PDA

View Full Version : Ride: Saturday, Sept 15, 2007 to the Go-Fast X-Games at the Royal George.

pilot
Thu Sep 13th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Depart MOCO at 8:30ish. Ride down and through the boonies with as few stops as possible (gas and stretch) until getting to the Gorge. Bring cash, snacks, water, rain gear, map (there's a novel idea), etc. Since the arrival point is big with lots to do this would be a great near end of regular season ride for all levels.

Groups will need to be broken up into departures based on riding style. No groups larger than 5 bikes- for safety, etc.

Route will not be discussed on the board. Day of ride team leads will pull out and then make a stop (away from payphones, etc.) to inform group of riding direction.

Is your insurance up to date, bike ready for a longer ride? Will you be in condition for the ride. All reasonable things to consider.

pilot
Thu Sep 13th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Bump

TomB
Thu Sep 13th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah Yeah Yeah Ill be there too! Riding the aprilia, been on 675 for two weeks dieing to ride the twin. Ill make sure to take no water ,raingear ,food ,or a cheater map! I forgot one thing, I bring lots of cash! I like to travel light and fast same mind set as climbing a fourteener.

pilot
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I'll hand you the bills, ha.

Jmetz
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Route will not be discussed on the board. Day of ride team leads will pull out and then make a stop (away from payphones, etc.) to inform group of riding direction.

Paranoid much? :lol:

pilot
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Paranoid much? :lol:Absolutely. I just wish someone would publish a map so that everyone could see the exact route without having to try and figure it out.

pilot
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Paranoid much? :lol:BTW, are you going on the ride?

TomB
Sun Sep 16th, 2007, 10:21 PM
It was a great ride on Staurday. Even if I did crash my mille and broke my collar bone on Horse Power hill at at the pace. Thanks for all of the help getting the bike off of the road and home. ( Pilot, Terra and Greg ) It should take 4-6 weeks for this to heal so I'll see you guys again in a month or so for more fun riding. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the bike, however it might become the next track bike in town. It's always fun going out for a ride with you guys even when you crash. (my opinion) It sucks I crashed my bike and broke my collar bone, but shit happens! One more lesson learned. Again, Thanks for all of your help! I hope you had a good ride today.

Vehicle 1
Sun Sep 16th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Fack!

Tom, hope you heal fast man....

Diego.

Warren
Sun Sep 16th, 2007, 11:50 PM
It was a fun ride everyone even if most of it was in the rain!

Warren
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 07:01 AM
OOps wrong ride but the Sunday ride was fun. Tom heal up! I am sorry to hear about your crash.

pilot
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 07:58 AM
It was a great ride on Staurday. Even if I did crash my mille and broke my collar bone on Horse Power hill at 115+ mph. Thanks for all of the help getting the bike off of the road and home. ( Pilot, Terra and Greg ) It should take 4-6 weeks for this to heal so I'll see you guys again in a month or so for more fun riding. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the bike, however it might become the next track bike in town. It's always fun going out for a ride with you guys even when you crash. (my opinion) It sucks I crashed my bike and broke my collar bone, but shit happens! One more lesson learned. Again, Thanks for all of your help! I hope you had a good ride today.You stored up more dirt than the Tazmainian Devilhttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:582mhwhJ2iiQKM:http://uncletaz.com/Tazdevil.GIF

Fack!

Tom, hope you heal fast man....

Diego.And where the hell were you all weekend, my brotha? We coulda used your help wrenching that fat-ass Aprillia onto the trailer.

It was a fun ride everyone even if most of it was in the rain!Obviously, you were sleepy when you posted up, ha. Hell, I pulled over in Idaho Springs and passed across my tank bag on the way back at around 1 AM.

OOps wrong ride but the Sunday ride was fun. Tom heal up! I am sorry to hear about your crash.Plus one, Tom. For sure.

Vehicle 1
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 02:20 PM
And where the hell were you all weekend, my brotha? We coulda used your help wrenching that fat-ass Aprillia onto the trailer.

I was at IMI on Sat., and doing the Deker’s run with my girl and her mom (she came to visit) on Sun., in tha cage….:(. God it was rough to say no to the rides! But I had duties as a tourist guide.

I feel bad for not being there…:banghead:

pilot
Tue Sep 18th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Trip mileage from Morrison to Canon City and back through Deckers to Morrison =~ 305