PDA

View Full Version : battery?

Richard
Wed Oct 24th, 2007, 10:41 AM
does anyone know what's a good battery to use?

i know what C.C.A means, but what's Amp/Hr? does that mean it puts out "X" amps an hour?

There was an everstart in my G1K when i bought it, it has 180 cca and 10 amp/hr

My 750 has an OEM battery with 120 cca and 8 amp/hr

is more amp/hr better? should i leave the 1000 battery in the 750? or should i buy a 120 cca and 8 amp/hr battery for the 750?

If I'm going to leave the 1000 battery in the 750 whats a good battery to get for the 1000? or are they all pretty much the same just different price.

The_Jackel
Thu Oct 25th, 2007, 10:47 AM
You can leave the bigger battery in the 750 as long as the charging system can fully charge that larger battery. After you ride it for a while make sure its charge percentage is above 95% that means you charging system can handle and fully charge the larger battery. If it is below put a smaller battery in it as your charging system cant fully charge it.

Not all batterys are the same typically the maintenance free and high performance maintenance free offer around 30% more cranking amps then standard batterys. Also most likely to have a longer factory warranty and you will get overall more life out of that battery then others. This is why these batteries are more costly.
If you need any other help or a good price one we can take care of you!

"Battery capacity is measured in ampere-hours (amp-hours). In rough terms, a 100 amp-hour battery can give out 1 amp for 100 hours, or 100 amps for one hour, or 20 amps for 5 hours." -Another site.

Richard
Thu Oct 25th, 2007, 01:19 PM
whats a good brand of battery?

The_Jackel
Thu Oct 25th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Yuasa and decker are some of the best, bikemaster isnt to bad either. But there are plenty out their that are decent.

jimwallace
Fri Oct 26th, 2007, 08:37 AM
carquest aka ssr autoparts carry batteries that are actually made by yuasa but theyre not labeled yuasa therefore a lot cheaper but very good.

Richard
Fri Oct 26th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Yuasa and decker are some of the best, bikemaster isnt to bad either. But there are plenty out their that are decent.
Thanks I'm going to pick a Yuasa from rocky mountain cycle for 65.99 they have them in stock. everywhere else is about 44.88 - 95.00 for other name brands and rocky mountain has a military discount.

carquest aka ssr autoparts carry batteries that are actually made by yuasa but theyre not labeled yuasa therefore a lot cheaper but very good.
carquest said they dont stock batteries, but they can order.

The_Jackel
Fri Oct 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Check PM