PDA

View Full Version : How to waste $200,000+

McVaaahhh
Fri Jul 23rd, 2004, 12:50 PM
Nice car Bob...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/lambo1.jpg

Yeah, watch me powerslide through this corner...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/lambo20.jpg

Nice car Bob!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/lambo3.jpg

Methix
Fri Jul 23rd, 2004, 02:00 PM
Wow, I'd be pissed if I totaled my Ranger and it's 1/10 the cost...

~Barn~
Fri Jul 23rd, 2004, 03:56 PM
I like how the airbag went off.

another_R1
Fri Jul 23rd, 2004, 04:04 PM
i wouldnt say thats 'wasting' 200k..

if the guy had it and DIDNT put it on the track, that would be a waste..

track day..shit happens

ride hard, wreck shit, and dont look back

McVaaahhh
Fri Jul 23rd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Well he probably drove hard.

Definitely wrecked sh!t.

But he's probably looking back and saying "Damn that was a nice car, too bad I wadded it."

surfinspacegirl
Fri Jul 23rd, 2004, 06:57 PM
Well he probably drove hard.

Definitely wrecked sh!t.

But he's probably looking back and saying "Damn that was a nice car, too bad I wadded it."

If he can afford to do track days in one of those, his next thought was probably:

"Better go get another one and try that corner again."

King Nothing
Fri Jul 23rd, 2004, 07:36 PM
:cry:

Rick T.
Fri Jul 23rd, 2004, 09:29 PM
Apparently, the PORSCHE made it through. :D

German cars are IT. 8)

CAMit...
Fri Jul 23rd, 2004, 09:44 PM
Ben there, done that...

Well, actually it was a 1990 TZ250 at SCR and all I did was bend the rear brake lever and scratch the paint up...oh, and take off 2 of those zero's...

Project Sh*tbox
Sat Jul 24th, 2004, 12:40 AM
the beautiful part is that most insurance companys will laugh in your face if you wreck your ride on a race track... HA! That really is $200,000 out the window.

hrvstofsrrw
Sat Oct 30th, 2004, 07:57 PM
I like how the airbag went off.

Its not supposed to in a crash like that from what i can tell the damage was to the side ths no impact was received from the front. Front airbags only go off on cars when the there is a direct front impact or the car bottoms out basically anything involving extreme deceleration from the front. Those cars acutally have a nearly indetical airbag system to the audi a8 of the same year.

hrvstofsrrw
Sat Oct 30th, 2004, 08:08 PM
also appears that is the sv model not the vt(vicsious traction awd) hence why it probally lost its grip. Hell ya on the german car from what i can see thats a 959 probally one of the best cars ever made 700+ hp easily and awd in a light as hell midengine car. Kinda like lotus elise meets audi rs6.

RAGrote
Sun Oct 31st, 2004, 05:55 AM
OUCH!!! I bit my lip to keep from crying!! :cry: :cry:

Cyalaytr
Sun Oct 31st, 2004, 11:26 AM
i guess just cause you have the $200,000 car doesnt mean you aautomatically know how to drive it. Kudos for running it at the track instead being a puss and just driving it on sundays around town

Cleveland
Sun Oct 31st, 2004, 10:12 PM
thats a wicked long slide... imagine the point when he must have realized that he wasnt coming out of that one. my stomach feels weak just thinking about it. i bet his wallet flashed before his eyes. :P

Stuart Little
Sun Oct 31st, 2004, 10:23 PM
also appears that is the sv model not the vt(vicsious traction awd) hence why it probally lost its grip.

How exactly did you tell that from just looking at it?...just curious

Bugkiller1
Mon Nov 1st, 2004, 09:29 AM
also appears that is the sv model not the vt(vicsious traction awd) hence why it probally lost its grip.

How exactly did you tell that from just looking at it?...just curious

VT has a big decal on the side.

shmoab
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 12:47 AM
That car is still probably worth 50,000....well maybe 30,000

McVaaahhh
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:59 AM
It is a VT, you can see the badge on the back of the car.

If I had a VT I'd take that lame ass decal off the side too.

I'm thinking that yellow porsche is probably a late 90's 911 Turbo. The grille on the 959 is way different.

here's some more pics of this.

Geology Rocks
Sun Nov 7th, 2004, 10:07 PM
VT.....I believe it was actually in Atlanta. Its the final turn before the front stretch. Over the crest left hander. Back end got light on him and he spun it out. Happens all the time in the corner.

My advice? Let let up before the crest.....get over the crest and get back on it as the car settles back into the turn. OR drift that bitch all the way around the turn ass end hung way the fudge out there.

Joe