PDA

View Full Version : Ride Saturday Afternoon

tl1000riders
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Thinking about a ride Saturday afternoon. Maybe Boulder Canyon to Ned and back home. Weather permitting. Any takers?????:crazy: Around 3pm. I have to work in the morning

Sean
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I might be up for that. Although I did get my first PAC (Performance Appreciation Certificate) from a state trooper right before getting into ned at lunch today. Copper got me for 63 in a 45. Thank god I slowed down for the corner coming up. 30 seconds earlier and it could have been a lot worse.
Let me know.

Aracheon
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 07:24 PM
We on another forum are planning a ride Saturday as well - quite possibly up that direction.

Are you bringing your wife with you?

tl1000riders
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Yes I'm bringing my wife. I didn't see the other posting for that ride you're talking about. What time were you planning on leaving?

DucWise
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I'd like to tag along for an afternoon ride. Can you keep me in the loop (if you take it off the board)?

:)

dirkterrell
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I might be game for this. I need to let The Beast run loose for a bit.

Dirk

Sully
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I think @ 3 pm is when the bad weather is suppose to come in :(

Joecycle
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I'm going to head out for a ride first thing in the morning and back home by lunch. Probably the same area and canyons.

Ricky
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I'm going to head out for a ride first thing in the morning and back home by lunch. Probably the same area and canyons.

I'm totally down for the earlier ride. Not interested in getting caught in the cold front moving in on Sat afternoon.

Joecycle
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 10:58 AM
I'm totally down for the earlier ride. Not interested in getting caught in the cold front moving in on Sat afternoon.

Cool.

BTW...if this is thread jacking since it says "Sat Morning...", then bite me!:twisted:
Nah, I'll start a new thread but the afternoon ride may shift to morning based on weather.

Webman? I don't know where you're coming from. I'm in Westminster so probably a Boulder meet would work. Broadway & Table Mesa East Conoco?

DucWise
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Hmmmm... canyons or IMI. I'm tempted to ride in the high country on Sat while the weather is still decent. What sort of roads you guys planning on hitting? I'm from down south but would like to tag along for a scenic ride or two. I still don't know the area all too well... especially the northern roads.

:scatter:

onelocked
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 02:36 PM
I am down for sat afternoon, not afraid of a little cool weather, as long as the asphalt is dry I'll be there. No fair weather rider here !!! lol

Joecycle
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM
What sort of roads you guys planning on hitting?

I'm thinking some sort of canyon between estes and golden

onelocked
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 02:42 PM
There are a lot of choices maybe we should just ride up to ned across p2p and down to lyons ????

Joecycle
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM
There are a lot of choices ....

Isn't life great :yay:

DucWise
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I've never ridden, or been, to any of those places.

Yall (<--- TX word) wouldn't want to meet up a little more southward would you (not TX south)? Maybe MoCo or Golden area??

(You'd think out of 3357 CSC board members it would be easier to find folks to ride with :D)

:angel:

Joecycle
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I'd do MoCo

Centrios
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM
If some of you go sat morning I would be down. location doesn't matter to me.

konichd
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Sat at the MoCo!!!!!!!!!!!

BoulderNinja
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I am thinking about rolling out of Boulder Sat morning to do HWY 7, P2P, B. Canyon OR Cold Creek.........

Ricky
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Webman? I don't know where you're coming from. I'm in Westminster so probably a Boulder meet would work. Broadway & Table Mesa East Conoco?

I'm on the south end of thornton near where 36 & 270 & I25 & 76 all meet up, so I'd be totally game with a boulder meet.

fullgrownbear
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Ok.. So where is everyone meeting, because I might come..

tl1000riders
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I can't do Sat. morning because of work. If I wasn't working I would ride with y'all in the morning. For those of us in the afternoon are we meeting at are usual place? We can meet the other afternooners in Boulder?:turtle:

tl1000riders
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Cool.

BTW...if this is thread jacking since it says "Sat Morning...", then bite me!:twisted:
Nah, I'll start a new thread but the afternoon ride may shift to morning based on weather.

This is thread jacking!!! I know where you ride!:hump:j/k I don't mind the jacking,it seems as if it were for a worthy cause. If I didnt have to work in the morning I would join you.:bananna:

Joecycle
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I'M MAKING A DECISION! (look at me mommy :crazy:)

Morning ride. Meet in Boulder. Conoco at Table Mesa & Broadway, east side, 8ish, stands up 8:30.

(DEBATE ME IF YOU DARE...Mwuha-ha-ha-ha) no really, let me know if this works....Centrios, Webman, BoulderNinja, ShinySideUp......?

Centrios
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 04:29 PM
8:30 A bit early, only b/c it will be cooler. but im down :slappers:.

Shinny, ill see if I can't bring a copy of those pictures for ya.

DucWise
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Bleh... 8:00 in Boulder and it's at least an hour away :cry:

Have no idea where anything in Boulder is either. Table Mesa & Broadway... I'll see what Google has to say about that.

:|

onelocked
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Screw that early morning crap!!! I thought this thread said Saturday AFTERNOON ! Anyway for the more literate crowd I am down for the usually meeting pace in the AFTERNOON let me know what time.

Ohh and if I offended any of you... bite me !!!! LOL be safe

Centrios
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Screw that early morning crap!!! I thought this thread said Saturday AFTERNOON ! Anyway for the more literate crowd I am down for the usually meeting pace in the AFTERNOON let me know what time.

Ohh and if I offended any of you... bite me !!!! LOL be safe

Were Illiterate? Did you miss the thread jacking comments :slap: :roll:

Sean
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 06:01 PM
let me know if this works....Centrios, Webman, BoulderNinja, ShinySideUp......?

How the hell did I get dragged into riding with you and yo nekked SV? Every freakin ride there is at least one of you guys!

I'll have to figure some stuff out tonight. Supposed to werk 7-3:banghead:....but...cough...cough. Come to think of it, maybe I have a cold all of a sudden? Maybe I can't go into work? :slappers:

We'll see. Do we have a set run? If I can get back early enough I'll hit it.

Centrios
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
How the hell did I get dragged into riding with you and yo nekked SV? Every freakin ride there is at least one of you guys!

I'll have to figure some stuff out tonight. Supposed to werk 7-3:banghead:....but...cough...cough. Come to think of it, maybe I have a cold all of a sudden? Maybe I can't go into work? :slappers:

We'll see. Do we have a set run? If I can get back early enough I'll hit it.

Who are you kidding. Your coming and you know it. :hump:

UglyDogRacing
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Bleh... 8:00 in Boulder and it's at least an hour away :cry:

Have no idea where anything in Boulder is either. Table Mesa & Broadway... I'll see what Google has to say about that.

:|

Jack- I will be riding at 8am tomorrow if you want to come along.

Aracheon
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I've decided against Saturday afternoon. That's when the weather is moving in. Fuck that. I'll be at MoCo at 8am. :D

Nick_Ninja
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Leaving Boulder @ 9:00 AM. Breakfast at the P.I. in Ned @ 9:30 :twisted:

fullgrownbear
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Saturday Afternooner's...

where are we meeting?!?

Moco? Boulder? Where? Address, specifics!

Sean
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Is this like a triple thread jacking for rides? We even have rider jacking's. The one Duc may be persuaded away! ha, ha, ha! Sorry tl1000riders!

swademaster
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I might be there In Boulder for the 8:30 ride. Haven't decided yet. Don't wait if I'm not there.

Joecycle
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 09:20 PM
wanna make it 8:30 and leave at 9. I'm up for whatever......as long as there's riding involved.

...and Shiny, we all know you can't miss a nice ride :)

DucWise
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Jack- I will be riding at 8am tomorrow if you want to come along.

Heading out from Littleton area? Just let me know when and where (if you see this msg) :yes:

Otherwise I guess it's a long haul up north.

:crazy:

Ricky
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 10:06 PM
wanna make it 8:30 and leave at 9. I'm up for whatever......as long as there's riding involved.

...and Shiny, we all know you can't miss a nice ride :)

The 9am leave sounds perfect. And so does breakfast in Nederland :) Damn, talk about triple or possibly even quadrouple threadjacking!

So, Conoco at Table Mesa & Broadway @8:30am to leave @9am

kickass

Ricky
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Heading out from Littleton area? Just let me know when and where (if you see this msg) :yes:

There's usually people at MoCo (Morrison Conoco) on saturday and sunday around 8:30. That's closer to you.

Centrios
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 10:08 PM
The 9am leave sounds perfect. And so does breakfast in Nederland :) Damn, talk about triple or possibly even quadrouple threadjacking!

kickass

Ill see you guys there.

Danjo
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 11:16 PM

I'm in the Littleton area and meeting at the Conoco in Morrison.

tl1000riders
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Afternooners Phillips 66 @ 104th and washington? This works for me so let me know. Damn thread jackers anyway.:vader:

tl1000riders
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 01:16 AM
So long as everyone is riding the thread jacking is cool. Be safe and have a great ride.

fullgrownbear
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 05:39 AM
tl1000, that works for me.

what time?

Aracheon
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 06:35 AM
I'm in the Littleton area and meeting at the Conoco in Morrison.

Morning? I'll cya there.

Afternooners Phillips 66 @ 104th and washington? This works for me so let me know. Damn thread jackers anyway.:vader:

Don't make me come over there and break out a video. :D

Danjo
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 06:47 AM
[quote=Aracheon;228990]Morning? I'll cya there.

Yes, morning. And about that...what time? On the webs "weekly rides" listings it states Saturday meeting are at 9:30 but I saw another post that said they meet closer to 8:30....what time?

Nick_Ninja
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 07:19 AM

kickass

T-Mesa @ B-way @ 8:30 ------- The Conoco on the South East corner.

Danjo
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Morrison Conoco.....830?

Sean
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Well, it's 7:30 and i'm at work. blah, I'm such a responsible fool! All you morning people have a great ride. Even if you have to ride with an S"wanna"V (he, he, he!)

And' I'll meet up with the afternooners today. I'll give onelocked a call (or vice versa) and meet up with ya when you get closer to Boulderish.

Everybody ride safe!

Nick_Ninja
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Morrison Conoco.....830?

Boulder CONOCO @ 8:30

Sean
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I need to let The Beast run loose for a bit.

Dirk
I'm not really sure what you mean by this? But I'm a little scared that it's a euphemism for something else?:shocked: Maybe you should be sure to go with morning ride?

dirkterrell
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I'm not really sure what you mean by this? But I'm a little scared that it's a euphemism for something else?:shocked: Maybe you should be sure to go with morning ride?

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

"The Beast" is my 1985 Honda VF1000R. It's a collector bike so I don't ride it too much but I like to take it out a couple times a month to keep everything in shape. No need to be scared.

Dirk

onelocked
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Thats funny Shiny I thought the same thing (Dirk I am sure thankfully you cleared that up cause I was a little worried about you letting the "Beast run lose" ). Anyway its great right now hope it lasts a bit longer, shiny we can meet you in Boulder if you would like just let me know what works for you.

onelocked
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 09:53 AM
btw that should say thankfull instead of thankfully.....oops

onelocked
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Chris you have all the gear for cold weather so whats your excuse???? Hope you have a safe ride. Enjoy

onelocked
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Dirk, if your up for the afternoon ride we can meet in Broomfield at our usuall spot if that works for you??

Sean
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Any Boulder afternooners, I am meeting up at the shell station (don't hate b/c it's not a Conoco!) on canyon and 15th @ 3:30 with onelocked, tl1000riders and a couple others fo sho. Others welcome to jump on.

I can't wait, work sucks!

dirkterrell
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Dirk, if your up for the afternoon ride we can meet in Broomfield at our usuall spot if that works for you??

Sure, I can do that. Sounds like it's 3:30 at the Shell in Boulder, so 3pm at Starbucks?

Dirk

tl1000riders
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Looks like I am stuck at work and won't be able to make the 3:30 ride. Sorry.:cry:

dirkterrell
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Jeff, it just occurred to me that you might have meant the Shell at 287 and 36. That's actually closer since we're heading into Boulder.

Mike, bummer you and Stephanie can't make it. :(

Dirk

Sean
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Got a call from Jeff (onelocked) he's out of the ride too. So both onelocked and tl1000rides cannot make it. I'm still going. And Dirk if you want to go as well, I'd love to run with the beast!!!!!

I'll be at the Boulder shell (15th and canyon) at 3:30, I'lll hang for 15, if no one shows, I'll still go. Otherwise, anyone can show.

Hope everybody's ride went safely!

dirkterrell
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 01:35 PM
I'm still going. And Dirk if you want to go as well, I'd love to run with the beast!!!!!

Ok, Castro and I will be there at 3:30.

Dirk

onelocked
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 01:51 PM
MY childcare fell through and as of this time I have not been able to find a replacement, have calls out to some other sources but no replies as of yet. Hopefully my luck will change but cannot commit to anything. Dam it sure is nice out! BTW sounds like we had a biker down on the A.M ride I hope he is doing O.K. please if anybody hears of him needing anything keep me posted. P.M riders do not follow suit....... be safe and if I am not there I hope you have fun but not too much fun !!!! LOL

tl1000riders
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Sorry I couldn't ride today. We had three guys leave early today. That meant there wasn't anyone who could cover for me.
That sucks about the rider down in a.m. ride. Hope all is well with him and his family.:)

Sean
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Safe and sound with nobody needing any new paint jobs or medical co pay's. It was beautiful except for all of the darn cagers. Don't they realize it's more fun for me when they get out of my way? Thanks for the ride guys!

Aracheon
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Chris you have all the gear for cold weather so whats your excuse???? Hope you have a safe ride. Enjoy

I just don't like riding in the wind that precedes a storm. ;)

Today's ride definitely could have been much better. I'm still a little freaked out. But - I did get home in time to get most of my track prep stuff done to the bike, along with replacing my crushed brake line. The only things left to do are to re-flush the water/water wetter with new stuff, put the fairings on, and load her into the truck. :)

onelocked
Sat Oct 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Chris I was just messing with ya. I would be freaked out too, glad to hear the rider did not get seriously injured and really glad it wasn't you....who else could provide such quality videos at our weekly Starbucks/Hooters meets???