PDA

View Full Version : Need some help...?

SionaW
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 09:57 PM
I have a Suzuki SV650 that has fuel backing out of the rear carburetor and out of the air vent hose. Anyone experience this?

King Nothing
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 10:01 PM
May I suggest asking over at SVRider.com? If you don't want to make a log in, I can post up for you.....

The GECCO
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Sounds like a float that's stuck open. You need to take the float bowl off and clean it out, you'll also be able to remove the float itself and clean the needle and seat.

King Nothing
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Sounds like a float that's stuck open. You need to take the float bowl off and clean it out, you'll also be able to remove the float itself and clean the needle and seat.Damn it! I was going to suggest that, but because I really don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, i felt it would be wiser to defer to the tech swamis. :)

SionaW
Thu Oct 4th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Sounds like a float that's stuck open. You need to take the float bowl off and clean it out, you'll also be able to remove the float itself and clean the needle and seat.
Thanks, been a while since I have taken a carb apart...guessing bad fuel might be the cause of sticky float?

Brat
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 07:55 AM
bad fuel did somthing similar to my bike. i did a rebuild and put in fuel filters.

The GECCO
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 03:52 PM
When you say bad fuel, I'm thinking old fuel (?) While anythings possible, I would think you would see other symptoms long before fuel varnished enough to cause float problems. *IF* it is a float problem most of the time it's because there is a very small piece of dirt/grit/whatever that has lodged on the needle seat. The pressure the float exerts on the needle/seat is pretty minimal so it doesn't take much to defeat the seal. Usually getting it cleaned out is enough to solve the problem, rarely does either the needle or seat need to be replaced.

Sortarican
Fri Oct 5th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Quick fix, rap the bowl with a screwdriver handle.
Sometimes that's all it takes to free it up.(Temporarily)

Long term fix, clean out the bowl, needle, and seat.