PDA

View Full Version : Beginer Bike?

menace
Sat Apr 5th, 2003, 05:48 PM
I've been riding dirt bikes for the last 4 years and I am getting a sportbike this summer. What is a good beginners bike (something I wont be sick of in 1 year either)? I will mainly be riding on the streets but i am also going to race. I have been looking at the R6 and F4i. I sat on the kawi 600 and gixxer 600 and didnt like the riding positions at all. any suggestions?

Hoopty
Mon Apr 7th, 2003, 11:25 AM
I would have to suggest an SV650S, it's a bit more comfortable than the other bikes mentioned, and it makes great low end power for the track and around town. They are also considerably cheaper than the 600's you mentioned. If you're looking for a bike with heartstopping acceleration, this bike isn't for you, but it makes an awesome beginner bike, that's for sure. If you ride a Thumper this bike will fit you like a glove! :D I've had this bike for about 2 years now, I've done several track days and plan to race it next season. I put on over 25,000 miles on her so far, and I still love it to death. This is my second streetbike BTW, I used to have a CBR600 before this one.

Big-J
Mon Apr 7th, 2003, 12:55 PM
IMO, I wouldnt get a new bike if it's your first!! You should go with an older model 600 or like Hoopty said get an SV, you could get one pretty cheap. The reason why I say this is because if you go down on an older bike, it's cheaper to repair(if repairable) and you will not be as worried about scratching it up a bit. If you are goanna race, you are goanna have to ride on the track, and you will most likly dump it at one point or another. It just doesnt make sence to buy a new bike the first time. If you are loaded and have money to blow, buy a new bike!!!!