PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mnt. Supermoto Banquet

Bueller
Wed Nov 14th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Anyone interested in racing next year might want to come to the meeting afterwards. It is this Saturday (after the trackday).

Sorry for the wait but we have a date for the awards banquet.

Saturday November 17th
6:00 pm
Breckenridge Brewery XXX Blake St. Denver

Just like last year...dinner at 6 if you want (your dime)

Awards at 7-730

After the awards are handed out, we will open it up to a club meeting. I will post the agenda soon.

This is everybody's chance to voice your opinion.

If you are not recieving an award, please come anyway and have your say. If you are planning on racing next year, come and introduce yourself, ask questions and just hang out and get to know everyone.

Points have been updated in another thread.

Sortarican
Wed Nov 14th, 2007, 11:54 AM
You'll all love the Motard Awards Ceremony...it's always a Special event!

http://www.albanyarc.org/Programs/Special_Olympics/special_olympics.jpg
http://www.usma.edu/PublicAffairs/PV/030516/SpecialOlympics5.jpg

Just messin wit ya Buellster.
Congrat's on the season!

tarded400
Wed Nov 14th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Well, looks like I won't be racing next season, so I guess I won't be showin... hopefully someone will repesent the DR-Z in the sportsman class!

Bueller
Wed Nov 14th, 2007, 12:23 PM
You'll all love the Motard Awards Ceremony...it's always a Special event!

Just messin wit ya Buellster.
Congrat's on the season!
You're just a big meanie!:cry:
And if I had any real feelings I would be hurt:slappers:
That guy in the front row right does look like me. :oops:

Well, looks like I won't be racing next season, so I guess I won't be showin... hopefully someone will repesent the DR-Z in the sportsman class!
WTF why not?

tarded400
Wed Nov 14th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Broke my shoulder doing a stoppie saturday. I think its time for me to give the riding a rest, at least until I have a good full time job to pay for my screw us. Gonna part out the drz...

Bueller
Wed Nov 14th, 2007, 01:03 PM
How bad is it?
Sucks that you messed yourself up.
Sit on it for awhile before you make any rash decisions.

tarded400
Wed Nov 14th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Haha... rash decisions. But seriously, its my second serious injury in a year and a half. I consider that a sign. The motard is just way too much fun to ride on one wheel.

Joe
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Sortarican, you're definitely going to hell for those pics, sadly I'll be right there beside you because I laughed, a lot.

Tarded400, I'll definitely be there to represent! Sorry to hear about your wreck. If you do decide to part-out, let me know. I'm definitely interested in 40 extra hp, in case you have it. Maybe if I put a whole 'nother engine in there alongside my own!

tarded400
Thu Nov 15th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and part it. Have had several people interested in the forks... not quite sure what to ask for them...

Bueller
Sat Nov 17th, 2007, 10:00 AM
This is tonight 8)

krod
Mon Nov 19th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Looks like we will be going to Utah alot in June and July.:shocked:

Sortarican
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Serious congrat's to all the tards, glad people are keeping that race class going.
(I hope to have one by spring.)

Does RMSM have a website with the season results and such?

Bueller
Tue Nov 20th, 2007, 09:35 AM
The site is down right now, we are pressuring them to get it back up. There is a forum for Rocky Mountain Supermoto on Super Moto Junkie (http://www.supermotojunkie.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58), The "Points" sticky has the top finishing positions, our site http://www.hsr411.com/ has our teams results.
There will be some incentives to come out and race next year, especially for first time racers.
Although no one raced in Sportsman class this year, it will still remain for next year. It is an entry level class where you ride a MX/Enduro with the stock wheels, just put on some DOT dual sport tires and some minor race prep and come out and race. If you have a bike that comes street legal with 17" wheels and oversize brake (e.g. DRZ 400SM) you are sportsman legal.

FZRguy
Tue Dec 11th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Sorry that I missed this...I'm lame in checking the site. If I can scrap up the dough for wheels, I'll race next season. BTW, Speed has been running coverage of AMA SuMo on Tuesdays at 11 a.m. I caught the Texas race today where Wardy's tranny broke and left him in 4th gear for 1/3 of the race. He went from 1st to finish 15th.

Bueller
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Hey John, look at Epic's site (http://epicmotosports.com/supermoto.aspx)for some affordable wheels, Warp 9's.
There is also going to be a separate series this year that will be IMI races only. It will not be a points championship series, but is designed to get more riders involved in racing without all the BS. It will be a payback and prize classes. Here is the initial announcement on SMJ with more details to follow.

Epic Motosports has decided in conjunction with local supermoto riders to start a new summer supermoto series. This new supermoto series is being developed to help grow the sport in Colorado.

We plan on doing an all IMI series consisting of 5-6 rounds. Riders in this series will not be racing for a championship, instead they will be racing to win cash at the end of each race. There will also be tickets given to top finishing riders in all classes each race that will be for drawings at the end of the series. We have already locked in a number of sponsors for this series and we plan to keep adding sponsors throughout the winter.

Again, this series is designed to grow the sport. We hope that by having loose tech requirements and prizes not only for winners, will encourage more riders to show up and also encourage new riders to come out and try supermoto.

We want to emphasize that we are not trying to steal anything away from RMS and we support them 100%. We plan on participating in their series and providing trackside support to all supermoto riders.

Keep checking supermoto junkie for updates and if you have any questions let us know.

Epic Motosports

Will there be any Contingency

Yes, contingencies will probably not happen this year. But, like anything else it needs to grow.

Several sponsors have already been lined up that are 100% on board even though we are not going to be AMA or NASMOTO sanctioned. The idea of our series is to have fun! If word of mouth gets out that we are out there having fun, more and more guys will show up.

We need to just get people out racing or there will be no hopes of contingency and sponsors in the future because there will be no riders.

Will the schedule conflict with Rocky Mountain SuperMoto

We are going to avoid conflicting schedules with RMS to the best of our ability. We want people to be able to race both series so we will do our best.

A few more details.

Here is the run down on the Shootout series.

-Low entry fees
-Fewer classes
-More encouraging to new riders
-Chance for everyone to win something (money, gear, parts, etc.)

We need as many riders as possible to show up at both series to get new riders out there. We plan on marketing towards new riders and we need all of you to show and put on some good racing so we can get them hooked the way we are hooked.

In addition I am going to be the Tech inspector for RMS next season and we are working on relaxing the requirements for bikes to pass tech, we were using AMA rules and that was discouraging some from prepping bikes.

Both series have the goal of attracting new racers. We would like to help anyone interested in trying Supermoto racing to get out the and give it a try, even on stock wheels setups.

tarded400
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Ack! And I had to go and throw the bike down the pavement.

Bueller
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Fix it!

eklew
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Nice going Dave!

FZRguy
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah, that series sounds perfect. tarded400 PM sent re your wheels.

motobum
Fri Dec 14th, 2007, 05:48 PM
is there a schedule out yet?

Bueller
Fri Dec 14th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Probably not until the first of the year, they are going to wait for RMS to release their schedule, which hopefully will happen sooner than later. RMS is supposed to have a preliminary after this weekend.
Ask Kevin about specifics for the shoot out series since it is his baby.