PDA

View Full Version : Max performance from PCIII...

Thadius
Tue Nov 6th, 2007, 11:54 AM
So I had the ZX-10 on the DYNO at Epic MS a couple of Saturdays ago and had Mr. Clarkie put a brutal mapping into my PCIII (Brutal in a good way)
I am no gear head but have a decent understanding of the bike. What I need to know is for Colorado riding: Should I be making any adjustments to my PCIII based on elevation? What about road trips through Sea level and mountain riding? It has the LOW,MED,HIGH settings but I am none too much familiar with what the heck they do???:banghead: I believe they are for elevation changes but my bike always runs like a champ in any gear, elevation, gas type, whatever. It just wants to go....
Should I just leave it well enough alone? Any thoughts??

Thanks

Bueller
Tue Nov 6th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Unless you can save that map I wouldn't touch anything, Those settings will change your map over a wide range, the map Aaron put on there is your best tune at all different RPM ranges. The EFI will compensate for elevation for the most part. That map is specific to your bike and exhaust.

konichd
Tue Nov 6th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I have the same setup, leave it as-is if you ask me. The 10R is more power at any level, high elevations or sea level. Your not going to gain any noticable changes by adjusting your High/Med/Low inputs on the PCIII.

hcr25
Tue Nov 6th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Leave it alone, if Clarkie did the work you are good to go unless you start using different fuel (some race gas) you would need to re map feo best results

Clarkie
Wed Nov 7th, 2007, 12:03 AM
I raced my Superstock spec GSXR1000 in AZ this past weekend, it was mapped up here and I noticed a couple of things, it wheelies a shit load more down there, spins up a lot more down there. I didnt change the mapping and it was plenty fast, fast enough that a couple of full AMA Superbike's had trouble drafting past me, the big difference was that unlike racing up here I didnt get acused of cheating, I guess everyone was running the same 'clutch setting' as I was :lol:

rybo
Wed Nov 7th, 2007, 08:54 AM
nah...not the "clutch setting" it's the "traction control" that we protest Clarkie!

Best to you!

Scott

I raced my Superstock spec GSXR1000 in AZ this past weekend, it was mapped up here and I noticed a couple of things, it wheelies a shit load more down there, spins up a lot more down there. I didnt change the mapping and it was plenty fast, fast enough that a couple of full AMA Superbike's had trouble drafting past me, the big difference was that unlike racing up here I didnt get acused of cheating, I guess everyone was running the same 'clutch setting' as I was :lol:

Clarkie
Wed Nov 7th, 2007, 09:07 AM
lol! kinda funny how in the SS tear-down at Pueblo everyone had to remove their clutch covers just so people could look at my 'clutch settings', wonder who's idea that was, seems for two years in a row the same group of people think my SS bike shouldnt be as fast as it is :cry: maybe it's the loose nut behind the throttle that make it fast

That was some of the funniest shit I have seen in a long time, especially since I pulled my 'clutch setting' quote straight from the interweb :pointlaugh:

Bueller
Wed Nov 7th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I think you have a cheater in that 250 kwaker, there is no way you should be passing my stock 450 :argue:

Clarkie
Wed Nov 7th, 2007, 09:20 AM
lol! you wait until i change my 'clutch setting' on that thing! :alien:

hcr25
Wed Nov 7th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Clarkie,How did you do?

Thadius
Wed Nov 7th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I guess that settles it, I don't change the PC and Clarkie is a loose nut. (Self proclaimed)
Thanks for the input. I forgot to ask you when you (Clarkie) were mapping it.

Clarkie
Wed Nov 7th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Clarkie,How did you do?

not bad, won O-SS pretty easy but dq'd myself so i wouldnt effect the point chase for the #1 plate, finished 2nd to Scooter in Unlimited-GP (RoR-O) and watched him break the lap record in the process, then finished 2nd to him in Unlimited-SB at the end of the day.

The have a 'money shot' award for pulling the holeshot and another one for leading the first lap in O-SS and Un-GP which I did in both in, I never won a race but won more money there than if I won every race with the MRA or MoM series....