PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 9/15

Mother Goose
Thu Sep 13th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Since Saturday is my last day w/ Brizz' R1, I think it's time for one last ride. I had a good time w/ the guys that I rode with from Conoco out to Cripple Creek on Sunday, so I'd like to ride again this Saturday. We'll be there around 9ish. :D

TomB
Thu Sep 13th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Ill be there chadwick. Last weekend was a good ride, good riders great roads. see you sat.

Mother Goose
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Looks like one of the guys won't be able to make it till about 10. But I'll still show up @ 9ish.

Mother Goose
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Correction, he can be there by 9:30. :D

Aracheon
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I was planning on doing a MoCo ride as well. Cya around 9.

madvlad
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Dude ghetto, I hate working saturdays :(..... what's the riding experience preference for you guys on these type of rides if someone decides to join?

Mother Goose
Sat Sep 15th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Dude ghetto, I hate working saturdays :(..... what's the riding experience preference for you guys on these type of rides if someone decides to join?
All riders are welcome. If you're slower, the faster guys will still do their pace, but will wait for you during the ride to make sure everyone is together and safe.

Aracheon
Sat Sep 15th, 2007, 07:04 PM
AWESOME ride today, everyone... short of what happened to Shortcake. Wicky... any updates on her?

Slo
Sat Sep 15th, 2007, 08:22 PM
???

McVaaahhh
Sat Sep 15th, 2007, 08:27 PM
What happened to shortcake?

Aracheon
Sat Sep 15th, 2007, 11:14 PM
I don't know the details, but I think she lowsided into a guardrail.

eklew
Sat Sep 15th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Damn, hope she is okay.

dirkterrell
Sun Sep 16th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that. :(

Dirk

konichd
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I don't know the details, but I think she lowsided into a guardrail.

Unfortuntely this is true :( We were following (in the back) and about 2 miles up on a right hander the front end swept out. The bike and her both crossed the oncoming lane and came to a rest on the shoulder. The bike ended up getting wedged under the guradrail (I have a pic but can't get it off my blackberry).

The best news is that she is fine. A little sore, separated shoulder, and some nice rash on her right side hip. All in all she was VERY lucky there was little traffic or we won't going faster (@15-20 mph) or things could have been much worse.

I know the accident wasn't her fault. Most of you know its my track bike and the tires were heat-cycled pretty well. I was thinking they would make it the rest of the season, but unfortunately I saw first hand what a mistake this was. :(

The bike is at TFOG getting looked over but it should actually be a pretty easy fix. State Farm will be taking care of it anyway :)

Slo
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Glad things will be ok, like you said, could have been much worse.

Aracheon
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 08:11 AM
I'm glad to hear she's alright! Whew.

konichd
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Shit happens and I should have known better and just spent $120 on a new front tire. I have insurance for a reason so watch out for this thing after "The Rebuild Part: II" This bike is going to be fuckin' sick! :lol:

Bugkiller1
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I hope both rider and bike heal well!

Neil

konichd
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks for spinning back down and checking Neil :)

dirkterrell
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 09:04 AM
The best news is that she is fine. A little sore, separated shoulder, and some nice rash on her right side hip. All in all she was VERY lucky there was little traffic or we won't going faster (@15-20 mph) or things could have been much worse.

Very glad to hear that the injuries were relatively minor although probably painful. Tucking it in a righthander on the street always has the potential to turn nasty real quick.

I know the accident wasn't her fault. Most of you know its my track bike and the tires were heat-cycled pretty well. I was thinking they would make it the rest of the season, but unfortunately I saw first hand what a mistake this was. :(

Yeah, if you're asking yourself whether you think your tires are good enough, they probably aren't. Tires are the very last thing I would ever skimp on with a bike. If those few square centimeters of rubber aren't getting the job done, nothing else on the bike- brakes, engine, suspension- means a damn thing.

Dirk

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I'm glad she's doing ok. When I talked to her she sounded good, then the text yesterday saying she fely like she'd been hit by a bus! :lol:

Here's that picture you sent me DK.

konichd
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Bamn! A 636 guardrail sandwich! :)

She maybe got hit by a short bus :lol: At least she knocked all the newness out of it

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Bamn! A 636 guardrail sandwich! :)

She maybe got hit by a short bus :lol: At least she knocked all the newness out of it
I thought she RODE the short bus. :think:

We should do a Golden City day this week.

konichd
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I know she didn't want "hussies" riding on the back of the bike this weekend but crashing it was a little extreem IMHO. :lol:

O'well State Farm is cutting a check, and Jim is going to be happy.

How about Golden City on Tues or Wed?

GSXRJOHNNY
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 09:24 AM
The g-rails are getting fed way to much!!! Heal fast ok!!!

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I know she didn't want "hussies" riding on the back of the bike this weekend but crashing it was a little extreem IMHO. :lol:

O'well State Farm is cutting a check, and Jim is going to be happy.

How about Golden City on Tues or Wed?
Tuesday sounds good.... the sooner, the better. ;)

konichd
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Tuesday it is then!

64BonnieLass
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I sure hope you feel better soon honey. That just sucks and blows at the same time.

Please call me if you need anything. :makeout:

konichd
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Please call me if you need anything. :makeout:

Was this for me or shortcake? ;)

LadyT
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I went to breakfast with her yesterday....or more of afternoon lol and she seemed to be doing fine and in great spirits :)

Definately thankful it was not worse!!!

McVaaahhh
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Bummer to hear this, welcome to the crash-club Jeanna! Glad that you're going to come out of it ok and the bike will ride again.

Probably gods way of telling you that Kawasaki's suck! :D

konichd
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Thank god she wasn't on a gixxer! But I'm still going to hold this over her head for a LLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGG time.

At least I'll be getting free wings every tuesday for the next 8 months :lol:

Pharmgirl
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I think that with a little Honda polish and some Vicodin she'll be good to go!

Shortcake
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks everyone!
It could've been so much worse. I walked away with pretty minor injuries, painful as hell, but minor. I honestly have no idea what made me go down, it all happened so fast. We'll say its the tires, clearly it couldn't have been operator error. :) Seems to me if it was the tires, I will be the one getting free wings for a long while. haha

I don't really think I ever want to do that again!!!!!!!

konichd
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 01:16 PM
You should change your sig to say "I crash my own bike" :)

64BonnieLass
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 01:26 PM
:) Seems to me if it was the tires, I will be the one getting free wings for a long while. haha!!

:yay: Oh Yea! Free Wings and butt rubs. Whoo Hoo!

Glad you are doing great.

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Everytime I see Terri's name on here I say to myself.... Bone.... hehe

McVaaahhh
Mon Sep 17th, 2007, 03:44 PM
[quote=64BonneLass;220321]Free Wings and butt rubs. [quote]

You offering???

If so, sign me up. :lol: