PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions about some parts....

madvlad
Sun Sep 23rd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Well I've heard about gearing and well I do want to get more lower end power to wheelie because let's be realistic it's not like I take the bike past 90 mph in a regular basis. I just want to know which ways I could go with gearing kits and how much down or up in the front and the back I should go with. Also I'm looking for oil/coolant that might help the bike run cooler temperatures during those hot days and days being stuck on traffic. In traffic I run used to run at no more than 215F but now it's like it goes up to almost 230F and honestly I wouldn't want heat damage. So yea guys if you could give me your opinions and input on this I'd highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance :)

PsychoMike
Sun Sep 23rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
one down, to up with 520 conversion

jimwallace
Sun Oct 14th, 2007, 01:36 PM
all right here goes. on your gearing, you are not racing so a 520 conversion is NOT for you. it only removes weight. I believe you have a stock 530 chain. I know the weight reduction sounds great but the sprockets and chain have a shorter life. the 530 number refers to your pitch. your sprockets stock i believe are a 16 tooth front and a 43 tooth rear. to find your gearing divide the # of rear teeth by the # of front teeth. in your case stock is a 2.68 gear. for easy street riding and easy wheelstands i would suggest a gear ratio between 3.0 and 3.5 so if you replaced just your sprockets with a 15 tooth front and a 45 to 50 tooth rear. you should be pretty good to go. as for getting warmer try replacing your thermostat your radiator cap and try water wetter.