PDA

View Full Version : technical question

sheispoison
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hey guys, I just recently moved out here from Virginia. I've been doing trackdays for 2 seasons now with Team Promotion where you could run low tox coolant/antifreeze in your bikes on the track. So, I never had to worry about my cooling system freezing even on the very rare below 30 morning at the VIR. I'm going to Pueblo on the 17th for Bob's benifit day and I have to run water in the bike. I know the low for the night before is forecasted to be in the 20s. Should I just leave the cooling system empty for the drive down (I'm just south of Denver) and fill the bike with water when I get there and the sun comes up and gets above freezing? Thanks for the help.
carl

Sully
Fri Nov 9th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Hi Carl.. we had Team Promotion work with us at R2SL when we were at VIR for our charity even back in August.. .. they're a great group ! Welcome to Colorado..

rybo
Sat Nov 10th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Carl,

I'm leaving my cooling system empty till I get there. I think that's probably the best plan given the expected temps. You'll have plenty of time in the morning to get it filled back up.

See you there!

scott

p.s. I want to second what Sully said about TPM...that was a great group of people to work with and I'm glad to know you have some experience with them. I spent a good amount of time following Glen around and learning a BUNCH from him about teaching others to ride motorcycles on a track. Welcome!