PDA

View Full Version : 06 KTM625 ... Feedback??

RayCer
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 10:53 AM
So i have a chance to buy the following bike out of state and curious on some feedback about the 625.

I will be using this mostly as a hooligan bike, hitting the twisties, and short commute.

For sale by Original owner
- ~650 miles (655 as I post this)
- Never dropped, slid, nicked, scratched, raced, abused or ridden in the rain or even on wet roads
- JD Jet Kit & removed throttle restrictor (must-do modifications for this bike)
- Removed exhaust “pea shooters”
- 16t & 17t front sprockets
- Full black plastic with pre-applied high quality graphics from Germany (“race foil” with thicker/stronger laminate - see www.race-styles.com (http://www.race-styles.com/) ). Also have original orange plastic with less than 25 miles on it.
- Sylvania SilverStar headlight (much brighter than stock)
- Cycra Pro Bend handguards with sliders
- LED clear smoked front blinkers, taillight blinker mod in rear
- Includes KTM bag, KTM toolkit, manuals, receipts and all original parts

RayCer
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 10:55 AM
Here is a pic:

Bueller
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 11:50 AM
Badhabit on here has a 625 and he likes it quite a bit, no price listed so can't say anything on that point. Can't beat the milage, LC4 is a pretty good engine, some don't care for the vibration but any thumper will vibrate.
Buy it and come race Colorado Class with us (asphalt only).
And I am liking the black plastic.

RayCer
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 12:57 PM
Its listed at $6200.00 then its gonna cost me about $500 to have it shipped.

I think it will make a fun bike for just playing around and I will probably do a couple of track days next year. I will make sure and hook up with you guys if i end up getting it!

Badhabit
Fri Sep 21st, 2007, 01:59 PM
Very nice! I'm loving the black!

If they'll do $6200 including shipping that would be a steal. I think the price is pretty good considering.

:rock:

Pork Chop
Sun Nov 4th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Did you ever buy that 625? Thats a sharp looking one no doubt.If still looking I have an 05 4 sale and I wont charge to take it to denver, Im in Nebraska now.

Buddau
Sun Nov 4th, 2007, 04:23 PM
What's the seat hight on one of those?
I like the looks of that bike.

Pork Chop
Sun Nov 4th, 2007, 09:57 PM
I could measure, its pretty adjustable, you can always crank it up or down.But Im 6 foot 4 and can either flat foot or tip toe depending on where I set the suspension at.I could measure tomorrow though when I take it back to work after lunch.

RayCer
Wed Nov 7th, 2007, 11:17 AM
The guy ended up selling it to someone local, so i didnt get it :scream1:! Now that i have seen that KTM is building the 690SMR, I think I am gonna go that route instead. Or may even consider the Husky 510 since it will be FI this year..... Choices choices!

Pork Chop
Wed Nov 7th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Well just keep me in mind.Mines got the usual scrathces from riding it around and carrying a back pack, so its far from the perfect black one.PM or e-mail if ya want anymore info.

Bueller
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 05:24 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/483369074.html

Looks too good to be true, so beware.

swademaster
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 04:43 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/483369074.html

Looks too good to be true, so beware.
Yep, fucking scammer. I thought I would ask about it. This is what he replied with.

Hello Wade,
About my 2005 KTM 625 SMC the price is $2650. First I have to let you know that the bike is located in Madrid, Spain. I've moved back here 2 months ago with my fiance, I've wanted to register it here but i found out that to register it i need to pay the VAT tax+ other registration fees that costs over 900euro. The bike has Us clear title. I will pay for the shipping back to US so you will not have to pay additional taxes, just the price for it. Rear tire is new with about 1000 miles on it. No accidents, never laid down. All maintenance is current. The bike now has 5165 miles. Please let me know if you need more pics.
I will appreciate a fast answer from your part
Kyle