PDA

View Full Version : AGV Sport Leather Gear

CBR-STEW
Thu Jul 15th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Does anyone own any AGV Leather Gear? I was thinking about getting a new leather jacket and some pants (sportrider).

Also Does anyone know any local stores that actually carry AGV Leather Jackets and Pants? I can't seem to find any stores that carry them. I would like to try the gear on before deciding.

As far as Leather Jackets and pants are concerned, do the sizes vary between manufacturers or are they fairly close?

Boy Scout
Thu Jul 15th, 2004, 05:15 PM
When I was looking for gear about a year ago, I found no one in the Denver metro area that carried AGV suits. Several could order, but none in stock. I don't recall for sure if anyone had AGV jacket/pants, but I don't believe so. Let your fingers do the walking on this one.

Sizes do vary, sometimes signficantly, and sometimes even between different styles from the same manufacturer. In some cases it's not so much the size as the cut, but bottom line is they don't all fit the same. Several manufacturers also have sizing charts to help get you in the ballpark. Your best bet is to try to find someone that owns what you are looking for so you can try it on. Also, pay attention to sizes...some are US, some are Euro (i.e. Euro = US + 10; US are 40s-50s; Euro are 50s-60s).

Here's a link to some general info: Purchasing Leathers (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1694&highlight=). It is more oriented toward suits, but may contain something useful to you.

Post up what size you think you need and see if anyone has something from AGV in that size.

RSVR4aCowboy
Thu Jul 15th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Ping Spiderman when he gets back Monday. He races in the AGV leathers

Jaydoc
Mon Jul 19th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Just a quick comment. I own an AGV Sport leather jacket. It's one of those GSX-R jackets. I have been very happy with it. I wear a size 44 suit jacket and the 44 leather jacket fits perfectly.

I'm getting a phantom suit (supposed to be here tomorrow) and I'll let you know about the size/quality.

BigE
Tue Jul 20th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Just to let ya know for AGV check out www.mawonline.com right now they have some for less than $300 for 1pc race suits. Yeah, I know they aren't the fanciest but for somethin' to wear so you can do track days....and they've got to be better than jeans for canyon carving.

Jaydoc
Wed Aug 4th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Well, just to let you know. I got my leathers and they fit perfectly. The quality is great too. Order your regular jacket size for an athletic fit. Order one size larger for a looser fit.