PDA

View Full Version : Newbish riders this weekend?

Sean
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Just checkin’ to see if any newer riders are going out this weekend? Between my somewhat limited skills (can't get more than 20+ in corners) and everybody and their brother going down (hope everybody is recovering well!), I am just looking to get out and ride. I don’t plan on being overly aggressive, but I’m sure some cars will need to be passed. And I sure as hell don’t need any tickets or road rash! I know there are a bunch of really strong riders on this board going out this weekend that I can’t keep up with yet; so I thought I would post instead of trying to ride outside of my abilities. It’s been a hell of a week and I have 3 days off! Hopefully I’ll be riding all 3 days. I was kind of thinking about back roads and lunch in Laramie. I’ve never been there. Or North, South, West, wherever? Anyone in?

bodhizafa
Wed Aug 29th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I'd love to bud but I'm working all weekend. Something early maybe, I don't work till 2pm.

Sean
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 07:01 AM
That's cool. We can just go earlier and make sure we are back in time. No problem at all. Sounds great. Maybe Saturday or Monday??? I just found out I have a thing on sunday :(

Sully
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I'm sure I will be out riding during the 3 days off :bananna:... hit me up... on here or myspace if you want to ride ... L8

Centrios
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Camping Saturday afternoon till Monday... if you go Saturday morning count me in!

mayhem
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 11:21 AM
a few of us soco guy's are gonna hit bishops castle i think on sat if any of you are interested........not really fast, but not slow either....probably meet @ my cafe @ 1616 s. 8th street in the springs around 8:30am...

elf
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I might be up for a Monday ride. PM me or post up with when and where you'd like to meet!

Sully
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 03:12 PM
a few of us soco guy's are gonna hit bishops castle i think on sat if any of you are interested........not really fast, but not slow either....probably meet @ my cafe @ 1616 s. 8th street in the springs around 8:30am...

That's a ride in itself.. from Boulder to Colo Springs... :shocked: :(

kks01r1
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I'd be in for a Monday ride if it comes together

mayhem
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 03:24 PM
naw, that's a warm-up, we did it last weekend. only we did it from cs to moco to woodland park and never made it to royal gorge :( so headed back to cs...

we're not sure where were goin yet either, maybe pueblo to check out races for a bit. nothing set in stone yet.....it would be nice to meet your tongue, oopppppsssss. i mean nice to meet you..........:hump:

Sully
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 04:02 PM
:shocked:post it up .. pm me... or myspace it freaks... I'll see what's up..

mayhem
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 04:19 PM
:shocked:post it up .. pm me... or myspace it freaks... I'll see what's up..

if ur a freak and you know it, why not show it........i'll have to check my calendar.........where u wanna go sully?????????

tl1000riders
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I might be able to sat. afternoon.

Sully
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I pretty much ride all over... soooo...doesn't matter to me... In fact, I'm leaving in 45 mins to go ride :bananna: :D

Sean
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Holy hulahoops batman! It's great that people want to get out!!!!! Hell, I'm up for all of them, screw school/homework/work when there's an open canyon rd. Let's get some rides going!

Bodizafa/Centrios- Sat am, Boulderish? Lets email and pick an spot/route/time anyone else is free to join. will post when we have figured it out. Maybe north? ptp/estes somthing? We'll be back by 1:00 fo sho.

TL1000rider- even if I ride in the morning I'm prob still up for a run. Besides It would be great to finally meet you (onelocked has pm'ed before about rides) due to our schedules never lining up.

Mayhem- thanks for the offer, but if I can get a ride up here sat I'll do that. I still want to make it down south one of these days. Seems like a crazy bunch of cool riders! Big props on the bike and the shop. Keep locals alive!

Elf/kksar1- monday's on. I don't know where you are coming from so email and lets pick a spot and put on some miles. email me.

Sully- you ride everywhere!!!! Come on one or all, I'd love to meet ya. Maybe monday could be more south denver (I think your in a-town?).

I'm open to ideas. Let's all have a safe Labor day weekend. Good luck to the riders on the track, maybe I'll be there next year....maybe!

Sully
Thu Aug 30th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Sean - It's flat lands over this way... I'm usually in the canyons somewhere.. look for the Telefonica.. :hibye:..

elf
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 07:52 AM
Sean-
Email sent.

FYI, my friend who's a Thornton cop, said that most agencies will be OUT IN FORCE this weekend (for catching :drink:, mostly).

So chiggity-check yosef!!

Sully
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 08:07 AM
Werd !! :lol:... check it !

There are going to be check points all over.. They will probably even have those desk jockeys out issuing tickets as well ! :(...

pilot
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 08:47 AM
Fortunately, there won't be cops looking for speeders at the track this weekend. Now, the drive to and from the hotel is another story...

mayhem
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 09:35 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15923

a few of us are headed to pueblo to check out practice day at the track, if anyone is interested.................

Centrios
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 10:02 AM
Shiny email sent about sat am.

Sean
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 11:32 AM
Got one ride going.
Monday: Meet @ Noa Noa Espresso in Golden 8:00ish, leave 8:30. So far it's me and Elf (matt) but more are welcome. Most likely deckers/HP Hill (I'm a northie and a newbie so I haven't done it yet!) Maybe hit Zoka's for lunch.

It's a "ride your own ride" thing. Goal number one, is no crashes and no cops! Don't need any "performance appreciation certificates" from colorado's finest.

Interested? pm or email so we know your coming. be safe everybody. Sat morning ride still being planned. Will post up!

Sean
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 01:49 PM
Sat. ride is up and running!
Meet: Conoco in Boulder @ Broadway and Table Mesa
Time: 8:30
where to:...north-ish...somewhere but avoiding rmnp
so far it's me, bodizafa and centrios, anyone else want in? All are welcome! email, pm or show up!!!

Jason ON
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 02:20 PM
email sent.

And Bodizafa is a girl. I wouldn't ride with him. :D

kks01r1
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 03:06 PM
PM sent

thida_r6
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 03:09 PM
I'll be there! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Sean
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 05:44 PM
And Bodizafa is a girl. I wouldn't ride with him. :D

Ain't that the truth! I'm just chalking it up as a community service. :hump: j/k It'll be a blast

bodhizafa
Fri Aug 31st, 2007, 11:38 PM
What the fuck? I have to check this board more often!

Jason ON
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 03:13 PM
Fun ride, guys! Thanks,

Sean
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 05:41 PM
Yeah, good times. It was great meeting all of you. No tickets, no road rash and a fine lunch in estes. Now, if we can just figure out a way to keep all of those damn SV's at home and get some real bikes out there. he, he, he! Thanks guys and gals! Have a great weekend and post or email some of them photos.

Jason ON
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
You're just mad because you can't handle twins.

DARK ANGEL
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 11:06 PM
yeah it was an awesome ride man great people great roads and great food. glad all had fun and thanks to all for letting me lead a bit :)

thida_r6
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks for letting me lead a 'lil bit too :P

Sean
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
bump. seeing if anyone else wants to go tomorrow morning? Should be a beautiful day! Hope everybody is having a fun weekend! :)
Got one ride going.
Monday: Meet @ Noa Noa Espresso in Golden 8:00ish, leave 8:30. So far it's me and Elf (matt) but more are welcome. Most likely deckers/HP Hill (I'm a northie and a newbie so I haven't done it yet!) Maybe hit Zoka's for lunch.

It's a "ride your own ride" thing. Goal number one, is no crashes and no cops! Don't need any "performance appreciation certificates" from colorado's finest.

Interested? pm or email so we know your coming. be safe everybody. Sat morning ride still being planned. Will post up!

onelocked
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 03:35 PM
hey sunnysideup, there are a few interested in riding tomorrow post your ride on the thread for "any rides on monday 9/3" and let us know when and where. I am up for anything.

Sean
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Hey everybody, Thanks for the emails/pm's. Sorry, I forgot to post the address of the place. I have no idea where it is, but here's the details:
Noa-Noa Espresso News
109 Rubey Dr, Golden, CO
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Noa+Noa+espresso,+golden&sll=39.275853,-105.016937&sspn=0.756907,1.277161&ie=UTF8&ll=39.7592,-105.232973&spn=0.023489,0.039911&z=15&om=1

Elf and I had chatted about a route but nothing was nailed down, I'm guessing we would be fairly open. Like I put up before prob deckers-ish, but in addition, who knows. Who cares, just as I'm out riding!
Maybe we should all just make a run to Mexico??? Any takers?

Warren
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 04:49 PM
I'd be interested in going for a ride tomorrow as long as it isn't too fast paced. I badly need a new front tire and can't push it too hard until I get one.

Sean
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 04:54 PM
No, it won't be too fast paced. To many coppers and crappy drivers out on this holiday weekend. Besides, I'm not the fastest rider on the block, If I were, I'd be at the track :) Ride your own ride!

DARK ANGEL
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
im in ill be there man!

bodhizafa
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
I say we take a month off and ride down to Mexico city and Cabo San Lucas.

Sean
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
I say we take a month off and ride down to Mexico city and Cabo San Lucas.

Hell Yeah!!!!!! I'll start packing my bags. :slappers: R6's were meant for international, long distance travel weren't they? If we keep the pace we were doing on 36 yesterday, we should get there in about 6-7 hours :)

dapper
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 06:29 PM
Hey everybody, Thanks for the emails/pm's. Sorry, I forgot to post the address of the place. I have no idea where it is, but here's the details:
Noa-Noa Espresso News
109 Rubey Dr, Golden, CO
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Noa+Noa+espresso,+golden&sll=39.275853,-105.016937&sspn=0.756907,1.277161&ie=UTF8&ll=39.7592,-105.232973&spn=0.023489,0.039911&z=15&om=1

Elf and I had chatted about a route but nothing was nailed down, I'm guessing we would be fairly open. Like I put up before prob deckers-ish, but in addition, who knows. Who cares, just as I'm out riding!
Maybe we should all just make a run to Mexico??? Any takers?
What time? :)

Sean
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 06:36 PM
Monday: Meet @ Noa Noa Espresso in Golden 8:00ish, leave 8:30. Here ya go. Hope to see ya in the am!

bodhizafa
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
There is some guy from the Netherlands (?) who went around the world for 3 years on his R1, never mind just Mexico:siesta:. I will try to find the link later, my work computer blocks most sites.

onelocked
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
I driven to Cabo in a car from Sac, CA its a long,long way down south better be comfortable on that R6.

Sean
Sun Sep 2nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
It's 1,114 miles from boulder to Yuma, AZ and then a little over 1,000 miles from the US boarder to Cabo. Iron Butt? For a ride that long. I think my balls would be the same color as the bike!

Warren
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 03:49 PM
It was a fun ride everyone! It was nice to meet you all.

elf
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 03:58 PM
Good ride today!

Sean- Look at this (http://www.ridenow.com/product/detail/MPP.aspx)

dirkterrell
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Yep, had a good time today. Weather was perfect.

Dirk
(on the red/white/blue Interceptor)

Sean
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks guys and gals, it was fun! Hope everybody made it home okay. It was a good day, no cops and no hospitals. Mission accomplished! Thanks to everybody that came, it was great meeting all of the new faces.

Big thanks to gsxrscott for coming up from the springs. I owe ya, I’ll be sure to make it down there soon. Maybe after I get my rear tire replaced.

And Elf and Dark Angel: you guys got lucky. The tire held up all the way back to boulder. If it didn’t, you were the frist ones I was going to call b/c you talked me into going all day. Thanks, it was worth it!

Thanks again everybody, it was a great weekend!

Sean
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
Good ride today!

Sean- Look at this (http://www.ridenow.com/product/detail/MPP.aspx)

What are you saying? You think it's time for a new tire? Whatever, It worked today. It's got another 500 miles in it.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/mr7string/IMG_0945.jpg (http://photobucket.com)

Sully
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
Good ride, thanks ShinySideUp ! And get that tire replaced !!!!! :rant:

dirkterrell
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
What are you saying? You think it's time for a new tire? Whatever, It worked today. It's got another 500 miles in it.

Yeah, those are the wear bars just starting to show up. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

ZX Rider
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Great ride today. I had a lot of fun.
Great group of people to ride with.

DARK ANGEL
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
ehh you still got 10,000 miles left on that tire HAHAHAHAHAHAA

gsxrscott
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks guys (and gals ) for letting me ride with you! Good bunch of folks , like minded people. Sorry I didn't head back with you guys to Estes, but met some guys in the Springs and we went back up to Deckers again! Hi11zone had never been and doesnt know any of the mountain roads so he had fun! I'll keep checking the posts and look forward to doing it again sometime. Ride, ride, ride.. have a good one Guys!:)