PDA

View Full Version : Racing Mods

menace
Sun Apr 6th, 2003, 07:11 PM
I was reading that in order to race, I need to tape up some wires or something and put tape on my lights if I want to race? This true? I saw it on MRA_RACING.ORG What other modifications do I need to do? And could anyone tell me exactly what wires need to be tied and what they mean by taping up the lights?

Big-J
Mon Apr 7th, 2003, 09:18 AM
I was reading that in order to race, I need to tape up some wires or something and put tape on my lights if I want to race

You need to "safety wire" the bike and basicly not have any light's on the bike(blinkers,headlight...). But you need a whole lot more then that to be able to race! You should go back to the MRA web site and print out the rule book! It will tell you everything you need to know about MRA racing.

yakuza
Mon Apr 7th, 2003, 09:58 AM
I think you were looking at the requirements for the Race School, for which you need to tape up your lights so that they don't shatter and throw glass all over the track if you were to crash. To actually race, the requirements are even more stringent, in particular you'll need to safety wire any bolt that could leak fluid. You'll need an enclosed belly pan that can contain fluids, and a steering damper. Are you wanting to have a bike that you both race and ride on the street?

I'd suggest printing the rule book and reading it cover to cover, most questions are covered there.