PDA

View Full Version : Any Plan For Sunday 9/2?

Ghost
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 09:38 AM
I counted 6 LEOs on I-25 N from the 470 to Arapahoe on my way in to work, and the road was already filling up with CU/CSU fans and people heading to the lakes/mtns/gradma's.

Weather's supposed to be 86+/- and isloated showers along the front range Sunday.

SO...are there still plans for the MoCo ride?
Or another longer ride to Royal or anywhere else?

Jenny
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 09:47 AM
Rides that meet at the Morrison Conoco are *every* Saturday and Sunday as default weekly events:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/weekly.html#mellow

Ghost
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 09:58 AM
Rides that meet at the Morrison Conoco are *every* Saturday and Sunday as default weekly events:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/weekly.html#mellow

Yeah, what I should've said:

1. So who is *still interested* in riding (given the traffic and cops about)?
2. Anyone want to do something like the Royal ride instead of the default MoCo ride?
3. I forgot #3, I need sleep or coffee...except I rarely drink coffee and can't sleep at work...

Jenny
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 11:18 AM
I'm up for riding, but am not up for a default, random people, group ride. Coffee is yucky. Get a Red Bull.

Jason ON
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Red Bull is nasty, drink a nice Early Grey with a hint of cinnamon.

suzinpink
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 06:05 PM
We're going up for a quicky I think... won't be there til like 10 though... maybe a wee bit earlier

TommyTheKid
Sat Sep 1st, 2007, 07:14 PM
Where's ya goin (approximately?).. I wanna ride somewhere tomorrow, but not far, maybe just up for lunch somewhere then back?

~tommy

We're going up for a quicky I think... won't be there til like 10 though... maybe a wee bit earlier

Jenny
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 01:13 AM
Our ride was most assuredly not a quickie. 285 into Fairplay (I love riding into South Park - tee hee), down 9 to 50 and to Royal Gorge, Canon City, then 115 to Florence, South on 67, west on 96 and then south on 165, went to Bishop Castle (first time there, was insane and WAY cool!), then through Rye, stopped in Colorado City, back past Bishop, east back on 96 into Pueblo, and then up 25. We left Morrison around 10ish I guess (maybe a little later) and got back into D-town around 11/11:30 tonight. It was an AMAZING ride!! :D Again, thanks John & Matt for a spectacular ride! You two make me very happy to street ride again.

InlineSIX24
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:42 AM
Good time as always. Coming back in 165 as it got dark there were more deer lining the sides of the road than spectators at a rally race, which kinda worried me, but none of them tried to cross luckily. Bishops was cool. I learned to hate the government, start a militia, and put my life in the trust of some guy's welding ability.

Mel
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 11:22 AM
Bishops is an awesome destination...I haven't been there in 4ish years and need to go again (Jenny?). Glad you all had fun...Matt, saw you headed home last night I think.

InlineSIX24
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
I would be up for going again soon. Unless it's going to be some kind of girl's day out so you guys can do dirty stuff to each other. If you saw some tired guy plastered w/ bugs it was probably me.
:)

Jenny
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 09:52 PM
We have no problem doing dirty stuff to each other in front of you & John, right Mel? I'm definitely up for going back that direction. :D

I LOVED the road leading up to and away from Bishop. I mean, aside from the little bit of sand. But when we were going back through in the dark, I couldn't see the sand and you know...ignorance is bliss and all that. ;) John and I were hoping that we didn't get you "grounded" by getting home so late. :P

Ghost
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:01 PM
I would be up for going again soon. ESPECIALLY it's going to be some kind of girl's day out so you guys can do dirty stuff to each other.
:)

UNLESS?!?!

Fixed. ;)

I had a ton of fun, just like last time and I'm getting to enjoy our micro-group rides (despite H2s in wet & gravel. :down: ). The ride out was definitely worth it!

However, I'm not sure I remember the ride home. Seriously, I remember getting on I-25, then stopping for coffee and that's about it.

I assume I was conscious for the trip, but I can't recall anything other than freezing in my perforated summer jacket and wondering why I was surrounded by floating orbs in a variety of colors of light.

I DO recall those F*ing metal plates bolted to the road. Between their wet-ice-like coefficient of friction and their protruding bolt heads I'm surprised I didn't kiss a barrier in the fogged-haze of riding.

Kudos again to Jenny and Matt for being safe, fun, and very enjoyable traveling companions. I clocked off 428 miles for this go, 384 last time, so we're definitely working up to Iron Butt status. :D

Jenny
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:04 PM
I don't think I want to do 1000 miles in 24 hours on the Duc. :|

King Nothing
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
who the hell is "Ghost?"

Canuck
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:09 PM
:imwithstupid:

Ghost
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:10 PM
I don't think I want to do 1000 miles in 24 hours on the Duc. :|

Wow, you want the CBR instead? It's yours!

:lol: ;)

Canuck
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:13 PM
who the hell is "Ghost?"

Nevermind, I just "got it" :lol:

Jenny
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:14 PM
It's John, you dork. :lol:

King Nothing
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:15 PM
:lol:

InlineSIX24
Tue Sep 4th, 2007, 12:11 AM
...John and I were hoping that we didn't get you "grounded" by getting home so late. :P

Late is no issue. She won't bitch at me for that. Now, not coming home until the next day...
:scream1:

InlineSIX24
Tue Sep 4th, 2007, 12:14 AM
...I DO recall those F*ing metal plates bolted to the road. Between their wet-ice-like coefficient of friction and their protruding bolt heads I'm surprised I didn't kiss a barrier in the fogged-haze of riding...

Those bolts do suck ass.. whether your in a car or a bike. I don't know whats up with construction projects lately. It's either some jackass idea like that, or the rotomilling job they had done to I-70 near Golden early last month that caused my truck to catch air going down the highway and launch things out of the box that was in the back seat.

Jenny
Wed Sep 5th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Whee photos!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/jenlocicero/bishop/IMG_4443.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/jenlocicero/bishop/IMG_4460.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/jenlocicero/bishop/IMG_4452.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/jenlocicero/bishop/IMG_4449.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/jenlocicero/bishop/IMG_4447.jpg

More here: http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/jenlocicero/bishop/

Ghost
Wed Sep 5th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Kneel before Zod!

(sorry, that pic of the throne got to me). ;)

Those pics are fantastic, I didn't realize how many you'd taken. They're great at capturing the oddball "architecture" of that place--pity they cannot capture the "OMFG this thing is unstable" wobble that everything seemed to have.

Though I admire his effort and his work I really wish he had a bit more skill at welding. His constructions really are not "confidence inspiring" at *all*...

King Nothing
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I hate castles. They make me angry. Really, really angry.

Jenny
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Though I admire his effort and his work I really wish he had a bit more skill at welding. His constructions really are not "confidence inspiring" at *all*...

bahahahah I almost just spit my slurpee all over my monitors. :lol:

Ghost
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 11:03 PM
bahahahah I almost just spit my slurpee all over my monitors. :lol:

Guess almost spitting beats whoever puked on the top of that one tower we were swaying around in...

InlineSIX24
Thu Sep 6th, 2007, 11:16 PM
::: it really is pretty up here... I think I'll be okay as long as I hold onto... BLAHHGHH.. well maybe not :::

:puke:

Jenny
Fri Sep 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Guess almost spitting beats whoever puked on the top of that one tower we were swaying around in...

hahah totally forgot about that. :lol:

Ghost
Sat Sep 8th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Anything up for this SUNDAY (tomorrow)?

Weather could be utter crap...