PDA

View Full Version : Excel on Colfax

snapper
Mon Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:13 PM
Hi. I just want to vent about my recent experience with these bozos.

Here goes.

My bike is up for the 8000 tune up which includes a valve job, oil and lube. Pretty simple. Drop my bike off one morning, pick it up the same evening.

Driving home. Sputtering. Backfires. WTF? Go back...shop is closed.

No problem, take it back the next day.

They say they will take a look at it and see what is wrong so I decide to leave it with them for the day.

Go to pick it up that evening. They tell me they could not find a problem. Still sputtering driving home the second time.

Decide to take a look at it myself. Start to pull the tank off. The rubber bushings that surround the tank bolts are missing. WTF? Proceed to pull the tank off. Find a loose hose and plug it back in. Re-assemble and test ride.

Running great now and easy fix for me, not a pro mechanic but I have my own tool box.

So, I go back to the shop for the third time and ask them why I am missing parts (bushings) and tell them what I did to fix the sputtering. No problem, they will order some bushings for me. Thanks for that! They do not have any explanation as to why they could not see that hose was loose or why they would give me back a sputtering bike.

WTF did I pay them for?!?!?!

What a bunch of idiots they are! I am telling everyone I know!

vroomnut
Tue Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:07 PM
I've given up on taking my bikes in for servicing. It is easier for me to just buy the service manual and work on them myself. The sad times we live in. Is there not one dealership out there that cares about the products & services they sell? I certainly haven't found one.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:26 PM
I've given up on taking my bikes in for servicing. It is easier for me to just buy the service manual and work on them myself. The sad times we live in. Is there not one dealership out there that cares about the products & services they sell? I certainly haven't found one.

Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Longmont. Don't let the Kawasaki name fool ya --- they work on it all but italian and brit bikes.

Anonymous
Tue Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:55 PM
TK will service ya up good. ;)

snatfinder
Tue Aug 3rd, 2004, 02:15 PM

Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Longmont. Don't let the Kawasaki name fool ya --- they work on it all but italian and brit bikes.
rocky mountain sucks too... bad experience with them when my friend was buyin a bike

Nick_Ninja
Tue Aug 3rd, 2004, 02:19 PM

rocky mountain sucks too... bad experience with them when my friend was buyin a bike

Bummer dude --- I've only bought bikes from Marshall and the boyz for over 30 years ------- I'm sure you'll find a reputable shop ------- somewhere.

snatfinder
Tue Aug 3rd, 2004, 03:10 PM
Marshall seemed like a reputable guy. His staff did not. Dealt with people in sales and service. Both disappointing. But I did talk to Marshall and he seemed like a good guy

El Gato 750R
Tue Aug 3rd, 2004, 03:52 PM
I would def recommend TK or TFOG, both places do good work. Personally, I like to use TFOG becasue they do good work for a reasonable price.

snapper
Tue Aug 3rd, 2004, 04:00 PM
I originally had the notion that using a dealership or professional mechanic would be better because they know what they are doing and have more experience than me. Perhaps they would see something I do not. I have had service done at several shops, and frankly, I don't feel any of them have the "attention to details" that I expect. Excel just pushed me over the linewith their ignorance.

As a service oriented business owner, I would never expect any of my clients to pay for bad service. But that's just me.

I am going to check out TK for some tire mounting and see how thay are but for now I will be servicing my bike myself. At least I will know what is done.

vroomnut
Wed Aug 4th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Yes... TK & TFOG are excellent. The guys at both those shops are down to earth & know what they are doing. If there is something I am not willing to do myself... then they are the ones I turn to. Working on bikes is how they make their money... not selling them like at these big dealerships... who couldn't give a rat's ass about you once they have your money. Happy wrenching!