PDA

View Full Version : RMS Rnd 8 - Grand Junction

Bueller
Mon Aug 27th, 2007, 09:07 PM
We race Sunday Sept. 2
Guess we won't have too many umbrella girls for this one :lol:

Any of you Sumo street/trackday turds ever gonna come out and race? If you come race sportsman you could win the championship in one race.

krod I got the room booked, so you better come up with a bike. I hear tell #22 will be there :dunno:

Filo
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 08:47 AM
We race Sunday Oct. 2
Guess we won't have too many umbrella girls for this one :lol:

Any of you Sumo street/trackday turds ever gonna come out and race? If you come race sportsman you could win the championship in one race.

krod I got the room booked, so you better come up with a bike. I hear tell #22 will be there :dunno:

That would be Sunday, September 2 - not October 2. I can make it in October. You kids have fun out there and win the novice class for me. Oh, and you can easily clear that double.

AshliRider44
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Sorry Bueller, we'd come if it wasn't in Junction ;)

tarded400
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 09:27 AM
That would be a blast to go... I'd ride the DRZ there, race, then ride it back home. Too bad I have no idea what these distanzias are going to be like at the track (I have a pretty good idea) and I don't want to eat it in front of everyone. That and I kinda have this whole school thing...

Badhabit
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Bike not prepped and frankly I've never taken a serious jump in my life. I assume Sportsman will still run the dirt section?

Badhabit
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 10:05 AM
But I do have shiny new gear, head to toe! You'll be able to see my noob shine a mile away!

Bueller
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 03:50 PM
That would be Sunday, September 2 - not October 2. I can make it in October. You kids have fun out there and win the novice class for me. Oh, and you can easily clear that double.
Thanks for setting me straight on the date, With the cancellation of race 9 I now need 8 more points lock up the championship. So a 15thplace or better finish in the next 2 races and I got it. Now I gotta see if I can hold a top 3 in Colorado Class.

Sorry Bueller, we'd come if it wasn't in Junction ;)
Awe it's not that long of a drive :lol:

Bike not prepped and frankly I've never taken a serious jump in my life. I assume Sportsman will still run the dirt section?Sportsman does run the dirt, but there are guys riding LC4 Dukes in novice and Colorado class is asphalt only.

But I do have shiny new gear, head to toe! You'll be able to see my noob shine a mile away!
The gear needs some personalty rubbed into it, a couple trips through the dirt section oughta do it.:)

krod
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 11:32 PM
[quote=Bueller;211560]Thanks for setting me straight on the date, With the cancellation of race 9 I now need 8 more points lock up the championship. So a 15thplace or better finish in the next 2 races and I got it. Now I gotta see if I can hold a top 3 in Colorado Class.

Sure rub it in nicky Hayden...:turtle: BTW ya gonna get smoked by a crf250:slappers:

Bueller
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Sure rub it in nicky Hayden...:turtle: BTW ya gonna get smoked by a crf250:slappers:

That's ok, wouldn't be the first time, I just gotta make one lap :siesta:

Filo
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 06:34 AM
BTW ya gonna get smoked by a crf250

Let me know if you need to borrow the bike Jim. I leave for Atlanta on Friday, so sooner would be better than later.

Bueller
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Jimmy we need to get the plans worked out here in the very near future. Wazzup?

krod
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Sorry Dave with the KTM down and Bow season starting up I decided to huntin.

Bueller
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 08:23 PM
bummer

Bueller
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 09:42 PM
you can ride the YZ in novice and I'll ride my KTM, just need your peg sliders.

Badhabit
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Westbound and Down!:cool:

krod
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 10:37 PM
you can ride the YZ in novice and I'll ride my KTM, just need your peg sliders.

Ok ya just changed my mind let me know....want the KTM though:turtle:

Bueller
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 07:07 PM
:dunno:
Going to try to be outta here by 11:00 am.
krod LMK what you want to do, The KTM just needs light tapped and tires, If you want to come by early we can change 'em here.

Bueller
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Horrible turn out :(

Thanks for coming out to race with us Badhabit (Jim), sorry it was so sparse, we really need to get more people out to race, it's not that hard to prep a bike and there is a class for everyone to have fun in. The season is basically over for this year, there is one more Junction race but most of the championships have been decided, and with the poor attendance it could be canceled.

There are some big plans in the works for '08, with more exposure and way more contingency, possibly some more local venues. There is also an idea for a split season that would award a spring and fall championship and then an overall.

Badhabit had what sounds like a good idea, and I think the guys at Epic Motorsports would probably be game to be involved, a Supermoto tech day or two that could be used to help those that are unsure of the process involved in race prepping your tard.
We would also be willing to hold some riders clinics for the novice riders looking to get into the sport. And remember DRZ-SM owners, your bikes are Sportsman class legal.
This is a great chance to race motorcycles without the extreme expense required to road race. We have an asphalt only class if you are not comfortable on the dirt, but the dirt sections rock! and make this sport something special you can't get with any other kind of racing.

So anyone interested let's hear from you, I know Krod has offered up his DRZ for demo rides, and in some cases I would be willing to let people give my bikes a whirl.

tarded400
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 02:46 PM
I just really need some more time on the track and better tires before I start racing... that and more money, time, and maybe a way to get the bike there... :D Sounds like I need to graduate. Are there any local races we could get into? Maybe at IMI or somewhere closer?

Bueller
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
The last race at IMI was canceled due to their re-paving issue coming up. This season is basically over for this year. We have all off season to get everyone prepared for next year.
There is not the pressure involved with starting racing as there would be in the MRA for instance, very laid back and helpful core of racers, you don't need to be sub-minute at IMI to come race, all are welcome after a short safety course and checkout ride (just to make sure the nOObs aren't dangerous).
Sportsman could easily be run on street tires on the DRZ, as that is basically the spec for anyone riding a stock wheeled YZ, CR, KX and so on. That is why the DRZ is almost a cheater bike, you get to run 17's and the oversize front brake because that is stock on that bike. Depending on riders ability even some of the other factory SM's may be allowed. I mean they are not going to let Dalton Dimick ride an Aprilia SXV 5.5 in sportsman but the probably would let Filo :lol:

krod
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:16 PM
How many were out there? How did ya do? Looks like the double header at MMP is going to my my last race fer the year.

Bueller
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
Wrapped up overall Novice with a 2nd place finish, looks like you will finish 2nd since Raygor was the only other novice and he can't catch you. Fell down landing the double, yes I finally hit the double regularly (opposite direction), bounced off a rock on the take off and got sideways in the air, almost saved the landing, but not quite, didn't kill the motor at least.
3rd in Colorado Class, gave up 2nd on the last lap to Matt by sliding through a corner that was giving me shit all day. Curran didn't show so I have 2nd overall clinched. I already told Archie and Matt I have nothing to race for so I won't be at the last GJ, and that we were planning on MMP.
I think they should cancel the last GJ and incorporate the MMP double header instead.

tarded400
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
You guys should post up a sticky about race prepping your bike...

krod
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 05:59 PM
Pretty simple, Axle sliders,foot peg sliders, safty wire any bolt that holds fluid IE (oil drain plug oil fill plug) and run some type of coolant catch can.

Filo
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 06:03 PM
Depending on riders ability even some of the other factory SM's may be allowed. I mean they are not going to let Dalton Dimick ride an Aprilia SXV 5.5 in sportsman but the probably would let Filo :lol:

Hey now, careful there. I could be fast. I am not, but I could be.

I can't make the last GJ race (wife's 40th birthday...). When is the next MMP?

Bueller
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Pretty simple, Axle sliders,foot peg sliders, safety wire any bolt that holds fluid IE (oil drain plug oil fill plug) and run some type of coolant catch can.
Hand guards with sliders, front caliper bolts wired, any oil filter or filter cover, fuel vent and crank case vent catches or crank can vent to your airbox. DRZ just needs a fuel catch IIRC. Kick stand removed for race (might have to bypass safety switch). Change coolant to water and water wetter, wire radiator cap.
I go way overboard and wire to meet MRA specs, just because if a bolt or nut in these areas were to vibrate loose it would make for a bad day, it is also a good check off method of making sure that commonly wrenched fasteners are tightened.
It may sound intensive but it can be accomplished in an afternoon, hence the tech day idea.
I have contacted Kevin @ Epic and he is all in favor of hosting this at the shop in Longmont, so if anyone is interested LMK and we will get something in the works.

Hey now, careful there. I could be fast. I am not, but I could be.

I can't make the last GJ race (wife's 40th birthday...). When is the next MMP?

Oct. 13 and 14

Badhabit
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Big thanks to Bueller for all your help prepping my bike.

To those of you that aren't sure you're fast enough, know enough, or have enough money - well I am one of those guys too and the Rocky Mountain Supermoto riders and admin people made me feel very welcome although I had a couple of embarrassing mishaps.

If you have a DRZ, SMC, or a motocrosser with an extra $600 for wheels, come on out next season. RMS will make you feel welcome. THEY NEED RIDERS, and will help you in anyway they can to get you to and on the track. Thanks guys.

tarded400
Tue Sep 4th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I would be interested in the tech day thing.... I have no idea how exactly to drill the oil plug, caliper bolts, etc for wire... You're saying run all your vent tubes into the air box? Sounds like I'm good on the sliders, already bypassed the kick stand switch (along with clutch) and I have a front and rear sportbike stand. Where would be a good place to get and mount a catch can?

EPICMOTOSPORTS
Tue Sep 4th, 2007, 07:12 PM
To all you guys looking to get into supermoto!

I have been working on a race prep./conversion seminar. I have just started working on this idea that came as a nice suggestion from Bueller. We at Epic Motosports are behind you guys 100% and we want to help make the Colorado SuperMoto series more fun with better rider turnout. We have been working very hard to put together conversion kits, we will offer: a Sportsman kit, a race kit, and a pro kit. The details will be on our new e-commerce site (comming very soon). Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding your SuperMoto bike or if you are interested in doing a conversion and getting sideways.

Kevin Bland
Owner
Epic Motosports
303-485-1858

krod
Tue Sep 4th, 2007, 10:01 PM
:up: Now all we need to do is get someone in charge who cares about racing instead of there check book.