PDA

View Full Version : What rearsets do you like?

konichd
Tue Oct 2nd, 2007, 01:51 PM
I have a set of Woodcraft rearsets on my ZX-10R and they are a little to forward and high for my legs (I'm 6'-1 1/4") so I'm looking on options on other rearsets. I'm leaning towards the sato, fully adj. Valtermoto's, or the new degree VCR Gilles.
Any Opinions? :dunno:

Price is not an option, I'm rich :)

Sortarican
Tue Oct 2nd, 2007, 02:03 PM
I have a set of Woodcraft rearsets on my ZX-10R and they are a little to forward and high for my legs (I'm 6'-1 1/4") so I'm looking on options on other rearsets. ....

If I had a Kawi the only investment I'd make would be to saw the ends off a couple brooms and glue em to the frame.

I mean, you can slap lipstick on a pig.....but in the end.....it's still a pig.

J/K DK,
Even though price isn't much of a concern, try this ebayer, can't beat these prices.
http://stores.ebay.com/Narsurin-Custom-Bike-Accessories

Devaclis
Tue Oct 2nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
Sato!!!!

puckstr
Tue Oct 2nd, 2007, 02:36 PM
If I had a Kawi the only investment I'd make would be to saw the ends off a couple brooms and glue em to the frame.

J/K DK,
Even though price isn't much of a concern, try this ebayer, can't beat these prices.

:pointlaugh:

BoulderNinja
Tue Oct 2nd, 2007, 03:44 PM
Which ever hand me downs DK feels like giving me...................:drink:

VFR
Tue Oct 2nd, 2007, 03:48 PM

J/K DK,

That.......Is comedy

LOL

Airreed
Tue Oct 2nd, 2007, 07:50 PM
DK-

Sato's are fully adjustable and come in Gold for bling bling!

PsychoMike
Tue Oct 2nd, 2007, 08:20 PM
i love my satos. my highside kinda put an end to them though

Devaclis
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 07:41 AM
When you have DK money, you go with Sato.

When you have Dana money, you make your rearsets from plumbing parts found at your local Home Depot.

konichd
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
DK-

Sato's are fully adjustable and come in Gold for bling bling!

I remember having this discussion a year ago :) I really like the Sato's but the newVCR Gilles caught my eye and I can't stop starring!

AshliRider44
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
Dave liked his Racer Supply rearsets, I'm sure Mike Applehans could get some for ya.

Jenny
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:21 AM
I'm a fan of how the Satos look on the Kawasaki.

Sortarican
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:24 AM
I'm a fan of how DK looks in tight pants.:slappers:

Jenny
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
I'm unsurprised.

Sortarican
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:30 AM
I'm unsurprised.

MEOOOOOOOW

konichd
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:35 AM
I'm a bigger fan of how Jenny would look on a Kawi ;)

Black Sato's it is then

Devaclis
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
Buy 2 sets, I need some too :) I will install yours if you purchase mine!!

Filo
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:38 AM
so I'm looking on options on other rearsets. Price is not an option, I'm rich :)

My favorite rear sets come from Heidi Klum, Elle Macpherson (old school, but still good), Beyonce (for those who have a bigger trunk). It is good you have money, because all of the above mentioned suppliers will charge a lot for their rear sets. Good luck and take pictures.

AshliRider44
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
My favorite rear sets come from Heidi Klum, Elle Macpherson (old school, but still good), Beyonce (for those who have a bigger trunk). It is good you have money, because all of the above mentioned suppliers will charge a lot for their rear sets. Good luck and take pictures.

What about my rear sets? :(

:spit:

Bueller
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 12:40 PM
I think your fame has more to do with your front set.
Although the rear ain't bad

Filo
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 01:43 PM
What about my rear sets? :(

Sorry, I forgot your rear sets in my list. My bad.

jplracing
Wed Oct 3rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
David,

If you are talking about rearsets to race with, you really need to consider the what the vendors carry and what the spare part availibility is.

They can be inexpensive or expensive, but if you can't get a spare when you need it...they are worthless

Just my .02

Joe

konichd
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks Joe, these aren't for racing, just for the zx-10 to do everyday riding and head out into the canyons.

Thats why I have you hook me up on the ZX6R, its going down like a hooker! :)

12pointracing
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Dave liked his Racer Supply rearsets, I'm sure Mike Applehans could get some for ya.

Shane@The Racer Supply is no longer making those rear sets, but they are almost identical to the Woodcraft parts.

Of course my opinion is track biased, I have raced on just about all rearsets out there, and the last few years I have bought nothing but Woodcraft simply because of how sturdy they are and how most OEM pegs & levers can be swapped in if you have an incident and need to borrow a part at the track.

konichd
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I have woodcraft on my 10 and I think they throughougly suck, hence why I'm getting something else :)

counterfit zx10r
Tue Oct 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I have the Gilles on my zx10r and love them, only problem is after I low-sided, it cost just over half the price of the pair to fix a few broken parts for one side. Haven't tried the satos but I think you get better adjustability out of the Gilles, especially the newest ones.