PDA

View Full Version : mHm hits the canyons!

eaheer
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Thought I would share a little video clip with you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hoRyHkQFRI

mHm hits canyons video, is about six minutes long.

Sully
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 09:50 AM
nice passing technique on the double yellow... the part where you were going 100+ is where the LEO usually sit and wait... :up:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 10:04 AM
man...you guys are fast in the straights. Gotta love the gear everyone is wearing too.

mayhem
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 10:34 AM
those are the new armor t-shirts, now available at your local retailer........

Zanos
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Ya. Nice T-shirts for the canyons... brilliant.

Bueller
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Anthony, I would think you would know better than to post that stuff here, you know no one here rides like that :lol:
Looks like you guys had fun though.

Yellow Bullet
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I didnt know you were allowed to wear a polo while riding.

Suki
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 10:46 AM
When you guys were pulling out of Hooters, were the two guys that parked in the middle of Parker there to stop traffic so you can all get out of the parking lot?

mclarke
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 10:46 AM
HOW DARE YOU RIDE AT ALL!

dchd1130
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 11:26 AM
There was 20 bikes unfortunately not everyone is wise enough to wear appropriate gear. MHM requires helmets to be part of a ride nothing else (jackets and boots are highly recommended). The video was taken by someone who rides with many of you as well. There is a wide range of rider skill. We usually split up into three groups the advanced rider in the front the intermediate in the middle and the beginners in the rear (with an advanced rider picking up the rear). There was about 8 of us on that ride that had chatterbox's so we could stay in communication. We were leaving Jillians (which is no longer open as of Tuesday I think) not Hooters.

Suki
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 11:48 AM
We were leaving Jillians (which is no longer open as of Tuesday I think) not Hooters.

My Bad, I just assumed it was Hooters because of the big red letters that spell HOOTERS on the front of that building on the left of the screen.

Sully
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 11:49 AM
:lol:.. I think you're confused because the BIG HOOTERS sign on the top of the building is at the beginning of the video on the left... :lol:

puckstr
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 11:50 AM
:lol:.. I think you're confused because the BIG HOOTERS sign on the top of the building is at the beginning of the video on the left... :lol:

The ORANGE one?

Suki
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I am easily confused by such obvious things, silly me.

But I'm still curious is that's what those two guys were doing, one was parked on the west/north (i say that because these darn Colorado streets are all curvy and shit, but technically i guess it would be considered North) bound lane (that's going towards Havanna from Yale) and one was on the southbound lane (um, towards Yale from Havanna).

so here's a diagram

YALE and HAVANNA are the |
Parker is the >>> <<<<
x's are the riders in the road

yale . .havanna
| <<<<x<<<<<< |
| >>>>x>>>>>> |

It's a shitty diagram, i know, but I'm not all artsy fartsy with drawing by using a keyboard.

Suki
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 11:57 AM
The ORANGE one?

Is it orange or red letters? lol, well i guess it is orange since they wear orange shorts, doh!

puckstr
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 11:57 AM

But I'm still curious is that's what those two guys were doing, one was parked on the west/north (i say that because these darn Colorado streets are all curvy and shit, but technically i guess it would be considered North) bound lane (that's going towards Havanna from Yale) and one was on the southbound lane (um, towards Yale from Havanna).

so here's a diagram

Parker is the >>> <<<<

yale havanna
| <<<<x<<<<<< |
| >>>>x>>>>>> |

It's a shitty diagram, i know, but I'm not all artsy fartsy with drawing by using a keyboard.

Your diagram hurts my head

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 11:59 AM

so here's a diagram

Parker is the >>> <<<<

yale . .havanna
| <<<<x<<<<<< |
| >>>>x>>>>>> |

Posers.

Suki
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 11:59 AM
lol, it hurts mine too, maybe just do an aerial shot of that intersection from google, eh?

dchd1130
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 12:09 PM
My Bad, I just assumed it was Hooters because of the big red letters that spell HOOTERS on the front of that building on the left of the screen.

Oh sure as shit. I assumed that was the ride from this weekend. I thought it was funny I didnt remember seeing anyone without a Jacket this weekend. It does appear as they are blocking traffic. I was not on that ride.

eaheer
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yes it was from Hooters. Like Danny said, one of your riders is the one that made the movie. However I was just showing that we do ride canyons also. People I do believe some of you are coming down on me/us a little hash. I was merely showing this is the type of canyon riding people do. Not everyone sits behind traffic and waits for an opening. Not everyone will go under the speed limit in a canyon ride. Come now, everyone has helmets, and I do highly recommend people wear everything else. Its there choice I am not their father, nor' am I the one to force anyone to do anything. Didn't realize until after I got a PM that you all would frown on this type of riding. Apologize to those that are upset. How about the admin of this site go ahead and just delete this topic. Didn't need or wanted to cause anymore issues here.

Suki
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Yes it was from Hooters. Like Danny said, one of your riders is the one that made the movie.

THEN HE WILL BE BANNED AS AN OUTCAST FOR TAKING PART IN SUCH CRIMES!!!!! :roll: :lol:

lol, j/k, people do what they want, that's all there is to it. I'm not going to get on someone's ass about what they wear while riding, the only one that's gonna get hurt is them, but how people ride (ie stunting on highways, wreckless riding, that sort of stuff) and using the bikes and their bodies to block traffic is something that I do frown on. But as you said, you're not their father so you can't make them not do it, but maybe as the club prez you can ask that they be respectful to other's on the road and not hold up traffic?

eaheer
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:24 PM
THEN HE WILL BE BANNED AS AN OUTCAST FOR TAKING PART IN SUCH CRIMES!!!!! :roll: :lol:

lol, j/k, people do what they want, that's all there is to it. I'm not going to get on someone's ass about what they wear while riding, the only one that's gonna get hurt is them, but how people ride (ie stunting on highways, wreckless riding, that sort of stuff) and using the bikes and their bodies to block traffic is something that I do frown on. But as you said, you're not their father so you can't make them not do it, but maybe as the club prez you can ask that they be respectful to other's on the road and not hold up traffic?You know what! I ask every single time we go ride! I also ask that they not stunt anymore on the hwy's. including my self. I do help block traffic when there is more than 20 bikes trying to scatter out on to the road. It makes good sense to help protect. When you get a lot of bikes on the road, the cagers get all frustrated and confused. You do NOT know how the heck I try to run this club, nor' do you even hear about all the communication/safety talks I have EVERY single time we ride out! I do my best I can for them. I can not change the world. Of course you and some others will NEVER agree with mHm, or their riding style. I thought it was a nice video clip, showing canyon riding and NOT stunting like you all hate so very much! Seems that I can never win here. Oh well, part of life!

Devaclis
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Bunch of fucking gear nazi's Can't just say "Hey, it would be cool if you guys wore some gear, we really don't want you to get hurt out there"? Nope, gotta act like you are the safest mother fuckers on the planet. Nice move.

King Nothing
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Gear FTL

Devaclis
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:28 PM
I am gonna go preach about the dangers of drinking and not speaking your mind and also about how stupid it is to post kittah pictures on an internet forum. I feel justified in that.

eaheer
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I wish we all had all the gear. However going at high speed wearing full leathers isn't going to save you from eating the front end of a cager. Well I my intentions of posting this video was to show us doing other things like canyon riding. Seems that some of you all just want to bitch about anything you can think of. Pick out all the flaws. Oh well such as life!

Devaclis
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I really like to pick on the people who bitch. That is my meat and potatoes. Fun vid Ant. BTW: Went to Performance yesterday and thanked the crew for their donation to the girl who got hit. I directed them to your thread about your visit. :)

Suki
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:38 PM
You know what! I ask every single time we go ride! I also ask that they not stunt anymore on the hwy's. including my self. I do help block traffic when there is more than 20 bikes trying to scatter out on to the road. It makes good sense to help protect. When you get a lot of bikes on the road, the cagers get all frustrated and confused. You do NOT know how the heck I try to run this club, nor' do you even hear about all the communication/safety talks I have EVERY single time we ride out! I do my best I can for them. I can not change the world. Of course you and some others will NEVER agree with mHm, or their riding style. I thought it was a nice video clip, showing canyon riding and NOT stunting like you all hate so very much! Seems that I can never win here. Oh well, part of life!

Anthony, I'm not bashing or ridiculing (sp) you or your members, I just asked what those two guys were doing and then just ask that if the people in your ride are doing something to irritate or annoy other's on the road to ask that they refrain from doing it.

I was AGREEING with you that you are not their father and they will do what they want and wear what they want, etc.

I'm not a gear nazi, i choose to wear my jacket, gloves and helmet, but i'm sure those that wear full gear will think i'm a fool for not wearing more. I rode to meet some friends down the street from my house and only wore my helmet and shoes (minus socks) because it was just right down the street, and i'm sure others would bash on me for that too.

So, i'm in no situation to point fingers or tell people how to dress when they ride. I just figure that with the recent 'attention' with the Alice situation that by minimizing these types of things (blocking traffic), then we can minimize the animosity that cagers have towards us.

eaheer
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I really like to pick on the people who bitch. That is my meat and potatoes. Fun vid Ant. BTW: Went to Performance yesterday and thanked the crew for their donation to the girl who got hit. I directed them to your thread about your visit. :)Thank you so very much! What did they say? I tried to plug their company on the news, seems that they, "NEWS" didn't put that on the tv. I also have a full clip of everything that happened on video. Just trying out how I can host a video clip that is like 400 megs so the world can see. Yea some people on here just like to bitch about everything. World isn't perfect nor' am I or them as well. We all do things different. The video clip I think is wonderful, hence the double yellow crossing. But as many of you already have done your self. I went on a couple CSC rides in the past. Didn't talk to anyone just went and evaluated how they ride canyons. Hell the same kind of act was done then! But since this is an mHm thing, its wrong. Well like I always say, haha such as life in the fast lane hehe!

konichd
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Nice! Good work Ant. we all know real men ride ZX-10's anyway :)

Devaclis
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:42 PM
They said that they rarely get any feedback when they donate items for stuff like this. I told them it went over VERY well and got news coverage. I also told them that she was really happy to see you guys there and that she WILL ride again. Suggested that maybe they invite her to the store so that they can sign the helmet too :)

eaheer
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Anthony, I'm not bashing or ridiculing (sp) you or your members, I just asked what those two guys were doing and then just ask that if the people in your ride are doing something to irritate or annoy other's on the road to ask that they refrain from doing it.

I was AGREEING with you that you are not their father and they will do what they want and wear what they want, etc.

I'm not a gear nazi, i choose to wear my jacket, gloves and helmet, but i'm sure those that wear full gear will think i'm a fool for not wearing more. I rode to meet some friends down the street from my house and only wore my helmet and shoes (minus socks) because it was just right down the street, and i'm sure others would bash on me for that too.

So, i'm in no situation to point fingers or tell people how to dress when they ride. I just figure that with the recent 'attention' with the Alice situation that by minimizing these types of things (blocking traffic), then we can minimize the animosity that cagers have towards us.I understand where you are coming from. It seems and if you were the to witness the road blocking. Its only from like awkward situations. We don't road block all the time. We also ride in formation on the hwy, we get all the way over the speed lane, "Left" when we get on the hwy, so we are not messing with on and off traffic on the hwys. We don't scatter all over the hwy. The whole yellow lane passing thing. We do wait until a person on a chat box goes ahead of everyone to make sure no traffic is coming. Then and only then, he calls it back to the next inline behind the cager, and waves those that do not have chatterboxes. Again I speak safety as much as I possible can. I am not mad at anyone here for their personal outlook on our riding style. Suki, you know the only wrecks I ever had was a couple blocks from my own home. So it can go either way. However I do NOT judge anyone for their riding style, nor will mHm. That is one of our other rules. Do not judge, wear your lid don't be a squid, and be kind to others. ROAD rage is not tolerated as well.

salsashark
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Seems that some of you all just want to bitch about anything you can think of. Pick out all the flaws. Oh well such as life!

ding ding ding... Gutter, tell 'em what he's won.

Don't worry, if you put up a movie showing the sky was blue some peeps here would tell you it's red just because you are who you are.

Yeah, big deal, some people ride without gear... Why should this be a surprise to anyone. Don't like it? Don't ride with them. easy as that. Your boys don't want to wear gear, fine with me... I've had the "wire brush to clean out road rash" treatment before and I know what that feels like. While I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy, it's none of my business to tell you or any other rider what they should be wearing.

Suki
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:52 PM
agreed, and quite frankly everyone has passed on a double yellow, all i have to say is "stones at glass houses" :(

eaheer
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:53 PM
ding ding ding... Gutter, tell 'em what he's won.

Don't worry, if you put up a movie showing the sky was blue some peeps here would tell you it's red just because you are who you are.

Yeah, big deal, some people ride without gear... Why should this be a surprise to anyone. Don't like it? Don't ride with them. easy as that. Your boys don't want to wear gear, fine with me... I've had the "wire brush to clean out road rash" treatment before and I know what that feels like. While I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy, it's none of my business to tell you or any other rider what they should be wearing.HAHA I hate gutter balls! When you all say not wearing gear, your stating not wearing leathers? Everyone has pants, and helmets on. Might be a couple only in shirts or hoody's not sure though? Never really looked at the video like that. DAMN GUTTER BALLS!

dchd1130
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Everyone has pants, and helmets on.

Not me I ride naked :hump:

dchd1130
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 01:58 PM
agreed, and quite frankly everyone has passed on a double yellow, all i have to say is "stones at glass houses" :(

Yeah I was going to say that earlier too. Ive been on a few CSC rides that there was passing on the double yellow but I figured I wouldn't stir the pot.

eaheer
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah I was going to say that earlier too. Ive been on a few CSC rides that there was passing on the double yellow but I figured I wouldn't stir the pot.There you go not everyone is right! Riding naked though, Ewwwwwwwww :cold: That would be cold this time of year haha!

Suki
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Yeah I was going to say that earlier too. Ive been on a few CSC rides that there was passing on the double yellow but I figured I wouldn't stir the pot.

Well we couldn't have you starting a riot in our perfect little town now could we? :lol:

I learned my lesson on passing on double yellow and almost became a hood ornament because of it, and then blamed my FZR 600 for not having enough balls or else i could have made that pass and bought a 06 GSXR 600, ha! sigh, good times.

~Barn~
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I recall being in perfect view of that near miss. You almost gave new meaning to the phrase "dead ahead".

eaheer
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Well we couldn't have you starting a riot in our perfect little town now could we? :lol:

I learned my lesson on passing on double yellow and almost became a hood ornament because of it, and then blamed my FZR 600 for not having enough balls or else i could have made that pass and bought a 06 GSXR 600, ha! sigh, good times.I have seen lots of people crash for riding on the painted lines thru the canyons. Its like ice when you are pulling G's. For the record if anyone was offended by our canyon ride video, I apologize. Seems you all are being very respectful now days. That is a great thing to see! Your opinion's are clearly noted as well.

Centrios
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Can't access youtube from work... Sounds interesting so ill have to check it out when I get home. I also don't get why ppl care so much about other ppl not wearing gear... gee-fucking-wiz.

dchd1130
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Can't access youtube from work... Sounds interesting so ill have to check it out when I get home. I also don't get why ppl care so much about other ppl not wearing gear... gee-fucking-wiz.

not that interesting its much more fun to go out and ride your self. It never looks as cool as it felt on vid

eaheer
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Well just incase that link doesn't work try this one: www.youtube.com/eaheer I also have the same clip on myspace under my videos: www.myspace.com/eaheer

Sully
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Oh yes, I'm sure we've all passed on a double yellow line, I admit I have, and I admit I speed on occasion.. but I sure in the hell don't post up a friggen video of it :roll:.... As far as your riders wearing gear, I don't give a crap... Ride on ..

puckstr
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Oh yes, I'm sure we've all passed on a double yellow line, I admit I have, and I admit I speed on occasion.. but I sure in the hell don't post up a friggen video of it :roll:.... As far as your riders wearing gear, I don't give a crap... Ride on ..

You're a REBEL Biker Chick

Devaclis
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Sully is a chick?

Sully
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 03:34 PM
no :no:... maybe a metro

mayhem
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Take it all with a grain of salt,,,,it's just fun to fuck with ppl...and as far as the gear goes, to each his own.....i was just wondering why everyone was goin so slow......:turtle::turtle:.....

eaheer
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Take it all with a grain of salt,,,,it's just fun to fuck with ppl...and as far as the gear goes, to each his own.....i was just wondering why everyone was goin so slow......:turtle::turtle:.....HAHA, now that is funny! Love the turtles icon. Yes to each it's own.

Centrios
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Well just incase that link doesn't work try this one: www.youtube.com/eaheer (http://www.youtube.com/eaheer) I also have the same clip on myspace under my videos: www.myspace.com/eaheer (http://www.myspace.com/eaheer)

BAHAHAHA im not clicking on that shit... The youtube page just doesn't load.

The myspace page gets blocked by the filter and sends a record of the unauthorized attempt to HR... :banghead:

Ill still wait till i get home...

Aracheon
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 05:45 PM
i was just wondering why everyone was goin so slow......:turtle::turtle:.....

Gravel.

dchd1130
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Gravel.

Bunch of pussies riding slow for a little gravel. :slappers:

Aracheon
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Bunch of pussies riding slow for a little gravel. :slappers:

:lol:

mclarke
Fri Sep 28th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I never speed, I always ride 1 mph under the limit.

I always wear full gear, including a metal shield to stop rocks from hitting me.

I have a roll cage, helmets just aren't safe enough.

I am a liar.

salsashark
Fri Sep 28th, 2007, 08:11 AM
I never speed, I always ride 1 mph under the limit.

I always wear full gear, including a metal shield to stop rocks from hitting me.

I have a roll cage, helmets just aren't safe enough.

I am a liar.

even before I saw that last line, this is what popped into my head :lol:

http://www.comeinandburn.com/disco/images/covers/liar_usa.gif

mclarke
Fri Sep 28th, 2007, 08:35 AM
:lol:

GixerSix
Fri Sep 28th, 2007, 09:43 AM
When they block traffic it's less then 1 min. I've been there and it was well organized, cool to see. Realistically it's SAFER because noobs don't try to keep up and cut off a speeding car. I've been on charity rides where we practically shut down the freeways! 1 min? try messing with traffic for 1 hour (Platte Canyon last year was a site to see).