PDA

View Full Version : Modifying the title of your thread - you have 60 days to do so

pilot
Wed Oct 31st, 2007, 12:17 PM
Admin Edit: See post #4 for details & instructions on how to do this

I took a quick look and didn't see a title like this in the "Site Comments" section.

Has this issue been addressed? If so, perhaps the mods could point me in the right direction?

I just thought it would be easier to make a corrections, to say a date/time of a ride, and such.

Thanks for the review.

Spiderman
Thu Nov 1st, 2007, 12:10 PM
While this would most definitely be useful, I don't think the current version of the software we're using has this as an option. Perhaps a future upgrade.

pilot
Thu Nov 1st, 2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the info Bob. Perhaps on another software update. BTW, PM me with my annual due date for site donations when you get a chance.

And that's the way it is from cool, yet comfortable, coffee house in Little Rock, Arkansas,

Gracias.

Spiderman
Wed Sep 24th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I just did a little research on this, and there is a time-limited feature which does allow this. It is currently set for 5 minutes 60 days:
- after creating your thread, you have 5 minutes 60 days in which to change the title that appears on the forum & search list.

Here's how to do it:
Click the "Edit" button
Click the "Go Advanced" button
Scroll down to the "Title" text field
Make your changes
Click the "Save Changes" button
After the 5 minutes 60 days is up, the above steps will simply change the title of your POST - the THREAD title will remain unchanged (only a mod/admin can change the title after that).

Kewl? :siesta:

Admin Edit - Time limit increased to 60 days to allow: sellers to modify the title of their thread to reflect price drops or that the item has been sold, and; for blond moments.

Sortarican
Wed Sep 24th, 2008, 12:29 PM
And that's the way it is from cool, yet comfortable, coffee house in Little Rock, Arkansas,....Gracias.

Gracias?!?!?!
In Arkansas that means ya just went ass-over-tea-kettle and got grass stains on yer overalls.

Edit:
Hey! Whaddya know? You can change the title on a post.:pointlaugh:

Spiderman
Wed Sep 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Gracias?!?!?!
In Arkansas that means ya just went ass-over-tea-kettle and got grass stains on yer overalls.Check the date - this is an old thread!

Hey! Whaddya know? You can change the title on a post.:pointlaugh:
Yes you can... so can I. :devious:

Sortarican
Wed Sep 24th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Yes you can... so can I. :devious:

ICE-BACK!

GixxerCarrie
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Can you help a blond out and Change the Date of Timmays Birthday thread from the 12th to the 11th!

GixxerCarrie
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Thank you to whomever fixed it!!!!

Admin
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Done. And I've increased the limit set for the feature allowing you to do it from 5 minutes to 60 days. 8)

SumoWeezle
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Done. And I've increased the limit set for the feature allowing you to do it from 5 minutes to 60 days. 8)

awesome! thanks :D

Snowman
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Let the abuse of this new power go forth and multiply...

Devaclis
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Man, I need to find some old threads!

Bueller
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Used it already! woohooo just like the good ole days before the facist crackdown on our liberties

Rooster
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:11 PM
i got a suggestion. instead of keeping the social events in 1 place you should have it in each region. as in each region has its own social event. that way people only looking to ride up north or down south doesnt have to look around. they can just look in there own region. just 1 persons suggestion though.

McVaaahhh
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Under social events you have to specify the region for said event. :up:

Spiderman
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM
You can also filter the results by region (it's down at the bottom of the page, after all the posts). ;)

Rooster
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 04:41 PM
oh ok. im new to all of this stuff. so im still learning. lol