PDA

View Full Version : Sun Honda

BlueDevil
Mon Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:31 AM
Well I would have never guess Sun would be a negative experience. Ill try to be brief. My mother calls me up and says to meet her there for she is buying a new bike for my fathers Bday and a scooter for herself. Since she had already talked with Mark K. for a bit I wasnt going to tell her I have a guy we deal with. He was on vacation anyway. So we are looking at 2 diff cruisers and he of coure says he is unable to cut any money off the price of the ones we are looking at cause they have little mark up. They have an 03 new left on the lot and wanted retail for it. I advised my mother to reqst the retail price OTD taxes and all for the quoted retail price. This was to me more than fair when the 05's just came out and U can get an 05 for the same price.

None the less he said no and my mother still wanted a bike and a scooter to go with it. So a multiple sale and he wouldnt budge on either price. Even after I offered to buy a pit bike (dirt bike) as well. After sitting in the chair in his office for near 3 hrs with out signing a thing yet, I over hear a sales man on the phone next to us. He offered on the phone the 05 deluxe silver edition for 5050.00 OTD. Not only was this an 05 but the higher model than the one we were looking at.

When Mark returned I was about to go bizerk in the office. I gave him a chance to explain first and he sputtered all over his words and had no explanation. I asked Y a sales guy next to him can deal on these bikes and he can not? Buh Buh I dont know his terms he says. I rambled off his terms as he had stated on the phone and the guy near turned completly red. I told the guy if he wanted our biz there was gonne be a nice helmet in the deal or something now....
My mom slid her cell number across the table and said call me when U straighten this out.

5 mins later he calls apologizing up side down and back again and offers a helmet for free if she returns to buy both items. She decided she doesnt want to give him more money then needed and only buys the bike since my Dads Bday was the next day and it was already closing time. When I get there to pick up the bike he is all friendly like my best bud in the world....Idiot! He loads the bike up and as fast as I can open my mouth he was gone in a flash...... WHERE is the helmet U ask? So do I. I go in to track him down and throw a fit and get the helmet. He is no where to be found. Not a trace. I grab his card and off I go. Ill be calling his boss later today I think. Amazing how 1 lie can bite him in the a$$ and how 1 sales guy can make your already good oppinion of a dealer go south. There was some more details in there but Ill keep is brief.

Rick T.
Mon Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:03 AM
What an ASS. He tried to milk you and you mom for all you got...

Plain and simple - I HATE salemen (cars, bikes, you name it...) - but then again that's the way they make a living... it's just a shame its based solely on deciept and trickery.

BlueDevil
Mon Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:07 AM
Its a shame that this is what causes the negative oppinion that consumers have of sales people. I was in sales a long time and never did this crap. There are a lot of good honest sales but its a shame the few that arent hurt the industry so badly.

vtr1000rider
Mon Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:56 AM
I bought my '02 Superhawk there and the only reason I bought it was I went in already having a price with the sales guy.

Plan and simple if you go in looking your done. If you go in with a price in mind for a speicifc bike then you can get the terms you want!

Pachuco
Mon Aug 2nd, 2004, 10:09 AM
Ya that about sums it up for SUN. My cousin went there to get a ATV after about 3 hrs of BS we left. He then went to FAY Meyers and bought the same one for cheaper and within about an hour. Plus he got a helmet and other items thrown in to the deal. He told both places he was paying cash for the full amount. But SUN wouldn't budge on anything. SUN had the audacity of calling him a week later asking him to come in a try finishing the deal, he told them to F&^* themselves he already bought one. They told him they he had already made a tentative deal with them. He was like NO I didn't sign anything. Freaking idiots. I hate SUN their salespeople need to get their heads out of their a$$es. :guns:

MR2FAST
Mon Aug 2nd, 2004, 11:44 AM
Mark Dukes is the guy to talk to there... He is out of town this week but if you want to get something taken care of, talk to him and tell him that Travis Thornton told you to ask for him... He is the "Big Cheese" there and I know if from his time spent at Fay being their banker.
He will take care of you and the situation, everybody is trying to make a buck right now as it's coming to the end of the big selling season...

Anonymous
Mon Aug 2nd, 2004, 11:48 AM
Hey Blue, when you speak to his boss remind whoever that ends up being that you were going to buy two other vehicles that day, that the sales guy lied, and that around 1200 members of the local motorcycle purchasing community know about this and are waiting to see if things are made right, or if they should avoid yet another local dealership.

Funny thing, when I bought my superhawk the sales guy was a big patronizing moron then too. Tried to sell me a 98 with crate damage (this was in '00) for close to 8 grand (MSRP on a new one is 9 grand now, pretty sure it was less in 2k). At the time, a friend of a friend was the then-sales-manager of Fay Myers... called him up, and just to piss off Sun he offered me a 99 new in the crate, no damage, OTD for like $7400. Ten guesses who I wrote the check to. Of course we have no friends at Fay anymore, so unless I feel like being treated like a subhuman piece of scum unless I can toss $18k at a new italian Du-prill-mota something or other by their sales staff, I won't be buying another bike there.

Honestly the best place I can buy a bike from now isn't even in the state, but I will pay them to ship it in the crate via forward air to me from NC because I will get a good deal without all the bullshit.

MR2FAST
Mon Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:09 PM
Hey Blue, when you speak to his boss remind whoever that ends up being that you were going to buy two other vehicles that day, that the sales guy lied, and that around 1200 members of the local motorcycle purchasing community know about this and are waiting to see if things are made right, or if they should avoid yet another local dealership.

Funny thing, when I bought my superhawk the sales guy was a big patronizing moron then too. Tried to sell me a 98 with crate damage (this was in '00) for close to 8 grand (MSRP on a new one is 9 grand now, pretty sure it was less in 2k). At the time, a friend of a friend was the then-sales-manager of Fay Myers... called him up, and just to piss off Sun he offered me a 99 new in the crate, no damage, OTD for like $7400. Ten guesses who I wrote the check to. Of course we have no friends at Fay anymore, so unless I feel like being treated like a subhuman piece of scum unless I can toss $18k at a new italian Du-prill-mota something or other by their sales staff, I won't be buying another bike there.

Honestly the best place I can buy a bike from now isn't even in the state, but I will pay them to ship it in the crate via forward air to me from NC because I will get a good deal without all the bullshit.

Ralph,
You still have a friend at Fay if you need it... Jason White is the head guy there now and is a buddy of mine if you need something from them I will give him a call and see what he can do for you... I won't promise the best deal or anything but you wont be treated like "a subhuman piece of scum" if you deal with the people that make the decisions.

Anonymous
Mon Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:00 PM
That's cool Trav, didn't know Jason was the HNIC around there now. ;)

The next time you talk to him, make sure he knows that a large portion of the local motorcycling community won't buy there however because of the service they and their friends get on a general basis. It's a shame since they're a cool shop, but the elitist mentality that the floor sales guys seem to emminate just turns people away. Not everyone can afford a ducati and some people can but just want a cheap bike for whatever the reason, and wind up going elsewhere because of the rep Fay has "on the street" now.

I'm not saying they need to have free helmets for all or whatever, but just some courtesy for someone who might not want the most expensive thing, but doesn't know everything about the different options. I've even experienced this myself... Go in there in a t shirt and jeans and sit on a 600, and you can muck with the bike for 10 minutes without someone talking to you (WITH guys sitting at their desks doing whatever idle salespeople do). Walk in with a $160 pair of Oakleys and sit on a 'prilla or a Duc, and I give it about 30-60 seconds before first contact (with subsequent interactions about every couple minutes thereafter from other "hopefuls"). Just food for thought, they're a cool shop like I said but do have some points to work on...

MR2FAST
Wed Aug 4th, 2004, 11:21 AM
That's cool Trav, didn't know Jason was the HNIC around there now. ;)

The next time you talk to him, make sure he knows that a large portion of the local motorcycling community won't buy there however because of the service they and their friends get on a general basis. It's a shame since they're a cool shop, but the elitist mentality that the floor sales guys seem to emminate just turns people away. Not everyone can afford a ducati and some people can but just want a cheap bike for whatever the reason, and wind up going elsewhere because of the rep Fay has "on the street" now.

I'm not saying they need to have free helmets for all or whatever, but just some courtesy for someone who might not want the most expensive thing, but doesn't know everything about the different options. I've even experienced this myself... Go in there in a t shirt and jeans and sit on a 600, and you can muck with the bike for 10 minutes without someone talking to you (WITH guys sitting at their desks doing whatever idle salespeople do). Walk in with a $160 pair of Oakleys and sit on a 'prilla or a Duc, and I give it about 30-60 seconds before first contact (with subsequent interactions about every couple minutes thereafter from other "hopefuls"). Just food for thought, they're a cool shop like I said but do have some points to work on...

I'm with ya on that... I do know that he reads the board every now and then and has asked me about some of the things that are said... Hopefully the insight that he recieves from here will help with the Fay issues that people have seen... I haven't had the same problems simply because I only go in a talk with him and he treats me right as I am a friend.

Anyway, back on subject with Sun, go talk with Mark Dukes and get the situation resovled and then be sure to post up the resolution here...