PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Guard Riders

Oldgreen
Mon Nov 12th, 2007, 09:11 PM
There is a group of riders out there that are attending the funerals of Vets to make sure the proper respect is paid to the veterans of this country. If you would like more information, go to www.patriotguard.org (http://www.patriotguard.org) and checkit out.

vmax2003
Tue Nov 13th, 2007, 10:06 AM
There is a group of riders out there that are attending the funerals of Vets to make sure the proper respect is paid to the veterans of this country. If you would like more information, go to www.patriotguard.org (http://www.patriotguard.org) and checkit out.

Already a member for two years...great group so far.

dchd1130
Tue Nov 13th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Im a member also.

blue02celi
Tue Nov 13th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I've heard of these kind of groups, noticed mostly cruisers so never really looked into it. I did 8 yrs active duty navy so not sure if I could resist the temptation of running over any protesters that would dare show up to a funeral.

dchd1130
Tue Nov 13th, 2007, 11:10 AM
I've heard of these kind of groups, noticed mostly cruisers so never really looked into it. I did 8 yrs active duty navy so not sure if I could resist the temptation of running over any protesters that would dare show up to a funeral.

I went on one recently that was for a friend of mine that was killed in Iraq. It was mostly older guys on Hardleys. Super nice guys though. They said they had a couple sportbike riders. They said they don't usually get protesters in Denver. The protesters usually go to the small towns cause its less likely that they will be there (from what I was told). Its all about showing respect. Thats there main purpose.

vmax2003
Tue Nov 13th, 2007, 01:36 PM
yes, its hard to keep your voice down and out with that kind of bullcrap going on.

vmax2003
Tue Nov 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM

what was your MOS when you were in?

Oldgreen
Tue Nov 13th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I am a disabled vet from the '70's, USAF. I am 51 and I ride a Ninja. So I figure if we go on a few of these rides it can only help.