PDA

View Full Version : Riverdale Road

tl1000riders
Sun Sep 23rd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Does anyone else besides Onelocked and I cruise riverdale road? We've have gone there a few times. It's short and fun. Not bad for 5 minutes from my house. It tides me over for when I can't make it to the canyons. My favorite part is between the golf course and hwy. 7. A few good twisties and a fairly quick pace. Not to much traffic either.:alien:

Aracheon
Sun Sep 23rd, 2007, 08:35 PM
A friend of mine died there a few years back.

Riverdale scares the shit out of me... I try and stay out of there if at all possible.

tl1000riders
Sun Sep 23rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry about your friend. I can't blame you for not riding there.

Aracheon
Sun Sep 23rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
I'm sorry about your friend. I can't blame you for not riding there.

Well, it doesn't go without saying that hers and her boyfriend's death couldn't have been prevented. The autopsy showed excessive amounts of marijuana and alcohol in both their systems. The accident happened just a little bit north of Quebec - if you look on the westernly side of the road, the tree they hit has a white cross next to it.

I'm not superstitious or anything, but it just creeps me out driving or riding through the area. Great road - but because you're still dealing with farmland and a golf course (depending on where you are), you kinda have to keep a vigilant eye when coming around corners.

tl1000riders
Sun Sep 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
I agree with keeping an eye out. Usally when I go it's later at night. So not to many people out there. I will look for the cross the next time out. Again I'm sorry about your friends.:(

UnoMOTO
Mon Sep 24th, 2007, 10:39 AM
My wife and I often hit Riverdale for a quick bit of fun as it's also near our house.

tl1000riders
Mon Sep 24th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Look forward to meeting you two. Have you been to the starbucks/hooters gig on wednesdays?

swademaster
Mon Sep 24th, 2007, 06:24 PM
I get over to Riverdale Rd whenever I need to get a short ride in.

UnoMOTO
Tue Sep 25th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Look forward to meeting you two. Have you been to the starbucks/hooters gig on wednesdays?

Nope...my wife works evenings while I play Mr MOM.