PDA

View Full Version : R6 Rear Sets

Gshak
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Hey guys,

Can you recommend any adjustable rear sets for a 99 R6? I'm not lookin to spend a ton, but need more adjustment for track days.

Whats the difference between Pro-Tek, Woodcrat, Vortex, etc...

Thanks!

Bueller
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 06:29 AM
woodcraft

rybo
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Get in touch with Joe (jplracing) on here. He has access to Woodcraft and Valtermoto. The Valters have a fully adjustable set. I have Woodcrafts on my bike and really like them, but they have limited adjustability.

The difference in the brands you mention is mostly that...brand. IF you are doing lots of trackdays and considering racing look around the pits and see what others have, that way if you need to borrow a part it's likely to be around.

konichd
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 07:55 AM
I agree with Rybo :)

I have Woodcraft on my ZX-10R and even though I do like them, the adjustability is limited compared to other brands. I'll be getting Gilles over winter to replace the woodcrafts.

I have Vortex on my 636 and really like them a lot. I've done a couple track days on them (Pueblo and VIR) and I couldn't have been happier with them. I might actually get them for my 10 if I don't go with the new Gilles.

PsychoMike
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 10:24 AM
i have satos on my r6. just for bling factor though lol.

Jenny
Tue Aug 28th, 2007, 11:22 AM
G!!! Get the Valtermotos. Definitely talk to Joe. I've got them on the racebike and really like the position and quality. =)