PDA

View Full Version : Rampart newb ride Sat 11/10

Bueller
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Well Ralphy got himself a new dirtbike, now he wants to go crashing......ahh I mean riding. We jacked one of the other theads talking about going to Rampart, so here is the official thread on the subject.
I would need to change my setup from Sumo to dirt so let's see if there is any real interest before I commit since I will need to change back for the Bob trackday.
Sooo who is in?

67 deg at Sprucewood

rforsythe
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Fo shizzle. I think Rybo's in but not 'til 1:30 or so. Were you looking to go earlier, or does that work?

rybo
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I am in, but have to drop peeps off at the airport around 12:30....can meet at the trailhead in the afternoon if that works. If not, it will be another weekend for me.

s

rforsythe
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Fine with me... I have the bike you're riding anyway. :lol:

Bueller
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 08:17 AM
I would like to get up and get some riding done before lunch, we could arrange to be back at the bar at 1:30 (maybe lunch at 1:00). But if the bike Scott is going to be riding is the DR we will want to pick appropriate trails for the bike. What about meeting at 10:00 and get some trails in and then meet up with Scott when he can get there?

rforsythe
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 08:23 AM
K that will work Dave. He is riding the DR (unless he bought something new I don't know about) though it should be a reasonably capable bike. I don't think we're going to be climbing walls this weekend. ;)

Where do you want to meet? Never been there.

rybo
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Yup...On the DR....was on the verge of getting a cool 125 on ebay on the cheap, but got outbid. I have no problem with being the tail end bike going slow.

Bueller
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Make it easy, we can meet at the Sprucewood. That way we can come back and get lunch and pick up Scott. Bring cash they don't do CC's or checks.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=Sprucewood+Inn&address=&city=Sprucewood&state=CO&zipcode=

rforsythe
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Sprucewood, check.
Cash, check.
Check, no check.

...Ibuprofen for later, check. :lol:

Scott's also doing photo duty, so there should be evidence of the mayhem.

Bueller
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Shouldn't be too bad, my shoulder is still screwed so I wont take you into the shit, much.

eklew
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Hey, I want to go, let me know more details, now!!!!! Do we need plated bikes?

Bueller
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Be at the Sprucewood Inn @ 10:00 am Saturday morning, no plates needed although an OHV sticker should be had, although this time of year you really don't need to worry about it. Bring $10 to eat more if you want to liquor up after you ride. And I would suggest knobbies. Sumo tires might cut it in the afternoon after we pick up Rybo on the DR-pig but we are going to try to scare the crap outta Ralph in the morning.

Marauder
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Ok...never been so I qualify for noob status. However, can't get the bike started. Posted in bike tech. If I can get it going, i have stickers and installed the sparky. Just need to borrow DK's trailer and I'm there. Little help?

Bashed
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I might be up for some of this in the afternoon.
I have some welding stuff in the morning to do.
I could meet you'all coming from the south off
of Rainbow Falls area.I am plated so I will try and
meet you @ the Sprucewood or wherever you are
meeting Rybo around 1-1:30.Let Me know.

Later Bash

Bueller
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Bash, we will make it back to the Sprucewood around 12:30-1:00 and get some grub then head out 1:30ish for some afternoon antics.
Would be cool if you could make it. KTM represent'n

Bashed
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM
The two strokes WILL come back to take over the world someday......

See you there
Bash

eklew
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Ok...never been so I qualify for noob status. However, can't get the bike started. Posted in bike tech. If I can get it going, i have stickers and installed the sparky. Just need to borrow DK's trailer and I'm there. Little help?

Dude, if you get your bike running, I can give you and your bike a ride to Rampart. You still in Aurora right?

eklew
Thu Nov 8th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Be at the Sprucewood Inn @ 10:00 am Saturday morning, no plates needed although an OHV sticker should be had, although this time of year you really don't need to worry about it. Bring $10 to eat more if you want to liquor up after you ride. And I would suggest knobbies. Sumo tires might cut it in the afternoon after we pick up Rybo on the DR-pig but we are going to try to scare the crap outta Ralph in the morning.

I will transform the 'tard back into a dirt bike then.

Bueller
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 12:06 PM
So if anyone is a little late arriving we will meet @ 10:00 @ Sprucewood but will park in the open area on the road just past the bar. Take the right fork and go an additional 100 yards.

Bueller
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 12:18 PM
PM'd contact info to those that have show interest.

rforsythe
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I'll be rolling with the big white Team Skinny trailer too, in case you have trouble finding us.

Bueller
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Damn son! Just put them bad boys in the back of that monster truck. :lol:

dchd1130
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Sounds like fun I would love to get out while its still nice. Im a little confused though. What time are you meeting. 10:00 or 1-1:30? Let me know. As long as the wify doesnt have a problem with it I will be there.

rybo
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Sounds like fun I would love to get out while its still nice. Im a little confused though. What time are you meeting. 10:00 or 1-1:30? Let me know. As long as the wify doesnt have a problem with it I will be there.

Both....the "fast" guys are meeting early to purge some adreneline before the slow guy (me) shows up at 1:30.

rforsythe
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Damn son! Just put them bad boys in the back of that monster truck. :lol:

Same difference really, I park the trailer in front of the truck in the driveway anyway. May as well spend the same amount of time and not have to push them up 4 feet in the air.

rforsythe
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Both....the "fast" guys are meeting early to purge some adreneline before the slow guy (me) shows up at 1:30.

It's funny that you think I'm a "fast" guy. :lol: I will be taking up the rear going "holy f*ck" the entire time.

Bueller
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 02:11 PM
May as well spend the same amount of time and not have to push them up 4 feet in the air.
That's why you just ride 'em into the truck. :hump:

Bueller
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah Rybo and Bash can't make it 'till later so we will ride some, go to the bar, have lunch and ride more.

DucWise
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Just noticed this thread going on. You guys go out for off-road riding much? I've got an XR that I picked up this summer that I'd love to take out (more often) and get hurt on :turtle: I'm sure I'd fall under the noob status as well though. Never been riding at Rampart... or realyy anywhere around here to speak of.

Just throwing it out that I'd like to go sometime :D

(Oh... and all my bikes run :slappers:)

Bueller
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Yes we ride all summer long, at least every other weekend if not more. Your running out of time to ride Rampart, as soon as the snow starts hitting it'll close up 'till spring, then you will be stuck riding at the tracks. We will be doing some Hare Scrambles this winter at VDR. Otherwise I put SUMO wheels on and ride IMI and around town.

bandido
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I will be there for lunch at 1:00 to ride with the slow guys, I will get the
trailer loaded tonight.

See you there

Bueller
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Ralph it appears you will need to be fast by lunch!

rforsythe
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Fuck! Alright, we'll have to sort that out. :lol: Should be an entertaining couple hours.

You doing the VDR on the 9th? I am planning to. Even have Dysco coming out to laugh at me for two hours.

friscokidd
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 03:13 PM
no go, will be wheeling down in buena vista, plus my radiator is still somewhere OTHER than on the bike :)

Marauder
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Dude, if you get your bike running, I can give you and your bike a ride to Rampart. You still in Aurora right?

Yes...still in Aurora at Peoria and Iliff (just west of 225 and Iliff). Bought my $150 kickstand...now I am just a hacksaw away from being ready.

Edit: Neighbor Gary came through. Putting the stickers on next and I am set.

eklew
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Yes...still in Aurora at Peoria and Iliff (just west of 225 and Iliff). Bought my $150 kickstand...now I am just a hacksaw away from being ready.

Edit: Neighbor Gary came through. Putting the stickers on next and I am set.

Just PM'd you my info if you still need a ride instead of having to wait for DK's trailer. I will be heading out to meet at 10am.

Terra
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Looks like I'll be able to make it at 10:00am meeting time... I haven't had a chance all year to ride in the dirt either due to racing or injuries, but would like to at least give the Yamaha some lovin' this year... Of course it just had to be obstinate all day by refusing to start, but I finally blew out all the cobwebs... :)

FTR, I'm still a bit of a dirt noob, and it will take me a bit to reverse my riding skills from street to dirt, lets just hope I don't have a repeat of last year and play Endo Superman into a pine tree... :(

--
Terra

eklew
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 10:29 PM
OOooooo, Terra is coming out to play!!!!

rybo
Sat Nov 10th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Hi kids,

So I really suck. Ralph and I were originally talking about going on Sunday, after my guests leave. I won't be there tomorrow as I have people in town till Sunday afternoon.

My apologies for not reading the title of the thread......

s

p.s I know I suck

krod
Sat Nov 10th, 2007, 06:56 AM
I should be there

Bueller
Sat Nov 10th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Shit man, they'll understand, but we will never forgive you!

Sorry you wont be there, see you on the next one.

Bueller
Sat Nov 10th, 2007, 07:10 AM
I should be there

:slappers:

Buddau
Sat Nov 10th, 2007, 08:05 AM
My boys are sick, the wife is at work. No one to baby sit 2 sick boys.
Maybe I can give the boys some medicine to knock them out while I go play.... My consience would never let that happen.
:banghead:

rforsythe
Sat Nov 10th, 2007, 08:11 AM
They're droppin like flies in this thread.

rforsythe
Sat Nov 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks again for setting this up Bueller, and for guiding! Had a blast today. No crashes for me (no big ones for anyone), and some good stuff at the end that wore me the fuck out but definitely made it interesting.

Bueller
Sat Nov 10th, 2007, 07:05 PM
No problem Ralph. It was a tremendous day for mid November. Worked out to be good ride, too bad we were limited on our range from the Sprucewood, but I think everyone got thier moneys worth. :lol:
Good to see those that made it, and screw all those that didn't http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/emoticons/flipa.gif

bandido
Sat Nov 10th, 2007, 09:21 PM
That was an awesome ride Bueller, thanks had a blast.
We need to do it again soon.

Bueller
Sun Nov 11th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Dude you were going pretty good there at the end, if the bar trail wasn't so spooky (blind corners), it is a kick to rail on, but with all the unexpected traffic yesterday I just couldn't get comfortable when I couldn't see far enough ahead.
I don't know how I managed to draw "crash test dummy duty" all day but the one time Kim got impatient and took off ahead of the group we had a scary moment. I was even thinking as I was chasing her down and started seeing her dust, that I didn't want to come up on a bad scene and I wished I was leading. Luckily she was undamaged, although the other guy is feeling it this morning.
Speaking of that, how is everyone else doing? :lol: My wrist is sore as hell and a bit swollen and some general stiffness but not bad concidering.

eklew
Sun Nov 11th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Uh oh, is Kim okay? I knew she was in a rush to get back because she had to pee!!!! I'm a little sore all over but not too bad. I bet Marauder is feeling it though! Thanks again for guiding us around Rampart.

rforsythe
Sun Nov 11th, 2007, 10:57 AM
What happened to Kim? She make contact with someone else? I had an "almost" along those lines with the two guys on yellow bikes that came tearing up the hill on one of the last steep sections before we broke off. I was already coming down a little sideways and just trying to keep it vertical when they came blasting up. First guy wasn't too bad and I had enough traction to give lots of room, but the second one was close. I was going sideways on some loose shit, and he almost got to taste XR. Probably my bad on that, but at least it ended up ok.

My upper back muscles and shoulders are sore, but otherwise not too bad.

Bueller
Sun Nov 11th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Kim is fine, unhurt. I am not sure of actual circumstances. She said the other rider took the brunt of it. He looked to have some shin and some shoulder pain. His front end was a little tweaked but Kims bike was fine.
And yes Ralph, uphill has right away, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Bueller
Sun Nov 11th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Oh and here is something for Dean :lol:
WHOOOOPS!
Of course this is why my wrist is swollen:(

rforsythe
Sun Nov 11th, 2007, 01:30 PM
And yes Ralph, uphill has right away, but it doesn't always work out that way.

That's what I thought. In fact I was thinking that as we were heading toward each other, but I had no way to stop or really do anything other than try to control my slide in a trajectory other than at him. Fortunately I think he realized I was trying to get out da way but was already past the point where it was as simple as that sounds, because he got way over and leaned into the hill to give me room.

I honestly figured I was going to have a harder time with things yesterday. It all felt pretty controlled for the most part, except at the end when I just started getting tired. If I had continued with you guys I would have crashed. Endurance is a process though, it'll just take time for me to get to the 14-hour point. :rock:

BTW that picture is f'n ridiculous. :lol: I can't decide if that looks like fun, or just looks like pain.

Bueller
Sun Nov 11th, 2007, 04:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIGADErIpYw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vh6AGkvSZw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSN74O9XXsA

And just for the hell of it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YzSFPvd4CE&NR=1):)

Buddau
Sun Nov 11th, 2007, 06:13 PM
So my 12 year old was feeling better today, we got to ride Rampart.
Sunday afternoon's seem not as crowded.
We ended up at flat rocks and hung out for a little.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i18/buddau/Rampart11-11-07018.jpg
Bueller thanks for the instructional whoops videos.

Bueller
Sun Nov 11th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Some more educational stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saqxkbqSi-M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcsJgYeOcP8&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv62PIKd_A4

krod
Sun Nov 11th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Sorry I did not make it ,went and did the supermoto thing:turtle:

FZRguy
Mon Nov 12th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Glad to hear you all survived. Come out with me on a weekday…there’s hardly anyone out there on a Tuesday. Ralph, when are you planning on going to Berthoud?

Bueller
Mon Nov 12th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Sorry I did not make it ,went and did the supermoto thing:turtle:
Yeah, brand new dirt bike in the garage and you still haven't taken it out :slap:

Glad to hear you all survived. Come out with me on a weekday…there’s hardly anyone out there on a Tuesday. Ralph, when are you planning on going to Berthoud?

Did you put that exploded view 125 back together yet?

rforsythe
Mon Nov 12th, 2007, 08:47 AM

*shrug* Mostly planning on doing the hare scramble on the 9th. That's also right after I get back from being in CA for a week so we'll see. I might go to Watkins soon too.

Marauder
Mon Nov 12th, 2007, 09:34 AM
The two-day waiting period is over...now the hurt comes! Mostly ass and thighs. Thanks for putting up with the "real" newb. Ralph, you couldn't dump it once just to make me feel better?

FZRguy
Mon Nov 12th, 2007, 01:15 PM
The motor should be ready on Friday, but I still have a lot of work to do on the chassis. I’m hoping to have it all back together in a couple of weekends. Planning on heading out to Watkins for break-in and then to Berthoud before my membership expires.

krod
Mon Nov 12th, 2007, 08:18 PM
[quote=Bueller;242732]Yeah, brand new dirt bike in the garage and you still haven't taken it out :slap:

No wheels sold them already, was going to by the SM set up from Epic but the new mecerdes set me back a few weeks.:oops:

Bueller
Mon Nov 12th, 2007, 08:44 PM
WTF you need a dirt bike, now you'll have 3 Sumo's and not a decent dirty. You still moving?

krod
Mon Nov 12th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Planning on it, Gotta sell the house first.(That may take a while,the market in Castle Rock is slow right now)

Those fricken dirt bikes will hurt ya.

Bueller
Mon Nov 12th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Actually riding 30+ mi. Sat. made my shoulder much better. This morning I had full range of motion and very little pain. Saw the Dr. and he said it was likely just a severe strain and not torn. No surgery on the shoulder! But I go under the knife tomorrow for the wrist and elbow, so I wont be riding for a couple weeks.

bandido
Tue Nov 13th, 2007, 08:08 AM
If you need someone to ride your bike in the next two weeks, let
me know.... LOL

Bueller
Wed Nov 14th, 2007, 07:58 AM
me know.... LOL
Which one? :lol:

FZRguy
Wed Nov 14th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Must ride SuMo…

krod
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 10:26 PM
me know.... LOL

Want to try it? I have an extra bike for those who want to give it a whirl:)

bandido
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Don't tempt me, I always wanted to give it a try.

Bueller
Fri Nov 16th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Come out and give it a whirl, you'll be shopping for wheels. :yes: