PDA

View Full Version : Rider down but ok????

onelocked
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I can't hold my tounge any longer on this issue!! How the hell do you know if the rider is ok? Do you have M.D. after your name??? I don't mean to be to harsh but this is a serious issue. How do you know the rider doesn't have a liver laceration, ruptured spleen, or perforated bowel? After skipping across the pavement at 40+ mph and staying concious you would say your ok too.
Many times these riders are hurt and don't know it until they are in very serious trouble because riding party said " wow I am glad your ok" and their adrenaline is at 100%. Then they show up at the E.R. the next day near death!
How do I know this ??? Because I am an E.R. nurse and I see it happen too many times!!!!!
If a rider goes down there are only 3 things to remember 911!!!
For the love of god hold them still and call for help no exceptions!!!!

Bueller
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 08:56 PM
People refuse treatment, then what? False imprisonment?

onelocked
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 08:57 PM
call 911 uniforms have a powerfull influence and if the rider is in shock yes they will take them anyway!

onelocked
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 08:59 PM
This is somebodies life we are dealing with don't we all deserve the most help we can get? I sure think so.

onelocked
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 09:01 PM
spend a day in the E.R with me and I will show you a rider who thought they were ok as I am starting an I.V. and preping them for emerg, surg.

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I for one am glad the guys in my group stuck around and watched me leave in the ambulance last Sunday. Yeah, I'm stubborn and wanted to sit up, but I didn't get to sit up until the guys checked me out and checked for what hurt. Then, it was my stubbornness again that got my helmet off. If it weren't for my hurt arm, I would have taken the darn thing off myself, but I needed help. They didn't even want me up and walking...again, my stubbornness.

Long story short...there was enough lapsed time and enough attention on the road that we were on, that an ambulance came by and assessed my injuries and off I went. Everything, and I mean everything was checked out before I was allowed to leave the ER in Granby.

I want guys like that to ride with every time I go out from now on...kudos to them...

daemon
banshee
dejavu
beobe
Oscar
shinysideup
budwsr
wartemand
yellow bullet
koloSboarder
TommyTheKid
rideco

...and I know I'm missing someone, sorry, but again...you guys are the best!

onelocked
Sun Aug 26th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Thats the kind of people we should all be riding with you were very fortunate to have them with you. I am glad you are ok.
Thanks for the good example!!!

I just don't want to see anymore needless injuries to our good people!!!!!