PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Saddle Again!

Joe
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 02:32 AM
The longest period of time in the past 7 years that I went without a bike. Sad, I know.

OK, so I'm not officially on it yet, but the paperwork was signed Weds, and I'm heading back to Boulder Powersports today (Fri) to pick it up. So that's good enough for me. Plus, I have $300 worth of delrin heading towards my house, so I better pick it up! Including peg sliders and a carb catch can so I can do at least 1 sportsman race. Are they done for the year? I've been absent since I was a little bitter about being bikeless. Luckily the 50 kept me from throwing myself off a cliff.

I'll try not to blow this one up.

Joe

Bueller
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 05:49 AM
one more race but it is in Grand Junction. If you go you would win the champonship, no one did sportsman this year.:(

Congrats on the new bike though, you'll love it!

Joe
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 06:24 AM
Ooh, 2 weeks is plenty! Perfect timing, I don't see why I couldn't make that. Plus, that would mean that I could leave the race number on my commuter! (my bmx still has the number plate from my only race ever in '97 -- I'm that much of a poser)

Hmm, so pretty much all I have to do is drive 3 hours and NOT WRECK. That might prove to be difficult.

DavidofColorado
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 06:31 AM
Need pictures.

Bueller
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Well it is about a 4 hr. drive but he good news is you can crash, just finish at least one lap before you do. :lol:
We are probably headed out to Miller the week after that for their double header.
Next year we are really going to kick start the race series with more vendor support and promotion to try to get more people racing.
We, the current racers in conjunction with Epic Motorsports, will be holding some workshops and rider schools throughout the off season to get people on track to race next year. Stay tuned, and we will likely post up days we will be doing track days.
Check here too:
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

eklew
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 09:21 AM
Hey Joe, welcome back!

Joe
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 03:03 PM
It took me a few miles to remember that I was supposed to wave to other bikes. That thing is fun. I like how the writeups say that it is portly, so someday I'll have to ride a non-portly, because this is a heluva lot lighter than my last bikes.

Let me know when you go riding again Elden, I have quite a few weekends to make up.

swademaster
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 10:06 PM
Congrats on the new bike, Joe.
:idea:Just tell your bosses that you need time off to go riding. They'll probably go with you.

If you have any derlin left over, you want to make me some sliders?:eyebrows:

seven
Sat Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:44 PM
We're ahead of you Wade, it's already in the schedule!

krod
Sun Sep 23rd, 2007, 09:51 PM
Cool another drz to play with.