PDA

View Full Version : Icon Dominion?

Stitches
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 12:34 PM
So, it's been two years, since I bought My mainframe, and it's getting time to start saving for a new lid. I was eyeballing the Dominion helmet by Icon, and wondered if maybye anyone out there had one, dropped their bike while wearing one? ect. :drink:

Bueller
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Icon=Concusion for me, I have a mainframe I hardly ever wear anymore.
Scorpion=Reasonable price+fog proof and easy change shield.

Stitches
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 12:53 PM
so like you got a concussion while wearing teh lid? did you hit the ground first, or did you slide and then hit?
What's your take on Scorpion's breathability?

Bueller
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Highside, so I am pretty sure I landed on my head. Don't remember the whole previous day.
Scorpion breathes so well that during the cold winter days I wear my Shark because there is much less air flow.

PsychoMike
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 02:48 PM
yea scorpion is good for the price.

seadood228
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I agree with Bueller on both counts. Icon's have proven to have quality control issues, whilst Scorps have consistently drawn rave reviews.

Κανελλόπουλος
Fri Sep 14th, 2007, 11:17 PM

motorep
Sun Sep 16th, 2007, 08:40 AM
So, it's been two years, since I bought My mainframe, and it's getting time to start saving for a new lid. I was eyeballing the Dominion helmet by Icon, and wondered if maybye anyone out there had one, dropped their bike while wearing one? ect. :drink:

I believe it's the Icon Domain you're referring to. Nice helmets- Carbon fiber/Dyneema/Kevlar shell, dual-density inner liner- a dense liner covered with a softer liner- protects not only on the big hits, but the little ones too. A large neck roll and a removeable chin curtain for little wind noise. Fog free shield is standard. I've ridden with all the Icon helmet models, the quietness is the first thing I notice. The same fit you're used to with your Mainframe. Colors from basic solids to some killer graphics, depending on how you want to look. You can check them out at www.rideicon.com (http://www.rideicon.com) and at your local dealer.

madvlad
Sun Sep 16th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I wear a Scorpion helmet and it's freakin awesome, plenty of breathability, comfortable and it was very cheap. With a tinted visor and the helmet I didn't even come to spend $200. It's a great option.

merlin
Sun Sep 16th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Anyone tried the Akuma helmets yet?

Pricey, but they look like good stuff- lots of vents, web bike world gave them a pretty good review, and they come with a photo-reactive visor that tints up to 60% in the sun, and goes back to clear in the dark. Interesting look too.

Here's the Stealth model: