PDA

View Full Version : Question for the experienced.

guessinthe2000
Tue Sep 18th, 2007, 07:13 PM
So I got this bike which I went down on June... is almost back to perfect. I've been riding it and I want to know what's the symptoms I should look for in a bike thats not straight... meaning a bent frame. I have the lowest fairing off on both sides... the left fairing off and the bar end and inner weight off the bike... I got the left mirror on but not a right mirror... I'm asking this question because I've ridden the bike 3 times and it seems that it pulls a little (like trying to get back straight) when I take a turn. I also have a pretty bold tire on the front. I'm waiting for parts to come in... so can anyone help me out with this... or is it just because I have so many parts off and making the bike off balance. If someone knows what it could be or is really experienced and wants to come over and wants to help me out just PM me and I'll give you directions... anyways Let me know people, thanks... and appreciate it

Aracheon
Tue Sep 18th, 2007, 07:33 PM
That's a hard post to follow, Sameer.

Jenny
Tue Sep 18th, 2007, 08:26 PM
If you have concerns about the frame, you need to take it somewhere they can certify it straight. Even if it is straight, if you don't know for sure, the bike will never feel "right."

DucWise
Tue Sep 18th, 2007, 08:30 PM
What Jenny said.

It could also be something as simple as wheel alignments out of whack or the forks and tripple "tweaked" a bit. Take it to a pro... it'll probably be worth the coin.

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Sep 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM
If you have concerns about the frame, you need to take it somewhere they can certify it straight. Even if it is straight, if you don't know for sure, the bike will never feel "right."
:imwithstupid: the frame isn't something you want to cut corners on

Terra
Tue Sep 18th, 2007, 08:53 PM
I believe Vickery Motorsports has a frame alignment system at their shop and IIRC they are the only game in town for that type of work...

http://www.vickerymotorsports.com/

--
Terra

UglyDogRacing
Tue Sep 18th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Contact Tony Martin at http://cycleworksusa.net/ He is located in Littleton. He has the only motorcycle frame straightening machine in Rocky Mtn region.
It is definately worth your time and money to have him check it out.

guessinthe2000
Tue Sep 18th, 2007, 09:21 PM
What Jenny said.

It could also be something as simple as wheel alignments out of whack or the forks and tripple "tweaked" a bit. Take it to a pro... it'll probably be worth the coin.

I was told something like that by someone... I can let go the handles when Im going straight and nothing... I know the sub frame is a little tweaked.. ill call some of the places you gave me to have it checked out