PDA

View Full Version : Rain Gear???

919Guy
Mon Jul 19th, 2004, 01:51 AM
Anyone have any recommendations on rain gear?

Mista Black
Mon Jul 19th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Anyone have any recommendations on rain gear?

a good nylon suit is what i've been using for years. aerostitch or road gear. i'm using the road gear now and have spent up to 6 straight hours in non-stop rain with out a single drop getting through. yes they are more expensive but you get nice benifits... like not having to stop and put it on since it's my normal riding gear anyway.

if you do opt for a real rain suit dont skimp on it. get a good one and then you'll never have to worry about it again. my dad's rain suit is probably 10 years old now and still water proof. yeah he spent over $100 for it but it's still going strong.

Zuki 12/11
Mon Jul 19th, 2004, 05:14 AM
...and if you want easy to pack, get Frogg Toggs. Light, waterproof, easy to put on. Might not last ten years but will hold up nice for close to that. I'll stress that they do pack well into tank bags...

http://www.froggtoggs.com/catalog3.html

unless you have money to burn on the "elite" series, all the rest work just as well.

Bueller
Mon Jul 19th, 2004, 05:35 AM
First Gear makes a decent suit for a good price around $60.
Hardest thing to find is a good pair of gloves.

Mista Black
Mon Jul 19th, 2004, 11:02 AM
...and if you want easy to pack, get Frogg Toggs. Light, waterproof, easy to put on. Might not last ten years but will hold up nice for close to that. I'll stress that they do pack well into tank bags...

http://www.froggtoggs.com/catalog3.html

unless you have money to burn on the "elite" series, all the rest work just as well.

actually there are some in the BMW community wearing them UNDER their riding suit to keep them in better shape. seems to work fine and still water proof.

Mista Black
Mon Jul 19th, 2004, 11:03 AM
First Gear makes a decent suit for a good price around $60.
Hardest thing to find is a good pair of gloves.

i use first gear gortex winter gloves for rain riding. they keep the fingers warm in the cool rain up here and are 100% water proof (mine are anyways)

Zang
Tue Sep 28th, 2004, 10:26 PM
I just saw an older guy today riding a Goldwing (I think) wearing a "textile" two-piece suit. I didn't catch the brand of it but it was built with impact in mind! Over the lower back (over the built-in armor area) it said Gortex. Talk about the best of both worlds... Just looking at it, it was NOT a cheap set-up. I'm guessing $5-600ish, maybe more.