PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Motorsports -SUCK\

ihavealegohead
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Anyone have any trouble with GPM?

I made an appointment to get a 4k service and a stock part of the bike replaced for last Friday. As I was away last week in NY, I dropped it off Monday and said to get it done by Friday. Call me if any problems..

So they call me Friday to tell me they don't have the part. WTF? You had the bike for a week, you knew you had to do a 4k service and spend 15min replacing a bar, and you didn't order the part till Friday !!?!?

Devaclis
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Dude!!!! You should have talked to me first. I have some things to say about GPM.

Devaclis
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 03:12 PM
oh, if they tell you a part will be in on Friday, and they even give you a FEDEX/UPS tracking number, the part will be in around December sometime. I promise you this.

TheStig
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I bought my bike there and they barely gave me enough gas to get home...

Sortarican
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 03:13 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9990&highlight=grand+prix

ihavealegohead
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Dude!!!! You should have talked to me first. I have some things to say about GPM.

Yea -- well the 4k is prepaid maintenance by the previous owner (I'd rather do my own work)..

Next job: I need to find someone who can work a dyno (that'll be bext season though)

Devaclis
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I go to Grand Prix to empty the litter box.

konichd
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I would still buy a bike from them. Just no parts (take way too long, order wrong parts, order parts I didn't even order) and no service (wrong oil, oil all over the underbelly of my bike) etc.

It was so bad the owner actually stepped up and reimbursed me for my mantenance plan! :)

TheStig
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 03:18 PM
So I need to take my sv in soon for the 1k service, where should I take it?

puckstr
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 03:18 PM

You never have to empty the litter box if you get a dog.

Dogs think it is "Almond Rocca"
http://www.boydscoffeestore.com/beverage/product-details/almondRocca.jpg

ihavealegohead
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 03:19 PM

My back tire is almost done -- I'll have to go back and finish in style. Wonder if I can spell "you suck" before it pops!?

ihavealegohead
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Well !! They just called and the part is installed on the bike !! I wonder if this post helped at all?

Took an extra week... Sigh..

Hmm.. new tires next season... GPM or ?

Atmosphere
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 04:22 PM
RPM got the two parts I have ordered in within 2-3 days.

Slightly overpriced though.

madvlad
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Yea GPM has definitely lost my business. I called to ask if they had a KNN air filter for my cousin's bike and they tell me yes they do, so I go to pick up the air filter and I get there and they don't have it..... great lol, then for past experiences it was with my stator cover for the gixxer, I went in on a friday and asked them if the part could be here by saturday and they told me yes guaranteed tomorrow morning-ish. Then I called in the morning and they tell me "We don't have shipping on saturdays"..... man that pissed me off. I did however get my money back for the shipping and like 20% off the stator cover.... and I've also noticed that they're really expensive

InlineSIX24
Thu Oct 11th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I would either go to TFOG or Supertune for service/tires.

Devaclis
Fri Oct 12th, 2007, 07:55 AM
TFOG FTW!!!!!

Sully
Fri Oct 12th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Or go to TK/Faster Motorsports... they are also sponsors for the 2008 CSC Calendar :up: ....

konichd
Fri Oct 12th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Bill, the owner of Grand Prix, is actually a very nice guy, he supports charities (R2SL) etc. and when I talked to him I believe he's truley trying to provide a better environment.

With that said, it doesn't seem like much has changed. I use to go in there every weekend and drop some money on parts, accessories, etc. but the service has been sub-standard to say the least. Tracy (in parts) is one hell of a guy, too bad other's don't follow his lead :(

I still buy my oil and filters there, more of a reason to stop in and see whats going on more than anything. Hopefully Bill (who is a member) will read this and start to correct come of these problems.

Sully
Fri Oct 12th, 2007, 08:17 AM
honestly DK.. how long has it been that you've had problems and nothing has been corrected.. ? You're very optimistic .. :applause:

konichd
Fri Oct 12th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Keepin' it positive baby! ;)

Devaclis
Fri Oct 12th, 2007, 08:20 AM
That would be nice. The place is VERY close to my house and 1 or 2 of the parts guys are awesome. If the service guys had a more customer service oriented attitude instead of acting like I was interrupting their perfect day by brining in my bike I may go back.

The sales guys are the best part of that store.

Since I buy all of my bikes from personal sellers, and I do all of my own work (except tires, thanks TFOG!!), and get most of my parts online, I have no use for a store that appears to try very hard to chase me away.

UglyDogRacing
Fri Oct 12th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Have any of you, which have had issues with Grand Prix, ever actually asked to speak to a manager or the owner? I know for fact that the owner, Bill Comegys, is very interested in hearing your complaints/concerns and correcting the situation.

This is from Bill on a previous post-

I am here to say we are owner owned and operated and you can bring any issue to me and I will resolve it. My direct line is 303 532 2940. Tony Hayter is the sales GM his direct line is 303 532 2923. Thanks, Bill

pilot
Sat Oct 13th, 2007, 09:07 AM
RPM got the two parts I have ordered in within 2-3 days.

Slightly overpriced though.Yah, but you pay a premium for the "counter girls" at that place.

Have any of you, which have had issues with Grand Prix, ever actually asked to speak to a manager or the owner? I know for fact that the owner, Bill Comegys, is very interested in hearing your complaints/concerns and correcting the situation.

This is from Bill on a previous post-Agreed, 100%

Devaclis
Sat Oct 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM

This is from Bill on a previous post-

Yes, and nothing has changed. I am sure Bill is a great guy! His staff is what I have issue with.

pilot
Sat Oct 13th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Yes, and nothing has changed. I am sure Bill is a great guy! His staff is what I have issue with.I wish you the best in finding resolution to this matter.

Nick_Ninja
Sat Oct 13th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I stopped in there for a turn signal bulb for my ZZR. They didn't have it in stock. Lame.

CoPilot
Sat Oct 13th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I wish you the best in finding resolution to this matter.

I wish everyone the best, too!

pilot
Sat Oct 13th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I stopped in there for a turn signal bulb for my ZZR. They didn't have it in stock. Lame.It took me three automotive stores to find that Euro bulb.

I wish everyone the best, too!The power of positive thinking! Too bad more folks don't have your wonderful outlook on life. Keep thinking good thoughts.

MUSHMEAT
Sat Oct 13th, 2007, 08:34 PM
The Hot Dogs are cheap outside Grand Prix, I go there to browse new bikes and eat a dog. not much more

GixerSix
Sun Oct 14th, 2007, 11:35 AM
My back tire is almost done -- I'll have to go back and finish in style. Wonder if I can spell "you suck" before it pops!?

Dunlops suck, they burn up quick. And while GPM has "half-off" you still pay about the same amount, I just picked up a rear Qualifier for $215. I only did this to match the front (I hit a nail in the road and the tires were new, argh!). If I had to get two new tries I'd do the Pilot Power CT2s, or Metzler M3s (tread much deeper then Qualifiers).

GixerSix
Sun Oct 14th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Anyone have any trouble with GPM?

I made an appointment to get a 4k service and a stock part of the bike replaced for last Friday. As I was away last week in NY, I dropped it off Monday and said to get it done by Friday. Call me if any problems..

So they call me Friday to tell me they don't have the part. WTF? You had the bike for a week, you knew you had to do a 4k service and spend 15min replacing a bar, and you didn't order the part till Friday !!?!?

It usually takes like 10 freaking days to get parts, seen it at Fay Meyers as well. So I don't know if it's the shops fault or if parts distributors really take that LONG? Plus like you said it doesn't help that they take a few days to "diagnose" and finally order it. As far as Grand Prix in general I don't really trust them for any serious work beyond tires. While in line getting tires an ATV customer came up complaining about t-case oil leaking all over his truck and flag stone. I've personally seen some shotty work done to my bike but I don't know if it was them or Fay because I didn't check the bike in between.

I guess what it comes down to is Quality Control and the big shops don't have it.

TheStig
Sun Oct 14th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I had really good customer service when I bought my bike, but I was also buying a bike lol.

Also what is TFOG? New to motorcycle shops in this area.

InlineSIX24
Sun Oct 14th, 2007, 05:46 PM
http://www.tfogracing.com/

King Nothing
Sun Oct 14th, 2007, 05:49 PM
http://www.tfogracing.com/

King Nothing
Sun Oct 14th, 2007, 05:50 PM
DAMN! you beat me by 3 seconds! :lol:

InlineSIX24
Sun Oct 14th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I'm just on my game today... I'm thinking of starting a gunfight w/ someone at high noon tomorrow..
:lol: :guns:

Κανελλόπουλος
Wed Oct 17th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I'm sorry to hear that there are a few of you that have had bad experiences with Grand Prix. I've only worked there for a few months but I really enjoy my job with them and there are some really good people that work there. I don't want to argue about past experiences I just wanted to let you know that if you need something from there you can always let me know. I've met some really cool people through CSC and I'd do what I can for any of ya if you were in the shop. And if I don't know exactly what you're looking for (because I'm still learning) I'll make sure to find out from someone who knows! :)

pilot
Thu Oct 18th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Thank you, Tim. I appreciate the effort you and the rest of the staff at Grand Prix put in.

ihavealegohead
Thu Oct 18th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I'm sorry to hear that there are a few of you that have had bad experiences with Grand Prix. I've only worked there for a few months but I really enjoy my job with them and there are some really good people that work there. I don't want to argue about past experiences I just wanted to let you know that if you need something from there you can always let me know. I've met some really cool people through CSC and I'd do what I can for any of ya if you were in the shop. And if I don't know exactly what you're looking for (because I'm still learning) I'll make sure to find out from someone who knows! :)

Thanks Tim!

Bike was back last week, 4k service looks fine, no new scratches, etc. Due to the lateness however I'm giving them a 6 out of 10.

D Berns R6
Wed Oct 24th, 2007, 12:12 PM
As a sponsored road racer from Grand Prix I have my 2 cents...yes everybody is not perfect and no Bill can't please everyone. If you do have a problem, don't just bad mouth them over a forum, go in a talk to Bill, Tracy, or Chris. I have had multiple problems at Grand Prix, even as a sponsored rider, but when you talk to them and let them know, they will figure it out and fix it even if it takes forever. You will see this in any business, and it is nothing new. If you don't like it that's fine, but don't sit here bad mouthing them if you haven't even talked to them. If you have, and they still haven't helped you, which is not likely to happen, then I guess you have somewhat of a legitimate reason. I guess all I am saying is Grand Prix has had their problems, same with all other organizations in this country, just be a man and talk to them, don't BS over a forum. If you talk to them, it is more than likely they will fix your problem. I know I'm repeating my self but there's my 2 cents....They have been nothing but good to me.

ihavealegohead
Wed Oct 24th, 2007, 01:29 PM
As a sponsored road racer from Grand Prix I have my 2 cents...yes everybody is not perfect and no Bill can't please everyone. If you do have a problem, don't just bad mouth them over a forum, go in a talk to Bill, Tracy, or Chris. I have had multiple problems at Grand Prix, even as a sponsored rider, but when you talk to them and let them know, they will figure it out and fix it even if it takes forever. You will see this in any business, and it is nothing new. If you don't like it that's fine, but don't sit here bad mouthing them if you haven't even talked to them. If you have, and they still haven't helped you, which is not likely to happen, then I guess you have somewhat of a legitimate reason. I guess all I am saying is Grand Prix has had their problems, same with all other organizations in this country, just be a man and talk to them, don't BS over a forum. If you talk to them, it is more than likely they will fix your problem. I know I'm repeating my self but there's my 2 cents....They have been nothing but good to me.

I agree 100%! However by the time I found out it was already to late to get the part. I.e. they called me on Friday when the bike was supposed to be done to tell me it would take another 10 days. My response was WTF!! It shouldn't of been my responsibility to call them on Tuesday before to make sure they had the part, oil and staff to do the bike on the Friday.

My original post was to get feedback good or bad. Seems there are some good and some bad experiences out there. Have they lost me as a customer ? Probably not. Am I going to check out new places to get my work done? For sure.

dchd1130
Wed Oct 24th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I agree 100%! However by the time I found out it was already to late to get the part. I.e. they called me on Friday when the bike was supposed to be done to tell me it would take another 10 days. My response was WTF!! It shouldn't of been my responsibility to call them on Tuesday before to make sure they had the part, oil and staff to do the bike on the Friday.

I don't know what your situation is/was. I have a similar business though. In my business we give an approximate time when we will be able to work on the machine ie. 7-10 days (depending on current work load). At that point we work on the machine. If all parts that are needed are in stock then the machine is finished right then and the customer is called. If parts are needed that are not in stock we order them and they can take anywhere from 1-14+ days depending on the vendor. We rarely order parts prior to the mechanic working on it, because in many cases more stuff is needed then what we see at the front counter. The other issue many of the bike shops (particularly the big ones) face is its a seasonal business. Its hard to keep good help employed through the winter and it is hard to hire temporary help during the summer that is worth anything. For a smaller shop like TFOG it is easier for them to check out a bike when it comes in and get all of the correct parts on order then. It is more then likely the same person checking you in will be the person working on it. For a large shop like GPMS its not as easy. The person who checks you in isn't working on the bike and probably cant look up the parts. The mechanics are kept busy turning wrenches all the time.

This probably doesn't help you any, but I just wanted to put it out there. Some people already understand how it works, but I know some people don't have a clue. In an ideal world (for the consumer) the shops would have everything in stock and never have to order anything. Unfortunately thats not really feasible.

ihavealegohead
Wed Oct 24th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I don't know what your situation is/was. I have a similar business though. In my business we give an approximate time when we will be able to work on the machine ie. 7-10 days (depending on current work load). At that point we work on the machine. If all parts that are needed are in stock then the machine is finished right then and the customer is called. If parts are needed that are not in stock we order them and they can take anywhere from 1-14+ days depending on the vendor. We rarely order parts prior to the mechanic working on it, because in many cases more stuff is needed then what we see at the front counter. The other issue many of the bike shops (particularly the big ones) face is its a seasonal business. Its hard to keep good help employed through the winter and it is hard to hire temporary help during the summer that is worth anything. For a smaller shop like TFOG it is easier for them to check out a bike when it comes in and get all of the correct parts on order then. It is more then likely the same person checking you in will be the person working on it. For a large shop like GPMS its not as easy. The person who checks you in isn't working on the bike and probably cant look up the parts. The mechanics are kept busy turning wrenches all the time.

This probably doesn't help you any, but I just wanted to put it out there. Some people already understand how it works, but I know some people don't have a clue. In an ideal world (for the consumer) the shops would have everything in stock and never have to order anything. Unfortunately thats not really feasible.

That might be true. I had a lowering kit removed. If they don't what what part they need someone needs to find a job. Being stupid is not an excuse.