PDA

View Full Version : Clutch lever not returning AT ALL

NorCALSpeed
Sun Jul 4th, 2004, 02:21 AM
So i noticed my clutch lever had stopped returning fully back once i let go of it. I had my bike in the shop yesterday getting tires on but didn't have the tim to get the cable checked. The mechanic said it needed to be replaced very soon and that it my burn the clutch up more until I replace it. Tonight rode around a little, tried about 6 wheelies (they all sucked too) and at a friends house as i came to a stop the clutch lever just stayed in to the grip. But the cluth was engaged so the bike died.

Did the clutch blow or the cable just maybe finally snapped or something?

The GECCO
Sun Jul 4th, 2004, 07:44 AM
So i noticed my clutch lever had stopped returning fully back once i let go of it. I had my bike in the shop yesterday getting tires on but didn't have the tim to get the cable checked. The mechanic said it needed to be replaced very soon and that it my burn the clutch up more until I replace it. Tonight rode around a little, tried about 6 wheelies (they all sucked too) and at a friends house as i came to a stop the clutch lever just stayed in to the grip. But the cluth was engaged so the bike died.

Did the clutch blow or the cable just maybe finally snapped or something?

the cable snapped...

NorCALSpeed
Mon Jul 5th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Yup, slid right out of the housing. Picking on up tommorow when store's open. Should be pretty easy fix. I hope.

NorCALSpeed
Thu Jul 15th, 2004, 03:25 AM
This sucks, waited over a week to get cable shipped to the shop. Then when I go to put it on, I realize my SV has aftermarket clip ons that shorten the necessary length of the cable quite a bit and the stocker is wayyyyy too long. After a week I was so hyped to ride, have to figure out what cable to use now. Any SV riders with clip-ons? I just hope I get it fixed in time for wheelie school, if not I will be so pissed. :x :x Sorry had to rant on this.