PDA

View Full Version : Husky 610 reviews??

RayCer
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Just curious if anyone here is ridden the new Husky 610? I have been going back and forth on buying a Sumo, and am trying to find the "right" bike. I really like the Aprillia's, but am very concerned on the reliability of those bikes. It seems like everyone is having issues. I plan on using the bike as a round town hooligan bike, hit some canyons, etc and want something reliable yet still fun. Any feedback is appreciated!

Bueller
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 05:31 PM
610's are a lot more street oriented and need to be de-restricted and jetting is troublesome, 510's are more race bred and haul ass prettymuch right off the floor.
Don't get an Aprilia unless you are ready to deal with the maintenance, very nice bike but no thanks, 4000mi. top end rebuild, drop engine just to adjust valves, all the quirks and problems that people are having. It is an exotic not a daily.
Husky dealer is in Grand Junction, that's ultimately why I didn't get one.
I got the KTM 525 exc "street legal" and then found some wheels for it for $600. Now I have a dirt bike and Sumo in one, and with the 6 speed gear box it will clutch up wheelies in 3rd and do 110mph and will cruise at 70 easily. I change oil every 500 and filters every 1k, 2500mi checked valves 2 times no adjust needed.
I really like the Huskies though.

Kristian
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Wasn't Husky just bought by BMW? Heard rumors of that, and a couple of BMW dealers would love to be able to sell to another market!

Badhabit
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Just went by the BMW dealer on Saturday and saw their new streetmoto. Definitely not a track or trail bike but very nicely done. The level of finish was superior to what I've seen in other streetmotos and it had a nice dash, better than average seat, and it had a hugger front fender rather than the dirt derived fenders that tend to blow all over the damn place on the freeway. Oh - and its heavy.

They'll do a demo on it too...

Bueller
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Wasn't Husky just bought by BMW? Heard rumors of that, and a couple of BMW dealers would love to be able to sell to another market!
http://194.244.5.187/_vti_g5_nwArt.aspx?idnews=542&rpstry=157_