they can do it before I do...........

Oh you mean show up? I don't see anything wrong with it...........

Aww that was mean. LOL

dallas
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Aww that was mean. LOL

Why is that mean? I said they can show up............

AshliRider44
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Why is that mean? I said they can show up............

:lol: Oh ok.

dallas
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:21 AM
:lol: Oh ok.

I just can't make any promises on the other statement I made...........

puckstr
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:24 AM
sounds great...mini moto would be sweet.
So glad it did not escalate to something ugly like this...
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cast/MadMax/Bikers/ChevyChase.JPG

LadyT
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I wuv you too :)

:lol: nope, just myself :)

I love you Tamira :D

ghostrider_9
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:47 AM
That sounds like fun! I'd love to go out and take pics and ride . . .

rforsythe
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Zak (KCSB Admin) wanted me to let everyone know that you have all been un-banned, it was just a temporary thing since a few people were getting out of hand.

Sortarican
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Border War Track Day sounds like a kick in the ass.:headbang:

Maybe get a cheesey trophy with the winning club retaining it till the next year?

Gotta put together some good competitions:
Fastest Five on Five.
Slow Speed Course.
A game of Stunta Horse.
2 Up Male/Female Obtacle Course.
(And of course the obligatory wet tee shirt contest to settle the argument about who's club has the hottest ladies.)

Hell, if Nebraska has a sportbike club invite them too.

Snowman
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Hell, if Nebraska has a sportbike club invite them too.
I’m not sure I want to see a bunch of sheep in wet tee shirts.

Sortarican
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I’m not sure I want to see a bunch of sheep in wet tee shirts.

You gotta let them bring their girls:

ghostrider_9
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 01:53 PM
You gotta let them bring their girls:

And neither one of them are wearing their gear!

GO!!!!!!!46
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 01:33 PM
So it's looking like KCSB is down for Hastings. We've got several people ready to help plan and organize things on our end. One guy mentioned a group hotel rate... Since I've never been to Hastings what in that area as far as hotels? Also it's not a dry county is it? (Asking because some of us like to throw down)

Sortarican
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 01:40 PM
...Also it's not a dry county is it? (Asking because some of us like to throw down)

It's wet everywhere outside of a couple Indian Rez's as far as I've seen.

They tried outlawing alcohol in NE once but realized that for 10 month outta the year there's nothing to do but drink.
(Think the suicide rate skyrocketed.)

LadyT
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 02:22 PM
oooohhh I feel a party coming on :)

~Barn~
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 02:26 PM
This is going to be the best interstate trackday ever.
:guinness:

Sortarican
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 02:34 PM
And hey, my banned boy Brizz can attend with the KS team and the mods can't stop it.

Can I still go Pedrosa on him....or does he have to be on the same team?
(Oh well, I'll just have to go De Puneit on him then.)

ghostrider_9
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 03:10 PM
And hey, my banned boy Brizz can attend with the KS team and the mods can't stop it.

Can I still go Pedrosa on him....or does he have to be on the same team?
(Oh well, I'll just have to go De Puneit on him then.)

Nice . . .

AshliRider44
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 08:48 AM
No, its not a dry county and hasn't been for the last two years since we started going there. The track is bad ass and the people who run it are even better. George is the man! :headbang: Be sure to check out the Barrel Bar while youre there, its right down the road from the track and has the best steaks ever! Filet Mingnon for 11 bucks with all the fixens :drool:

rforsythe
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Alright guys, good news! Thanks in no small part to the enthusiasm shared from both CSC and KCSB, it looks like Racing 2 Save Lives will be putting on an event at Hastings in 2008, which means that not only will we get to hang out together at an awesome track, but the money we spend to do it will be given to children's charities!

I will be getting the date set up through R2SL, and will be pulling from both groups to help get the ton of work done that is required to pull off an event like this. Rather than just have people going off and doing random things (even though it's well-meaning), we need to have a little coordination. So we'll go about it this way - I know a lot of people have expressed interest in helping out in a lot of different ways.

*If you want to help make this happen by way of volunteering your time, please email volunteers@racing2savelives.org so I can keep track of who's helping and what everyone is doing.* Include your full name, where you live, and a good email address and phone number to reach you at.

We will need people to do everything from securing group rates at local hotels and maybe restaurants, to corner working at the event, getting schwag for giveaways, helping publicize, finding track vendors, etc. Please don't just start doing stuff on your own, email that address first (which I will answer) and let me know if you have a preference on what you help with or if you have a special skill we can use. Trust me, there is plenty of work to go around, and it will require the dedication of both CSC and KCSB to pull this off. Racing 2 Save Lives will host the event but we can only do what we do with the help of volunteers.

If there are any questions please let me know, otherwise I look forward to receiving your emails and making this thing happen! I'll also be updating with more information as I have it.

Slo
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 02:26 PM
e-mail sent from slo1299@yahoo.com

Devaclis
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Don't do it!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/its_a_tarp.gif

rforsythe
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 02:48 PM
e-mail sent from slo1299@yahoo.com

Resend it... If you just clicked the link then the original link was wrong (fixed now). Stupid vBulletin...

konichd
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 02:54 PM
This would be pretty sweet! PPIR, Miller, VIR, and now Hastings, I'd definately make it out for this. Hopefully the paving can handle all the Kawi power :)

Sully
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I can probably help Ralph.. PM sent.

konichd
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I probably can't help Ralph..no PM sent :)

Slo
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 03:05 PM
damn, i have tried 3 times now, none are going through.... I tried clicking on the link and also by typing the address. :( My first one i sent, was never returned though.

rforsythe
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I got yours now. :)

Sully
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 09:42 AM
pm sent twice.. and returned :(

~Barn~
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 09:54 AM
:lol: This is off to a good start.

Send emails to me. I'll print them, and then mail them to Ralph.

rforsythe
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 10:00 AM
I got your email Sully. However if you'd like to print in triplicate and have Barn mail it over just to be safe, go for it. :lol:

Slo
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 10:10 AM
You can modify mine to whatever is needed as long as it doesn't have anything to do with thongs..... with exception if it has anything to do with any females wearing them :)

Sully
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 10:12 AM
Splendid.. then we can have Barn's DNA for the CSI on going investigations ! :D

Anyway Ralph.. I can work registration again if that's acceptable.. :)

1ofTheBoys
Tue Sep 4th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Ralph, you know Bob and I will help wherever we can.

thaitanic
Sat Sep 15th, 2007, 04:19 PM
what is KCSB?

1ofTheBoys
Sat Sep 15th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Kansas City Sportbike.
http://kcsbforums.com/

thaitanic
Sat Sep 15th, 2007, 08:34 PM
thanks 1OTB :)

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:01 PM
Nice what month will this most likley happen june july probly? Miller is the first week in may right?

rforsythe
Sat Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Looking like early July, nothing is concrete yet though.

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks

GO!!!!!!!46
Fri Nov 23rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
Looking like early July, nothing is concrete yet though.

Any word on what it's gonna cost to ride the track yet?

GO!!!!!!!46
Fri Nov 23rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Kansas City Sportbike.
http://kcsbforums.com/

You're better off going to

www.kcsportbike.com (http://www.kcsportbike.com)

rforsythe
Fri Nov 23rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
Any word on what it's gonna cost to ride the track yet?

Not yet... But it will happen. :)

rforsythe
Fri Dec 28th, 2007, 06:27 PM
In case you didn't see the news, R2SL has announced the 2008 event dates! This means the CSC-KSCB get together will be taking place July 10th/11th at the Hastings track!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18819

Dietrich_R1
Thu Feb 7th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Why don't you contact Jason Britton who has a show on Speed TV. Like you don't know, he travels the country riding sportbikes! Maybe he'ld like to do a show on the 2 clubs getting together?

Better yet, I think it would be EXCELLENT coverage just for R2SL?????

Devaclis
Thu Feb 7th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Jason Britton. He will be at Fay Myers later this year. Get it setup. Do it. Dooooo It!

http://www.jkemppainen.com/up/Owen%20Starsky%20&%20Hutch%20Signature%20Do%20It.jpg

Dietrich_R1
Thu Feb 7th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I would think that would be an A+ show for them.

There would be LOTS of activities to tape & discuss compared to a typical show.

Sortarican
Thu Feb 7th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Are they bringing BBQ.....KC BBQ ROCKS!

Kristian
Thu Feb 7th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Are they bringing BBQ.....KC BBQ ROCKS!

Gates BBQ "CAN I HELP YA?"

Sortarican
Thu Feb 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Gates BBQ "CAN I HELP YA?"

Spent some time there on work and gained 20 lbs in 10 days.:yumyum:
I really liked the smokehouse and a couple little joints that the desk clerk recommended (as long as it was during daylight hours....no whites after dark.)

Kristian
Thu Feb 7th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Fried chicken at Stroud's, steak just about anywhere especially the Hereford House and Plaza III.

honda919
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 03:18 PM
i just moved to wyoming from kansas city!! and i miss the bbq more than my family haha

swademaster
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 03:50 PM
To bad this won't be happening now that R2SL has been cancelled.

~Barn~
Fri Mar 7th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah, that sucks. They can still come out for the CSC Picnic though!

We'll have a softball game, and name tags, and all the girls can pretend to be all friendly with one another for a few hours, until the beers kick in!
:idea:

towneh
Sat Mar 8th, 2008, 10:08 AM
nutz!! all that drama we wasted before....

rforsythe
Mon Apr 14th, 2008, 10:22 AM
We'd still like to set up *something* for the two clubs to meet... If anyone has serious ideas please throw them out there. Just because the Hastings event fell through doesn't mean this can't happen some other way.

Bashed
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Is the track available the original weekend?
If yes why are we not still going?
Or is the track booked and why can't we
see if there is another date to meet there.
I know for sure of at least 10 people that
would show from this area alone for an event
@ Hasting's. I do not know the people out there
to contact. Help Ralph.

Just a thought.
Later Bash

rforsythe
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 11:36 AM
The weekend is an MRA event. We were trying to do a mini-R2SL there the two days before that. However the logistics just weren't working out for a charity event like we do. I'd imagine the days are still open, or worst case you could just show up for the MRA open practice. Or do it there some other time.

I'd caution against doing it right before the MRA weekend though, it's going to make for a lot of driving after what I'm planning on announcing later this afternoon with any luck. :)

Bashed
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I think I will just wait for some kind of announcement
before I make the plunge and commit.
I really do not like driving east that much Ralph.
Please keep that in mind.

peace Bash

Slo
Wed May 21st, 2008, 01:09 PM
No chances of it being held at Pueblo? Possibly combining it with one of our CSC days there?

rforsythe
Wed May 21st, 2008, 01:13 PM
It's a possibility as well, we just haven't explored that yet.