PDA

View Full Version : Need jetting advice for '99 (anything earlier than '03) R6

EliR6
Tue Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:36 PM
OK, so I had my bike jetted PERFECTLY...for sea level. Now, as you can imagine, I'm running WAY rich. (I always wanted to be rich, but not like this...) In any case, I know a lot of you folks race the R6's. Basically I'm wondering what your carb settings are. I'm running with an Ivan's jet kit. I plan on getting a baseline dyno run within the next couple of weeks, then it's time to start tweaking! Anyone wanna kick down some settings to give me a place to start. I'd really like to get this basically dialed in with 3 dyno runs. I'll do more if I HAVE to, but I'd prefer not to. ;)

Thanks much,
Eli

jplracing
Tue Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:50 PM
Call Bart at TK motorsports. He should know better than anyone what settings to use

720-904-9040

Anonymous
Tue Aug 3rd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Call Bart at TK motorsports. He should know better than anyone what settings to use

720-904-9040
............. :imwithstupid:

EliR6
Wed Aug 4th, 2004, 09:04 AM

720-904-9040
Well, I'll give him a call, but I'm guessing that he'll tell me something like "well, bring it in and we'll put it on the dyno and see what it needs" then he'll want to charge me $300 to do the work. Which I'd LOVE to give him...if I had it. :|

Thanks,
Eli

Anonymous
Wed Aug 4th, 2004, 03:25 PM

720-904-9040
Well, I'll give him a call, but I'm guessing that he'll tell me something like "well, bring it in and we'll put it on the dyno and see what it needs" then he'll want to charge me $300 to do the work. Which I'd LOVE to give him...if I had it. :|

Thanks,
Eli
Of course, the *best* way to do it, would be to put it on the Dyno, but these guys are really cool - they're racers & riders just like us, and they're always willing to help. Go ahead and give him a call - he will do his best to help you out over the phone. Bart has jetted hundreds of R6's (he said thousands, but he's probably exaggerating :lol: ). There are a lot of factors involved (what type of jet kit is currently in there/you have; pipe/no pipe, etc.). Once you help him answer those questions, he should be able to give you a good starting point. 8)