PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 9/27 Ride

Vehicle 1
Wed Sep 26th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Hey,

Short notice… but I was thinking about going on a ride Thursday (9/27) in the AM. Maybe meeting at the Morrison Conoco at about 10ish.
If interested post it up or show up. If it works better to leave later, no problem, but otherwise 10:30 AM seems like a good time to start.

Cheers,

D.

awilbur77
Wed Sep 26th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Count me in... if I can manage to wake my jobless ass up in time.

fullgrownbear
Wed Sep 26th, 2007, 11:30 PM
i'll be there.

awilbur77
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Nice to meet all of you... great ride! It's always a "good" ride when there are no crashes... today was awesome though! Nothing better in my opinion than Hwy 67 to Deckers.

KawBoy
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Good roads, weather and riders. Doesn't get much better than that.

Looking forward to the next one.

Vehicle 1
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 07:22 PM
It was definitely a nice ride, lots of bugs out tho… by the time I got home I could barely see through my visor.
We need to check out JD’s Tavern sometime (Governors’ Park Tavern?), I may swing by this weekend.
By the way, got my tire changed and the bike feels better, but I still need to go for a “fast test ride” to see if the damn wobble is gone…:banghead:

See ya all soon,

D.

fullgrownbear
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Yes,

Most excellent ride. I was worried about your bike there at the end, glad to see you got it to the shop alright.

Highway 67 rules.. What a blast.

See you guys on the next one.

fgb

denverbusa
Sat Sep 29th, 2007, 06:23 AM
D- What was up with your tire? I thought you had new tires already. Did you get the part for your dampener?

I cant come out to play this weekend but I'll see ya around.

Later,
M

Vehicle 1
Sat Sep 29th, 2007, 03:25 PM
D- What was up with your tire? I thought you had new tires already. Did you get the part for your dampener?
Yeah, I did have a new tire, but I also had an old take off that had some life in it; so, I mounted it on. The problem was, that it ended up wearing very unevenly and it made the bike wobble like I had never felt before (I have ridden with old tires in the past, but I had never felt so unstable). Even with the new steering dampener that I got on wed., the wobbles were out of hand, it was horrible. Now I got the old tire changed though and it is much better.
The dampener works nicely. I cranked the pace up, and got a little agresive to test it today, and I still get a little shake at “Decker’s run” speeds; it just takes more speed to get the bike to shake.
Either way, the stability has improved; I just need to keep in mind the bike that I’m riding. For reasonable speeds, even for how I run at Pueblo, the dampener is going to be a big improvement.

By the way, we missed ya today man... see you soon.

D.