PDA

View Full Version : Bike rentals? Do they have those here?

Project Sh*tbox
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 03:55 PM
It may not be bike tech, but it is bike talk. My dad is flying out to visit sometime in august I think, maybe early september. Anyway, he wanted to know if anybody out here rented bikes so he and i could go ride while he's here. I told him I had no clue, but I thought somebody here might know something.

thanks-
ASC

Anonymous
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:06 PM
We have a whole other part of the CSC ... called the main site. ;)

www.cosportbikeclub.org

Check there, we have an entire page of bike rental stuff. :D

Project Sh*tbox
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:10 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS. i didn't see that. I knew about the main site, just hadn't seen that link. thanks.

-ASC

Project Sh*tbox
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:16 PM
Ok, all I saw was the one place called "Moturis", and it looks like they don't have any sport or sport-touring bikes, unless I just don't know my model #'s. Pops just wanted to rent something similar to his son's "go fast bike". Any other leads?

-ASC

Anonymous
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:18 PM
No sportbike rental places in CO to my knowledge.

Project Sh*tbox
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:19 PM
well that's a bunch of flaming horse crap. :cussing:

Anonymous
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:21 PM
Dude have you seen half the fucktards out there riding sportbikes lately? Would YOU rent them out? The insurance on a company like that has to be beyond ridiculous.

Project Sh*tbox
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
checkmate. you got me.

Methix
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:26 PM
There is a place that I'm almost positive rents sportbikes. If you take 6th avenue west to Wadsworth, then south on Wadsworth, there is an Einstein bagels on the left side at the first stoplight. Take a left at that stop light and go past the Einstein's. I've never actually been there, but I've seen advertisements on the street pointing over in that direction with things like "Rent this bike!" on Fireblades, ZX-6Rs, etc...

Anonymous
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:40 PM
There is a place that I'm almost positive rents sportbikes. If you take 6th avenue west to Wadsworth, then south on Wadsworth, there is an Einstein bagels on the left side at the first stoplight. Take a left at that stop light and go past the Einstein's. I've never actually been there, but I've seen advertisements on the street pointing over in that direction with things like "Rent this bike!" on Fireblades, ZX-6Rs, etc...

The place you're referring to is Denver Motorcycle, and yes, they used to rent motorcycles... until they went out of business.

Methix
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:59 PM
Heh, whenever I drove by it, I always wondered how they could stay in business renting sportbikes. Now I know...

Anonymous
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 05:01 PM
They did more than just rentals - IIRC, they were a full service shop, and bought and sold bikes.

Project Sh*tbox
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 05:06 PM
so... that's still a "no" on sportbike rental in the denver area i suppose...

Anonymous
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 05:09 PM
so... that's still a "no" on sportbike rental in the denver area i suppose...
That's correct :|

lebleu
Thu Jul 22nd, 2004, 05:29 PM
http://www.tourbikes.com/bikes.html

This place supposedly has a Monster 900 for rent. I've never done business with them, though. Just found them on the net.

Project Sh*tbox
Fri Jul 23rd, 2004, 05:04 AM
well thanks. That will do nicely, if I can figure out where they are located.

-ASC