PDA

View Full Version : Automatic email when posting to a thread...?

DavidofColorado
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I was wondering if that can be done? Other people have posted to threads then been asked questions and never responded. I think it would help communication as well as thought out threads to automatically subscribe to a thread if you post to it. And make it a chore to unsubscribe to it like subscribing is now.

Just a thought.

rforsythe
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 11:54 AM
There should be an auto-subscribe option somewhere in your profile settings. I'll let you explore and find it. ;)

Mel
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 08:16 PM
So....if you are just wanting to get notified of replies to a specific thread, then when you post, click "go advanced" and you will notice a box that says "Thread Subscription" under your text box. From there you can select what type of notification you want to the thread (make sure that your profile has your email address that you want used for the subscriptions). If you are wanting to be notified via email of all replies to all posts that you make, click "User CP" in the upper left corner, the select "edit options" along the left side. You can reset your default thread subscriptions there. Should you have any other questions, feel free to hit me up and I will do what I can to help out.

DavidofColorado
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the help. I thought looking around seemed like a waste of time. But if it was the only way... Now I have a directions and I feel fine.

Mel
Thu Sep 27th, 2007, 08:35 PM
hehe, as long as you feel fine. I can make ya a visio if you are that desperate for direction. :lol:

mclarke
Fri Sep 28th, 2007, 07:26 AM
:hump: DIAGRAMS!

DavidofColorado
Fri Sep 28th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I knew that I could do it with enough help and hand holding I can do anything.